Places to Eat Map Updated?

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Kalyoth
Determined Poster

Places to Eat Map Updated?

Post by Kalyoth »

Hi - just checking on if the places to dine map under the location tab on the main page has been recently (last 3 months) updated? I noticed it was remarked as a made item vs. a live results item & was concerned since at least one of the places listed is now no longer there Au Bon Pain. Thanks!
"You mustn't let mistakes weigh you down. Acknowledge them and take what you've learned to move on. That is the privilege of being a man."

Full Frontal - Gundam Unicorn
Sayoria
AB Staff

Re: Places to Eat Map Updated?

Post by Sayoria »

I see Pink Berry, Whiskey's, Max Brenner, The Pour House, Au Bon Pain, Crazy Dough's Pizza, 5 Napkin Burger, Uno, and a lot of others on the map that have since closed down, many over a year or two ago, so sadly, it isn't up to date.

I walk around Back Bay on a bi-weekly basis and will say that there's a new Pressed Cafe where 5 Napkin used to be. I expect this place to be a crazy hot-spot during the con, since the food here is far more affordable with lots of variety. There's a Clover (where the Au Bon Pain once was) and a Sweetgreen just outside the Pru/Hynes entrance.The Dunkin Donuts, Ben and Jerry's, Wagamama, California Pizza Kitchen, Cheesecake Factory, and Legal Seafoods (In the Simon's Mall) are all still there. Not sure if Dig Inn or those other places in the corner across from Wagamama are still in business though. If you have an expendable amount of money, there's always Earl's or Eddie V's.

I can also say that while the Pru is losing a lot of food places, Newbury Street appears to be opening up as the new hit place for food. There's quite a lot of restaurants from ethnic backgrounds over there (There's a Greek Restaurant, Izakaya, Ramen Shop, Mexican, Taiwanese, and other ethnic options now.... heck, one place I was able to try a Halo Halo).

Additionally, I'd like to remind people that there are some options on the other side of the Simon's Mall by Back Bay Station, such as Douzo, Salty Pig, Tasty Burger, and more.

I will say, I deeply miss the food court we used to have before the Eataly just ate the whole entire location to open an overly-expensive market, but there are still food options out there. More variety, but also more walking distance.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Lamron
AB Staff

Post by Lamron »

Sayoria wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:40 pm There's a Clover (where the Au Bon Pain once was) and a Sweetgreen just outside the Pru/Hynes entrance.The Dunkin Donuts, Ben and Jerry's, Wagamama, California Pizza Kitchen, Cheesecake Factory, and Legal Seafoods (In the Simon's Mall) are all still there. Not sure if Dig Inn or those other places in the corner across from Wagamama are still in business though. If you have an expendable amount of money, there's always Earl's or Eddie V's.

I will say, I deeply miss the food court we used to have before the Eataly just ate the whole entire location to open an overly-expensive market, but there are still food options out there. More variety, but also more walking distance.
Is Calfornia Pizza Kitchen the stand that is in the hall between the Hines and Cheesecake? If it is I don't think it's still there. The place looks deserted (no signs, or equipment)

I also miss the food court.
Ray DeArville

Event photo staff 2022 - 2024

Event photo staff 2020 - 2021

Past ABs 05 - 10, 13 - 19
Kagomechan
AB Staff

Post by Kagomechan »

Lamron wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:45 pm
Sayoria wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:40 pm There's a Clover (where the Au Bon Pain once was) and a Sweetgreen just outside the Pru/Hynes entrance. The Dunkin Donuts, Ben and Jerry's, Wagamama, California Pizza Kitchen, Cheesecake Factory, and Legal Seafoods (In the Simon's Mall) are all still there. Not sure if Dig Inn or those other places in the corner across from Wagamama are still in business though. If you have an expendable amount of money, there's always Earl's or Eddie V's.

Is California Pizza Kitchen the stand that is in the hall between the Hines and Cheesecake? If it is I don't think it's still there. The place looks deserted (no signs, or equipment)

I also miss the food court.
That was Crazy Dough's. CPK is over by the foot bridge to the Marriott. It is still open.

Pressed is good. I found out on Monday they will be doing some anime themed stuff for our event. :)

Dig Inn and Anna's Taqueria are still open. Num Pang shut down.

You can see the list of restaurants here: https://www.prudentialcenter.com/eat/directory/
Mary Kaplan
Staff Resource Manager for Anime Boston 2013-2024
Director of Operations for Anime Boston 2006-2012
Secretary 2004-2005
Information Desk Manager 2003-2005
Lamron
AB Staff

Post by Lamron »

Kagomechan wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:53 pm

That was Crazy Dough's.
I never knew the name, that's why I wasn't sure.
Ray DeArville

Event photo staff 2022 - 2024

Event photo staff 2020 - 2021

Past ABs 05 - 10, 13 - 19
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Kagomechan wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:53 pm Pressed is good. I found out on Monday they will be doing some anime themed stuff for our event. :)
Oh, no kidding? They are going to be even a bigger hit then. I already know they will be getting a lot of business that weekend. This is really awesome. I wonder what this entails.

And yeah, Crazy Dough was the place shut down. I just didn't know about the Dig Inn/Anna's/Nam area since I never look into that corner of the mall. But thank you Kagome for the update on that one.

I think everything else I said was pretty spot-on to expect for food options still open and now closed.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024