Question about Microwaves and Fridges in Area Hotels

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Question about Microwaves and Fridges in Area Hotels

Post by Aurabolt »

Heya, ladies and gents.

A friend of mine is gonna be visiting Boston between January 27 and February 17. I did reccommend three of the hotels in the area to them: Sheraton, Westin and Marriott. They're gonna need as room with a mini fridge and hopefully a microwave since a young child and a pregnant woman is coming with them.

I live in Boston and unfortunately I've never stayed at any of the area hotels for AB (it's on my bucket list, no worries!). They won't be around for AB obviously but I figure I ask those who've stayed at these hotels. Does anyone know if the rooms in these hotels have a fridge (or Mini-Fridge) and/or a microwave and if not, if you can request them either from the front desk, when booking or when checking in?

I'm helping them plan and would like to get this figured out sooner than later. Thanks in advance to whoever is able to answer these questions ^_^

EDIT: Well, my friend is adjusting their plans. They will be here from January 30 to April 15 and they plan to atrtend AB2023 =)
Last edited by Aurabolt on Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
waynoinsano
Determined Poster

Re: Question about Microwaves and Fridges in Area Hotels

Post by waynoinsano »

Sheraton has mini-fridges but no microwaves.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Thanks for confirming that. I heard you can request a microwave for your room and I'm hoping someone can confirm that.

I edited my OP to mention this but my friend changed their plans. They will now be here from January 30 to April 15 and plans to attend AB2023! They have also settled on staying at the Sheraton. Should be fun =)
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
clovis
I'm new!

Post by clovis »

Hello,

It is possible to request a room with a mini fridge and/or microwave from the front desk, when booking, or when checking in at Sheraton, Westin, or Marriott hotels in Boston. However, it is best to double-check the availability of these amenities beforehand.

By the way, have you considered using artificial intelligence tools to help you plan your friend's trip? There are many AI-powered travel websites and apps that can assist you in finding the best hotels, flights, and activities based on your preferences and budget. These tools can save you a lot of time and effort, and ensure that your friend has a comfortable and enjoyable stay in Boston.

I hope this helps, and have a great day !
Last edited by clovis on Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Generate more qualified Leads with this website
Kagomechan
AB Staff

Post by Kagomechan »

As someone mentioned, all of the Sheraton rooms have refrigerators. I believe that is also the case for the Marriott.

Microwaves are a $25/day charge.
Mary Kaplan
Staff Resource Manager for Anime Boston 2013-2024
Director of Operations for Anime Boston 2006-2012
Secretary 2004-2005
Information Desk Manager 2003-2005