Any LGBT con-goers / Allies out there in their early-mid 30s?

If you need a room or a ride, this would be the place to make a new friend. Please note that this is NOT a place to discuss anime in general. In addition, this is NOT a relationship or solicitation forum, either.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Any LGBT con-goers / Allies out there in their early-mid 30s?

Post by Sayoria »

So, I go to the con every year with my friends but no matter how I plan events, everything falls apart. Plans to go out and eat fall apart, plans to do boardgames falls apart. I love my friends but their stamina just doesn't hold up with me. We can't walk two blocks without needing a break a lot of the time. It's hard for me to get my own full enjoyment of doing anything.

I am looking to see if there are any cool people out there in the Boston area who are con goers and would eventually like to hang out on the off-con seasons. It really sucks making new friends and when I have friends who just can't keep up with me, it makes my enjoyment of events lackluster.

I would ideally like to build (a) friendship(s) with people who I could hopefully hang out with more here and there.

Here's a bit about me:

- On the LGBT identity, I am a trans woman who doesn't really lean romantically. This is strictly a friend thing and would only ever be that.
- I actually don't watch anime or play games really anymore, but the con has been tradition for me. I still love the anime I have enjoyed in the past.
- My biggest fandom right now is more or less Gaki No Tsukai and Japanese comedy. It helps keep my spirits up. (Not that I am ever depressed. I am a pretty happy person)
- I love walking. I go into Boston every other week for electrolysis on Tuesday mornings then usually take the rest of my day to explore neighborhoods I have never walked before.
- I enjoy all kinds of music except death metal.
- I work for a Clinical Trials software company.
- I love trying new places to eat when I come into the city. Massive seafood and Japanese curry fan.
- My favorite events at the cons are gameshows. I am also an AMV editor, so I like that and the showings as well.

I don't know what else to add. Would really just like more friends with higher energy. I hate having to hold it back all the time. I need someone to be highly explosive with at times. If anyone else is a con loner in some way and would like to friend up sometime, let me know and let's meet and chat some day. Doesn't need to be at the con.

If you respond, tell me a bit about you as well. I'm open to all questions as long as they are in good taste.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
skuld
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Any LGBT con-goers / Allies out there in their early-mid 30s?

Post by skuld »

I'm 39, and can relate to this. I work a lot and can't always find time for games. Usually projects and what not. I'm actually just new to Anime Boston. I do have my friends, bit they are all over the internet at this point. It would be great to make some local friends.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Yep, the good-ole online friends thing. Always hard finding people to hang out otherwise. Do you often come into Boston? I see you are from Framingham.

Also, welcome to AB! .... been going since 2005. I really hope you've been enjoying it. It's a fantasic con!
skuld

Post by skuld »

It's not a difficult trip to get into Boston. I go in the City if I have a reason too.
But thank you!
It was my first year. The ticket system was a little frustrating to me, but it was fun! I especially liked Karaoke.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

skuld wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:49 pm It's not a difficult trip to get into Boston. I go in the City if I have a reason too.
But thank you!
It was my first year. The ticket system was a little frustrating to me, but it was fun! I especially liked Karaoke.
Very nice. I'm making it my goal to check out more neighborhoods this year in Boston. There's so many, and so much to see.

You're welcome! I hope it was everything you hoped for and more!

The whole 'Go to X place to buy Y ticket' situation? Yeah, I never did autographs at all this year, so I avoided tickets/passes completely. It was a blessing there was no guests I had too much interest in.

I hoped to get to karaoke eventually but I got so tied down with almost everything. I did get to Lip Sync Battle though, and did not regret that at all. Definitely the closest to karaoke I got.... well, that and Cosplay Shenanigans, but I wouldn't call that a music panel.

Did you commute in? Stay in a room with friends? Stay in a room with strangers? Stay in a room by yourself? ..... going at it alone, I'm curious what you did. I've never gone alone but I feel like with my current friends kind of crashing from the con, at least one of them won't be able to do it much longer.... but it's always been with atleast one friend.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Bumping this up for 2023.

I have friends I room with but are still pretty ............ lacking in energy. Last year, one of them pretty much stayed in the hotel room all convention long.

Any other solo people for this year looking for gameshow/panel/whatever attendee comrades?
Kilonum

Post by Kilonum »

Just turned 41 (On the day you bumped this even), am a transwoman who has done literally no voice work but have ben on HRT for the last year (and typing that has reminded me to take my nighttime estradiol lol)

This will be my first time at AB since 2007 (as it is the first time I can actually commute to/from since then... in fact I will be working my day job inside the Sheraton Tue-Fri, and tbh I put more into Enforcing at PAX East)

I am not totally solo (coworker is going as well) but would be more than happy to meet new people.
ANGunicorn777
I'm new!

Post by ANGunicorn777 »

Not sure if y'all are looking for any con goers for AB 2024 but I was planning on going solo this year but would love to go with a friend group. I'm a 27 year old gender fluid food scientist who recently go into cosplaying last year and having looking for more cons to attend this year. I'm planning on cosplaying as Makima and Yor Forger this year 😊
odokom
Veteran Poster

Post by odokom »

I am 41, and looking to make some more friends that are gamers and who are LBGTQA. by the way, I have a spot open at the Hampton inn and suites! if anyone, needs a place to stay. This is the best way to get a hold of me! https://www.facebook.com/william.baker.73 I am Bi/Pan