Line Skip Badge is back!

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Line Skip Badge is back!

Post by Nemra »

For the second year, Anime Boston is giving away a special badge that will allow you and a friend to line cut the events you want to see!

This event will work by making donations to the National MS Society under our page. For every $2 you donate, you are purchasing a ticket into the raffle. Please donate in even numbered amounts!

The raffle will be drawn on March 1st with a winner announced that week.

To enter go to the page[LINK REDACTED BY AB STAFF DUE TO DEADLINE], and input the amount you would like to donate. Every $2 gets you a ticket. Please scroll down to the empty box to input your own amount.

-This badge is only good for Anime Boston 2016 and is good for the winner and one friend to each event. YOU MUST STILL PURCHASE A BADGE FOR THE CONVENTION.

-You must have the badge on you in order to cut the line.

-Please use your real name and correct information when filling out the donation page, as we will need it to contact you!

-Please arrive early to events to ensure getting in. Winner must arrive 30 mins prior to autograph sessions, but will still be placed in the front of the line.

-This badge is good for Anime Boston events only and will not be accepted by outside vendors. (Ie. Anywhere in the mall)

-No refunds will be offered on donations.
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

Kanechan
Expert Poster

Re: Line Skip Badge is back!

Post by Kanechan »

One and done. As with last year, I'm in.
Klein bottle for rent; inquire within.
Meowth
I'm new!

Post by Meowth »

Nice! Did this last year too :)

Do we need to check "yes, please display the amount of my donation publicly on the participant's website" to be entered in the drawing? Or will it still work if I select "make this an anonymous gift" (which I'd prefer to do)?
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

I'm there, dude. And win or lose, it's still for charity! :)
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)
nightmareman00
Veteran Poster

Post by nightmareman00 »

Question this badge is for all the events at the con?
Aidan2
AB Executive

Post by Aidan2 »

That is correct. For all events and Autograph sessions.
Michael Lee
Director of Technical Operations
saffieb
Veteran Poster

Post by saffieb »

And it's reusable for more than one event? Including the opening/closing ceremonies?
AB 2024- Celebi (Pokémon)
AB 2022- Boris Airay (Alice in the Country of Hearts)
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

yup! usable for everything throughout the 2016 convention
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

saffieb
Veteran Poster

Post by saffieb »

All set!

How do you guys know how to track our donations? Do you need the tracking code or something?
AB 2024- Celebi (Pokémon)
AB 2022- Boris Airay (Alice in the Country of Hearts)
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Would make my life easier if I could just buy the special badge at a flat rate. Add a couple preconditions if needed. LOL.

Better yet, why not offer the Link Skip Badge to Panelists at a flat rate--say, $10 or $20--as an extra way of saying thanks?
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog
Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2023 or 2024!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
President Aria
Veteran Poster

Post by President Aria »

Aurabolt wrote:
Better yet, why not offer the Link Skip Badge to Panelists at a flat rate--say, $10 or $20--as an extra way of saying thanks?
That's a terrible idea. I would like it if they offered line skip badges at a high flat rate, say $300, and limited it to maybe 100 people. But if this is the way they wanna run it, that's fine. The money is going to a good cause anyways.
nightmareman00
Veteran Poster

Post by nightmareman00 »

President Aria wrote:
Aurabolt wrote:
That's a terrible idea. I would like it if they offered line skip badges at a high flat rate, say $300, and limited it to maybe 100 people. But if this is the way they wanna run it, that's fine. The money is going to a good cause anyways.
Plus kind of fun to see if you win or not lol
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

I'm not a big fan of the word "never" but there is almost no chance for it going for a flat fee for anyone because it would be incredibly unfair for anyone who can't afford it.

Doing in a charity raffle has two advantages: A) it's for charity and all proceeds go straight to them, and B) it makes it "fair" in the sense that there is a chance for everyone to grab it. Sure you can increase your chances by donating more which skews the scales but anyone that's ever rolled a 1 knows that there is always the chance that it will happen.

...multiple times....

...in one sitting...

RIP my jungle dwarf grapple monk. You barely made it past the intro campaign :(
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

President Aria wrote:
Aurabolt wrote:
You misunderstood the context of what I suggested and/or selectively focused on the part you didn't like. My suggestion would be exclusively offered to Regular Panelists in addition to the Charity. That's a VERY small number of people who could even be eligable even if you include Guests of Honor who apply to run their own panels--about 50 people at the most though from my experience it's about half that number since folks like me have been running 2 or more panels the last few years.

I'll put it this way: I would happily trade my reimbursement Check for the Line Skip Badge if asked. I know not everyone would so I'm speaking for myself in that regard. The offer would ONLY be available to slotted Panelists outside the raffle.

Nemra wrote:I'm not a big fan of the word "never" but there is almost no chance for it going for a flat fee for anyone because it would be incredibly unfair for anyone who can't afford it.

Doing in a charity raffle has two advantages: A) it's for charity and all proceeds go straight to them, and B) it makes it "fair" in the sense that there is a chance for everyone to grab it. Sure you can increase your chances by donating more which skews the scales but anyone that's ever rolled a 1 knows that there is always the chance that it will happen.

...multiple times....

...in one sitting...

My response to the above comment answers this for the most part.

