COVID Policy Update Anime Boston 2022

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
Kalyoth
Determined Poster

Re: COVID Policy Update Anime Boston 2022

Post by Kalyoth »

Nemra wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:38 pm
TeaMan89 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:10 pm In regards to the policy, it mentions proper face coverings will be checked. Is there list on AB’ end of what is considered an approved face covering? (Besides the obvious ones, would a cloth mask with an adequate filter insert count as approved?
no list but we are following CDC guidelines on proper masking.
Nemra my friend - there may need to be some consideration granted to revising the mask guidelines for AB addressing the types of masks not permitted, that the security will actually be knowingly disallowing - such as Gaiters - whose use has been medically heavily discouraged as unsafe over the past 2 years in previous guidelines. It might help to avoid conflict situations. Also, will there be active policing for the new bad behavior meme of "Chin Diaper" or be replacement masks made available by AB for those that come with inappropriate fitted masks on the sides / broken masks etc. ?
"You mustn't let mistakes weigh you down. Acknowledge them and take what you've learned to move on. That is the privilege of being a man."

Full Frontal - Gundam Unicorn
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

noted. We'll be adding a link shortly to the policies with the CDC recommendations that I provided in the previous post.

and yes, we will be providing replacement masks on site in cases of masks breaking but encourage and recommend everyone to bring extras of their own and keep them nearby. We only have them while supplies last, as it were.

This isn't towards you Kalyoth so disregard my next comment. I already deleted one comment. Unless you have a question, please do not post on what you think may or may not happen. We've already given this warning several times now.

We're asking people to use their common sense when masking. Chances are, if it worked for the places you've been to for the past two years, it'll work for our show too unless it's something egregious.
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

Forestguardian
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Forestguardian »

since the con is in a month, are we able to use a state based app/ scanned photo of our Vax card? or would the staff prefer us to have the physical vax/ paper record?

im working on getting a new covid card after i accidentally met a bad fate with my 10 year old wallet and my original vax card :shock:
Pronouns: They/ Them

If you have any questions about the meet/ shoot don’t hesitate to dm me on my social media
Pokemon Meet discord!!: https://discord.gg/GFXQyjpuNu
Facebook Event Link!!: https://fb.me/e/3gD9dVSdt

🔥Instagram: https://instagram.com/forestguardian_x? ... =copy_link
💦Twitter: https://twitter.com/for3st_xx?s=21&t=t- ... hIoZa4qSEg
🍃Discord: Forest#0177 (please dm who you are)

Cosplays: Emmet, (Secret), maybe Karamatsu????
suza
AB Executive

Post by suza »

Yes, your state’s app or a scan/photo of your vaccination card (provided that all the info is visible and legible) is accepted.

Good luck with replacing your wallet- hopefully everything else that was in it is salvageable!
Elisa Arteche
Anime Boston 2024 Director of Registration
Registration Staff 2008-2023
giovanni_team_rocket_uk

Post by giovanni_team_rocket_uk »

Hi guys,

Just to add my own thoughts on this.

I unforuntaly won't be able to come to AB this year. I will try my darn hardest to come to AB in 2023

By then, i hope Covid will be further diminished.

No matter what, rules or not, i will be wearing my mask at all times while in the con building. I think it's a sensible precaution and to try to protect myself and others as much as possible. Yes, i'm fully vaccinated.

That is all...and thanks ^^
Ariandante
Experienced Poster

Post by Ariandante »

Forestguardian wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:54 am since the con is in a month, are we able to use a state based app/ scanned photo of our Vax card? or would the staff prefer us to have the physical vax/ paper record?

im working on getting a new covid card after i accidentally met a bad fate with my 10 year old wallet and my original vax card :shock:
How do you actually go about getting a replacement CDC white card? Mine's falling apart - I have the digital card linked to the wallet app on my iPhone but I prefer having a physical copy regardless.
ah-reh-en-DAHN-tay...
or Kristen... (she/her/hers)
------
AB 2024 Tentative...
Yukako Yamagishi (JJBA DiU), Kagome (Inuyasha), Bunnygirl Haruhi (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)

2022 - Yor Forger (Spy x Family)
2023 - Ameri Azazel (Marimashita Iruma-kun!), Lady Rengoku (Kimetsu no Yaiba)

------
As radiant dawn vanquishes morning dew,
I shall transcend once more as I arise, and begin anew.
-Mirai Chiara
Senshi2021
I'm new!

