My Hero Academia meetup (2019)

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2019.

Moderators: Nyuu, MandaTifa

Thatanimecosplayer
I'm new!

My Hero Academia meetup (2019)

Post by Thatanimecosplayer »

I will be hosting a my hero meetup Saturday
I will have other things updated while we draw close
Also if you have Facebook search my hero meetup for ab you will most likely find it
Also if u want to talk to me personally
Text me on Instagram: that_anime_cosplayer
^₩^
Ciaobirdie
Expert Poster

Re: My hero meetup(2019)

Post by Ciaobirdie »

I'm not sure which day yet, but I'm part of a huge (16-person) My Hero group. If we do it on Saturday I'll make sure to tell people to stop by your meetup :)
"We all got a chicken-duck-woman-thing waiting for us."
Jjjmartin
I'm new!

Post by Jjjmartin »

Were not sure who's doing what yet but I am coming as denki kaminari on either Friday and part of Saturday so will try and make it to the meeting up
sunflower_king
Expert Poster

Post by sunflower_king »

EDIT #2: Present Mic got into the Masquerade so I'll be him in the afternoon, but I am no longer bringing Endeavor to Anime Boston so I will not have a BnHA cosplay for the morning.
Last edited by sunflower_king on Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 '18 '19 '22 and soon '23
My 2023 AB Lineup:
Friday AM: TBD
Friday PM: TBD
Saturday AM:TBD
Saturday PM: TBD
Sunday: TBD
Quillykins
Experienced Poster

Post by Quillykins »

Awe. I'll be true form All Might (in his red suit "silver age suit") on Friday only.
Anime Boston 2019 Cosplay Plans:

Friday: All Might (True Form! In Silver Age Suit) [My Hero Academia]
Saturday: K/DA Kai'sa [League of Legends]
Sunday: WALL-E [WALL-E]
coffeecake
Veteran Poster

Post by coffeecake »

Going as Inko Midoriya on Saturday. Gonna have a lil surprise for any BNHA cosplayers I come across :3
Anime Boston 2024:
Forest Minish (Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap)
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

I'll be Deku at some point during the weekend and I think my friend might be Todoroki.
Last edited by MomoMiraculous on Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
VanillaBunny
Veteran Poster

Post by VanillaBunny »

I plan on wearing my cheer Tsuyu on Sunday, but I'd love to attend the Saturday meet up as her as well! :D
|~~Cosplays for 2018~~|

Note: Days may change as we get closer to the con!

Friday:
Genderbend Todoroki Shoto; MHA/BNHA; All day
Death the Kidd; Soul eater; Formal

Saturday:
Harley Quinn; Animated Series ver.; half day /Todoroki Shoto; half day

Sunday:
Tsuyu Asui; cheer uniform; All day
DoughritoCosplay
Experienced Poster

Post by DoughritoCosplay »

@OP: are you intending to host a meetup for any of the other days? My lineup is up in the air at the moment but a friend and I were intending to wear something BNHA Friday since we're hosting the Voltron event on Saturday.
We're both seasoned meetup hosts though and would love to step in and host one Friday if that's not in your intentions. (:
2020 Lineup
Thurs PM: Uzumaki Naruto
Fri: TBD
Sat: TBD
Sun: TBD
ArianaXaia
Expert Poster

Post by ArianaXaia »

I'm not sure what my lineup will be quite yet, but I am probably gonna be cosplaying either Fantasy Todoroki or Nana Shimura at one point during the con, so I'll try to go!
AB 2022 Potential Plans:
Childe (Genshin Impact)
Lumine (Genshin Impact)
Mami Tomoe (Madoka)
Maya (Revue Starlight)
queenlucymorningstar
I'm new!

Post by queenlucymorningstar »

I'd love to! I don't have my lineup out yet but I was planning on being a character from My Hero! I started following u on Instagram, so I'll stay posted :)
Victablook
Expert Poster

Post by Victablook »

i'm planning to go tamaki's hero suit but unsure what day i'll do it. i'll go to the meetup if the day i wear him lands on that day.
2024:
tails (sonic)
ryuk (death note)
Joey
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Joey »

I'm unsure as to what my lineup will be for the entire weekend, but at some point I'll be cosplaying as Midoriya Izuku, my sister will also be Todoroki Shouto and we're hoping to have one more person be Yaoyorozu Momo if all works out.
Attendee since 2012

Instagram: @ like_aholy

AB 2019:
-lineup in progress-
Angelanimecosplay

Post by Angelanimecosplay »

I'm planning on going as casual Todoroki on Friday, because Saturday I'm doing stay close to me Viktor from Yuri on ice, but if anyone wants to meet up friday. I'd be down to take some photos.
MechaHeretic
Experienced Poster

