Incoming Blue Line Changes

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
Kalyoth
Determined Poster

Incoming Blue Line Changes

Post by Kalyoth »

Just in Case you come this direction: https://boston.cbslocal.com/2022/04/25/ ... t-heights/
"You mustn't let mistakes weigh you down. Acknowledge them and take what you've learned to move on. That is the privilege of being a man."

Full Frontal - Gundam Unicorn
Kanechan
Expert Poster

Re: Incoming Blue Line Changes

Post by Kanechan »

Yeah, I saw that on the T website last week. Fairly inconvenient that they should be doing it during the con, but the work has to be done sooner or later. The timing stinks, but there's nothing more to be done about that. It only means that I'll have to get up earlier than I expected, to get going in the morning, if only because I have to account for the rates of shuttle bus travels between the stations. (It's far worse for me in terms of two concerts I have in town before the con--the timing may force me to pay more for parking at Wonderland than I want to, when I return from the shows.)
Klein bottle for rent; inquire within.
Ariandante
Experienced Poster

Post by Ariandante »

Kanechan wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:23 pm Yeah, I saw that on the T website last week. Fairly inconvenient that they should be doing it during the con, but the work has to be done sooner or later. The timing stinks, but there's nothing more to be done about that. It only means that I'll have to get up earlier than I expected, to get going in the morning, if only because I have to account for the rates of shuttle bus travels between the stations. (It's far worse for me in terms of two concerts I have in town before the con--the timing may force me to pay more for parking at Wonderland than I want to, when I return from the shows.)
Not sure where you're originating from, but what about taking the Commuter Rail from Lynn? $2 a day to park there and direct ride to North Station, no shuttle bus.
ah-reh-en-DAHN-tay...
or Kristen... (she/her/hers)
------
AB 2024 Tentative...
Yukako Yamagishi (JJBA DiU), Kagome (Inuyasha), Bunnygirl Haruhi (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)

2022 - Yor Forger (Spy x Family)
2023 - Ameri Azazel (Marimashita Iruma-kun!), Lady Rengoku (Kimetsu no Yaiba)

------
As radiant dawn vanquishes morning dew,
I shall transcend once more as I arise, and begin anew.
-Mirai Chiara
Kanechan
Expert Poster

Post by Kanechan »

Can't really take commuter rail, and certainly not from Lynn, partly because I can't afford the extra cost of the fares, and partly because I have to go by their timetable. (And from what I've read on the MBTA site, the Lynn stop is going to get renovations soon.) Besides, I still have to pay for parking one way or another (and weekday parking, done via the PayByPhone app, is $7.00, whereas weekend parking is $2.00 for a single day at a time), and at least with the subway I have a generally set routine. I'm not as worried about parking for the con as I am for the concerts I'm attending this month, although by now I've already been to one show and have one more coming up. I come in from Salem when I take the T, but I drive to Wonderland Station to do that. I'll be okay with the situation on the Blue Line, just as long as I know what's happening when.
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

I should have posted this earlier but as far as I know, this change has been postponed until further notice due to the current project (Airport to Bowdoin) being delayed.
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; 2011-2019, 2022

2023 Anime Boston Stats Debating

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked
Kanechan
Expert Poster

Post by Kanechan »

Looks like they're moving ahead with the Suffolk Downs bridge project. Just saw, on the T site, that they'll start on the 22nd and go until June 8th. So nothing much about the reconstruction has changed, except the start and end dates.