Perks to Thursday badge pickup

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
renstoopid
I'm new!

Perks to Thursday badge pickup

Post by renstoopid »

I haven’t been since 2015. I forget the process exactly so bear with me.

If I pick up my badge on Thursday, will I have to wait in the hour plus line on Friday or is there a separate method of entrance for people that already have their badges?

Thanks
Sayoria
AB Staff

Re: Perks to Thursday badge pickup

Post by Sayoria »

Since 2008, the staff has been very, very mindful of line times. I honestly don't know the last time I had to wait for my badge. It's been far, far too many years (even before Covid) .....

If it is anything like the last Thursdays, you'll walk into a mostly empty room, probably show your covid vaccination proof, then go to the booth and get your lanyard and bag, and be out in probably 5-10 minutes max.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Anna-neko
AB Alumni

Post by Anna-neko »

renstoopid wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:40 pm If I pick up my badge on Thursday, will I have to wait in the hour plus line on Friday or is there a separate method of entrance for people that already have their badges?
sorry, do u mean the line to get into the convention itself on Friday?
The badge pickup is in the Sheraton, not the Hynes itself - lines for getting into there depend on how quickly security is moving people along
Maid Cafe - '18, '19, '22

why, yes, I have been goin to this con since day 1. Wanna brain-break on the age math?
JosephW
Veteran Poster

Post by JosephW »

I decided to see what badge pickup lines would be Friday morning when I went to the 2019 con. There were barely any lines, only took me a couple minutes to get my badge.
AB 2018: Nick Wilde
AB 2019: Haida (Fri) / Inkling Boy (Sat)
AB 2022: Nick Wilde (Zootopia)