Post by MechaHeretic »

I definitely want to go as All For One if I can get the helmet together. I tried to set it up for Rhode Island Comic Con but didn't have the time. Definitely hoping I can get a good look for the helmet down by the con next year. Any suggestions for how I should go about it? It's mostly the collar piece shape that is giving me trouble, I figured out how I'd do the face and the tubes
knightofstars.cos

Post by knightofstars.cos »

DoughritoCosplay wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:35 pm @OP: are you intending to host a meetup for any of the other days? My lineup is up in the air at the moment but a friend and I were intending to wear something BNHA Friday since we're hosting the Voltron event on Saturday.
We're both seasoned meetup hosts though and would love to step in and host one Friday if that's not in your intentions. (:
lmk if you're planning to host a meetup on friday because four other friends as well as myself would love to drop by!
DoughritoCosplay
Experienced Poster

Post by DoughritoCosplay »

dashofmagic wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:52 pm
DoughritoCosplay wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:35 pm @OP: are you intending to host a meetup for any of the other days? My lineup is up in the air at the moment but a friend and I were intending to wear something BNHA Friday since we're hosting the Voltron event on Saturday.
lmk if you're planning to host a meetup on friday because four other friends as well as myself would love to drop by!
It wasn't 100% in the works but... I just might? OP hasn't responded and I'd love to at least attend something BNHA for Friday. I'll chat with my cohost and work on it. If we decide to step up, I'll post here. (:
2020 Lineup
Thurs PM: Uzumaki Naruto
Fri: TBD
Sat: TBD
Sun: TBD
adachiloversanonymous

Post by adachiloversanonymous »

I'm planning to do a Maid Midoriya cosplay so if there is a meetup/photoshoot thing I will defiantly come!!
resressrs

Post by resressrs »

I will most likely be cosplaying someone from class 1b but don't know who yet on Saturday :) I might be Aoyama on Friday however
knightofstars.cos

DoughritoCosplay wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:29 pm
dashofmagic wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:52 pm
It wasn't 100% in the works but... I just might? OP hasn't responded and I'd love to at least attend something BNHA for Friday. I'll chat with my cohost and work on it. If we decide to step up, I'll post here. (:
Thanks for replying! I really appreciate it. Ik we're all excited but if it doesn't work out con will still be great, but I appreciate your effort so thanks a bunch! (:
CK Turquoise
I'm new!

Post by CK Turquoise »

I'll gladly come as Deku! ^u^
Comic Con Rhode Island 2017: Oikawa Tooru
AB 2018: Hideri Kanzaki
New to cosplaying & willing to make new friends!
Find me on Instagram @Turquoise.Knight
AB 2019 LineUp:
Deku/Midoriya
CosplayPrincess2013
Experienced Poster

Post by CosplayPrincess2013 »

Hi There!

I have just started watching My Hero Academia and I can honestly say that I absolutely love it! My friends and I are thinking about maybe doing the gym uniforms of Momo, Shoto and Gravity Girl. We aren''t exactly sure if we can make this happen but if by some miracle we can, this is our plan. If I do Gravity Girl it would be probably on Thursday or Sunday to be more comfortable.
Angelanimecosplay

I'm hosting a meetup on Friday, only because on Saturday I'm hosting another meetup for Yuri on ice. I'll be casual Todoroki and the meetup is planned for late afternoon early evening for anyone interested. I'll post more details later.
Kurshinara
I'm new!

Post by Kurshinara »

Can't wait for any of the meet ups for this group. So far for the weekend (but mostly Friday) we'll have: Aizawa, Midoriya, Hatsume & Jiro.
knightofstars.cos

Angelanimecosplay wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:11 am I'm hosting a meetup on Friday, only because on Saturday I'm hosting another meetup for Yuri on ice. I'll be casual Todoroki and the meetup is planned for late afternoon early evening for anyone interested. I'll post more details later.
Are you going to be posting details here or on anther thread?
Quillykins
Experienced Poster

Post by Quillykins »

dashofmagic wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:25 pm
Angelanimecosplay wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:11 am I'm hosting a meetup on Friday, only because on Saturday I'm hosting another meetup for Yuri on ice. I'll be casual Todoroki and the meetup is planned for late afternoon early evening for anyone interested. I'll post more details later.
^ same.
I would love to go since I have another cosplay planned for Saturday!
Anime Boston 2019 Cosplay Plans:

Friday: All Might (True Form! In Silver Age Suit) [My Hero Academia]
Saturday: K/DA Kai'sa [League of Legends]
Sunday: WALL-E [WALL-E]
Gabbalot

Post by Gabbalot »

Yaaay, I'll probably be doing Miruko on Friday, so I hope the big/official photoshoots/meetups end up on that day!