As I said above, I would be willing to donate my Refund Check for a Line Skip Badge. I know not everyone would be if we're talking equivalent exchange, I'd say that's a pretty good trade.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog
Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2023 or 2024!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
Aidan2
AB Executive

Post by Aidan2 »

Aurabolt wrote: As I said above, I would be willing to donate my Refund Check for a Line Skip Badge. I know not everyone would be if we're talking equivalent exchange, I'd say that's a pretty good trade.
While that seems like a fair and equitable trade. It is not actually an option on the table so there is no trade. I also will not say never but with the current attitudes of the executive board the ONLY general line skip badge we will have is this charity badge.

There is no discussion, There is no argument.

We feel that every attendee should have a fair chance at attending any programming. In the few cases we have granted "priority" access for any group of attendee that has been kept to a fairly small group of seats in mostly our very large rooms (We do this for the AMV contest and Masquerade) so that it is a statistically small number and does not affect the overall attendee experince.
Michael Lee
Director of Technical Operations
Jennachan
Convention Chair

Post by Jennachan »

Meowth wrote:Nice! Did this last year too :)

Do we need to check "yes, please display the amount of my donation publicly on the participant's website" to be entered in the drawing? Or will it still work if I select "make this an anonymous gift" (which I'd prefer to do)?

This can be made "anonymously" as I am still able to retrieve the information entered.
~Jenna Leary~
Con Chair
Jennachan
Convention Chair

Post by Jennachan »

saffieb wrote:All set!

How do you guys know how to track our donations? Do you need the tracking code or something?
The site itself notifies me of all donations made and who made them, so I am able to track how many "tickets" you have purchased!
~Jenna Leary~
Con Chair
THX1139
Veteran Poster

Post by THX1139 »

I donated to MS. The MS web page told me the change card was denied. My bank sends me email whenever the card is used online. They approve the amount to MS. I checked the bank web site, the change was approved. I do I know if I am in the raffle or not ????
Badge name THX1139 not cosplaying.
pulsedemon
Screw the rules, I have 5,000 posts!

Post by pulsedemon »

I'm going to follow up with you via PM because I want to check and see if the message I'm looking at is related to your donation or not.
Christian Daly, Director, Exhibits Division, Anime Boston

Look out! It's my last.fm profile!
Jennachan
Convention Chair

Post by Jennachan »

Don't Forget! Raffle ends Feb 29th! Get your tickets in now!

The line cut badge INCLUDES autograph lines!!!!
~Jenna Leary~
Con Chair
tardis624
Getting the hang of this...

Post by tardis624 »

OOPS! I forgot to put in my donation... going to do that now... hope you'll still count me!!! :-/
Nuno89
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Nuno89 »

Do we have any update on this ? :D
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

the winner has been drawn and emailed.

for more charity events to follow you can check out the FB page here where you can be updated on anything Charity! (which the line skip item is)
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

foreverfinn
Veteran Poster

Post by foreverfinn »

Aurabolt wrote:
President Aria wrote:
Aurabolt wrote:
You misunderstood the context of what I suggested and/or selectively focused on the part you didn't like. My suggestion would be exclusively offered to Regular Panelists in addition to the Charity. That's a VERY small number of people who could even be eligable even if you include Guests of Honor who apply to run their own panels--about 50 people at the most though from my experience it's about half that number since folks like me have been running 2 or more panels the last few years.

I'll put it this way: I would happily trade my reimbursement Check for the Line Skip Badge if asked. I know not everyone would so I'm speaking for myself in that regard. The offer would ONLY be available to slotted Panelists outside the raffle.

Nemra wrote:I'm not a big fan of the word "never" but there is almost no chance for it going for a flat fee for anyone because it would be incredibly unfair for anyone who can't afford it.

...multiple times....

...in one sitting...

My response to the above comment answers this for the most part.

As I said above, I would be willing to donate my Refund Check for a Line Skip Badge. I know not everyone would be if we're talking equivalent exchange, I'd say that's a pretty good trade.
I agree with the others in that it should be just a charity thing, and that seems like how it'll stay. And there are so many people who help with Anime Boston, just offering to certain groups of people who seems unfair. Plus, the pass is kind of a big deal, way more than any refund check, which in a way is just buying it. In general, charity is the way to go.
AB 2018 Cosplay Lineup

Thursday: ???
Friday: ??? / ???
Saturday: Wonderful Rush Rin Hoshizora (Love Live!) performing with Shining Sky Idol Project / ???
Sunday: Cheer Nozomi Tojo (Love Live!)

Next Con

???

Instagram

@forever.withyoursoul
pulsedemon
Screw the rules, I have 5,000 posts!

Post by pulsedemon »

Yep! As Michael pointed out above, it's not something that's up for debate. This is a one-of-a-kind thing, regardless of perceived 'fairness'.
Christian Daly, Director, Exhibits Division, Anime Boston

Look out! It's my last.fm profile!
foreverfinn
Veteran Poster

Post by foreverfinn »

pulsedemon wrote:Yep! As Michael pointed out above, it's not something that's up for debate. This is a one-of-a-kind thing, regardless of perceived 'fairness'.
Yeah, I was just agreeing with what he said. Although it isn't up for debate, I wanted to say that in my opinion the way it currently is is the best way anyway.
AB 2018 Cosplay Lineup

Thursday: ???
Friday: ??? / ???
Saturday: Wonderful Rush Rin Hoshizora (Love Live!) performing with Shining Sky Idol Project / ???
Sunday: Cheer Nozomi Tojo (Love Live!)

Next Con

???

Instagram

@forever.withyoursoul