Post by Senshi2021 »

My card had water damage and I went to the Walmart I got my shots from and asked if they could rewrite one for me and they did.
I hope that helps a little.
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

Ariandante wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 1:31 pm
Forestguardian wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:54 am since the con is in a month, are we able to use a state based app/ scanned photo of our Vax card? or would the staff prefer us to have the physical vax/ paper record?

How do you actually go about getting a replacement CDC white card? Mine's falling apart - I have the digital card linked to the wallet app on my iPhone but I prefer having a physical copy regardless.
If you can go to the location you got your vaccine shots at, they should be able to re-issue you a new card. It'd be best to contact them ahead of time via phone or website to confirm before you make the trip.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
waynoinsano
Determined Poster

Post by waynoinsano »

Still no booster needed? This was the last statement on it viewtopic.php?p=308650#p308650. It's less than 2 weeks so even if you got one today it would be too late.
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

correct.
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

The most updated booster would be a harsh demand. I just had mine done with week at the BMC and almost didn't even get it because they are still not open to giving the next booster to all yet. They are looking for people over 50 with one or more risks. I only got it because of a little technicality on what they constitutionalized there as 'risks'.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
waynoinsano
Determined Poster

Post by waynoinsano »

Nemra wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:38 pmcorrect.
Thanks for quick reply. Was getting lots of question on fb about them.
NaraHale
Experienced Poster

Post by NaraHale »

I come from a state that does not have an app (Florida) and I got my Vax at Walgreen's, so they used a different card than the CDC one. It's still a valid card, but will i have a problem?

I also have a virtual vaccine card on the CLEAR app from when i went to New York ComiC con last year. Is that okay?
--------------------------------------------------------
Anime Boston 2022 Tentative Lineup
Fem!Joe (sk8 the infinity) - Friday
Lady Love Dies (Paradise Killer) - Saturday
Sango (InuYasha) - Sunday
Backups:
Sonia (Pokémon)
Nobara Kugisaki (Jujutsu Kaisen)
Bakubabe (My Hero Academia Original Costume)
suza
AB Executive

Post by suza »

Hi! Yes, the CLEAR app will be the best form since we will have the verifier app on our devices to check and validate it. But we can also use the one issued to you by Walgreen's.
Elisa Arteche
Penti
Experienced Poster

Post by Penti »

If I have my vaccine card in my Apple Wallet, will that work, or should I have a picture of the physical card just in case as a backup? The card's too big to fit in my physical wallet, so I'd rather not drag it around and risk losing it
suza
AB Executive

Post by suza »

The card from your Apple wallet will work but it wouldn't hurt to have a picture too just in case!
Elisa Arteche
L0serc4txx

Post by L0serc4txx »

Hiiii I’m 17, by the cdc’s definition I’m fully vaccinated (full series of primary shots) but I’m not boosted. Am I ok?
slayy
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

yup
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

JosephW
Veteran Poster

Post by JosephW »

Quick question- I'm a Rhode Island resident and since I got my vaccine pretty early (March 2021), I don't have any kind of digital proof of vaccination, only the white card they gave me at the place I got it (CVS)

I also got the booster in Jan 2022, and they gave me a "lot number" to put on my card.

Is that good enough, or do I need something digital?

Furthermore, do I need to bring the physical card itself, or will a clear photo of it be enough? Or a photocopy? Would rather not risk losing the only physical proof of vaccination that I have.
AB 2018: Nick Wilde
AB 2019: Haida (Fri) / Inkling Boy (Sat)
AB 2022: Nick Wilde (Zootopia)
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

JosephW wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:11 pm Quick question- I'm a Rhode Island resident and since I got my vaccine pretty early (March 2021), I don't have any kind of digital proof of vaccination, only the white card they gave me at the place I got it (CVS)

I also got the booster in Jan 2022, and they gave me a "lot number" to put on my card.

Is that good enough, or do I need something digital?

Furthermore, do I need to bring the physical card itself, or will a clear photo of it be enough? Or a photocopy? Would rather not risk losing the only physical proof of vaccination that I have.
The physical card or a photo of the card will do just fine
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

ssockie
I'm new!

Post by ssockie »

JosephW wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:11 pm Quick question- I'm a Rhode Island resident and since I got my vaccine pretty early (March 2021), I don't have any kind of digital proof of vaccination, only the white card they gave me at the place I got it (CVS)

You can download the 401Health app published by RI Dept of health (available iOS and android) and follow the instructions to get access to a digital vaccine card with at code. You can also print your vaccine information at health.Ri.gov