I would do her on Saturday morning, but I might be spending all morning on Saturday trying to get my bodypaint to work for Widowmaker for the OW photoshoot at 2pm that day :cry: . lmao #RIP
AB 2018 Cosplay: Princess Allura (combat suit), Phichit Chulanont (casual)

AB 2019 Cosplay:
Goth!Princess Allura, Bunny Hero Miruko (BNHA), Widowmaker (possibly), Mina (BNHA) (possibly)
Victablook
Expert Poster

Post by Victablook »

Victablook wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:33 pm i'm planning to go tamaki's hero suit but unsure what day i'll do it. i'll go to the meetup if the day i wear him lands on that day.
update: i'll be tamaki in his hero suit all weekend except for evenings, and my boyfriend will be mirio in his hero suit some days! i'll definitely try to make it to the meetup regardless of the day and time.
2024:
tails (sonic)
ryuk (death note)
Angelanimecosplay

Quillykins wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:01 pm
dashofmagic wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:25 pm
^ same.
I would love to go since I have another cosplay planned for Saturday!

I have a facebook group set up if anyone else is interested in a Friday meetup, I was planning on doing Friday at like 3:30 or 4pm and we'd be meeting by the escalators and then moving together as a group to another location, if your interested message me on insta @angelanimecosplay
Swing230
I'm new!

Post by Swing230 »

I'm definitely coming ! I'll be there as Aizawa.
ArianaXaia
Expert Poster

Post by ArianaXaia »

My friends and I are planning to cosplay Neijire, Tamaki, and Nana (I think on saturday???) so if we do well definitely try to swing by!!
AB 2022 Potential Plans:
Childe (Genshin Impact)
Lumine (Genshin Impact)
Mami Tomoe (Madoka)
Maya (Revue Starlight)
scarlettri0t
I'm new!

Post by scarlettri0t »

I'll be going as Kirishima :)
Thatoneanimecosplayer
I'm new!

Offical My hero meetup 2019

Post by Thatoneanimecosplayer »

Hello ladies and gentle and fellow cosplayers and otakus and lovers of this awesome anime

I am here to say i listened to everyone that was asking certain things and stuff

I will be Offically ill be hosting a my hero meetup not only sat but also friday

I'll be making a event page for friday i already have one for sat on facebook if you have any questions just put ur opinions on here
Ficus
AB Staff

Post by Ficus »

[Merged post from the Masquerade/Cosplay subforum to previously created thread. Hope everyone enjoys the meetups]
Ashley Shaffer
Cosplay Gatherings and Photosets Staff- 2024
Ehope
I'm new!

Re: My Hero Academia meetup (2019)

Post by Ehope »

Heyo!
I’ll be cosplaying as Himiko Toga on Saturday probably, and I would love to meet up with some other fellow cosplayers! This is my first cosplay by the way :)
Also, I’m a youngish teen so if anyone else my age sees this please reply?
Kurshinara
I'm new!

Post by Kurshinara »

Ok I see people saying they are making Facebook things for the meet up can we please post the links?? Or at least what it's titled so I may search it on FB? I would hate for my group to miss this meet up. I don't have insta so I can't message anyone for the links :)

Please and thank you
Cave
AB Staff

Post by Cave »

Husband and I will be cosplaying as school uniform versions of Todoroki and Yaoyorozu on Saturday. Not sure if we'll be able to make the photoshoot since we're usually very busy and crunched for time, but anyone can catch us in the karaoke room where we'll be a good amount of the time. :)
Heather Auxier
Karaoke Co-coordinator 2023-2024
Karaoke Staff 2010-2022
Registration Staff 2009
Wolfie Pie
Expert Poster

Post by Wolfie Pie »

I'll be doing a "rock lobster" version of Kirishima at some point during the weekend. Hopefully I can make one of the shoots.
AB congoer since 2006!
Find me on Instagram @pastelcrayfish
AB24 Cosplans:
Genya Shinazugawa (Demon Slayer) Friday+Saturday
Takashi Mitsuya (Tokyo Revengers) Thursday+Sunday
MechaHeretic
Experienced Poster

Post by MechaHeretic »

I'm thrilled for this, I have an All for One costume ready to go for the big shoot on Friday! Really hoping we can get a got a good old League of Villains representation and hoping to find some All Mights for some great fight pics!
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Locking the 2019 gatherings, but please feel free to continue sharing your memories, photos, etc in the memories section!
Brian Magnant
Cosplay Events Assistant Manager 2024
Masquerade Coordinator 2020, 2023
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-19, 2021-2022

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.