Shout-outs

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2018.

Moderators: Nyuu, MandaTifa

royalbakaness
Obsessed Poster

Shout-outs

Post by royalbakaness »

Shout-out to all the staff and volunteers. Everyone I met and interacted with was helpful, friendly, and polite. You guys put on an amazing con!

Shout-out to the Makise and Okabe cosplayers from the Death Match. You guys were so in- character and entertaining. Best Steins;Gate cosplayers I have ever seen!
A swirly ice-cream cone of good and evil
AB 10: Ryo-ohki
AB 11: Touko Amano, Luna in cat form, Ryo-ohki
AB 12: Belarus, Hungary, fem!Canada
AB 13 : Eponine, GLaDOS, Sunako Nakahara
AB 14 : Princess Cadance, GLaDOS, Applejack
AB 15: Makise Kurisu
AB 16: GLaDOS, Steampunk Alice, Scarlet Benoit
AB 17: Ryo-ohki, Rei Hino (school uniform), Sunako Nakahara
AB 18: Cinder (Lunar Chronicles), casual steampunk
Selestyl
Determined Poster

Re: Shout-outs

Post by Selestyl »

Shout out to the person who talked me down from a panic attack at the Final Fantasy photoshoot Saturday! You helped me AND you found my badge! Also shout out to the two people who were protecting it where they found it. I thanked you all in person but it doesn't feel like enough.

Shout out to Kawaiiicosplay! The Gladnis feels were so real and thanks for hanging out with me and taking the picture :)

Shout out to staff! This felt like the smoothest year ever! Bonus shout out to security for being quick, friendly, and reasonable as well.

Aaand shout out to everyone involved in cosplay games! You all work so hard and it makes me so happy to watch your events. I love you all and hope to join you again next year!
2023 Lineup:

Luigi - Luigi’s Mansion
Joker - Persona 5
Barnaby Brooks Jr. - Tiger and Bunny
RayneDeanZ
Expert Poster

Post by RayneDeanZ »

Shout-out to the panelists for “Upping Your Cosplay Game Game” for understanding my question despite me wording it poorly enough that it sounded like it was general. There are a number of you that inspire me to try to enter the games, and your advice for drama is truly going to be taken to heart.

Also, shout-out to everyone who complimented me in my Kiki cosplay. I’m genderfluid and have issues at home that prevent me from being myself all the time, so your kind words meant a ton.
Been coming since 2011

Anime Boston 2017:
Mastermind!Chihiro Fujisaki (Dangan Ronpa)
Makoto Naegi (Dangan Ronpa)

Anime Boston 2018:
Shintaro Kisaragi (Kagerou Project)
Yasuke Matsuda (Dangan Ronpa)
Kiki (Kiki’s Delivery Service)

AB 2019:
Axel (Kingdom Hearts)

AB 2022:
Kazuichi Souda (Danganronpa)

AB 2023:
Kazuichi Souda (Danganronpa)
Anna-neko
AB Alumni

Post by Anna-neko »

shout-outs? OhI got those!

~Maid Cafe!! ♥ all you girls were the cutest fluffiest most adorbs evah and I very much hope the cafe will be back next year! ♥
~dude in maid line on Friday - you gave me a bottle of water, thank you SO MuCH!! Hydrating my frilly self was a literal life saver
~ friday ChibiMoon cosplayer - improv photography mini-lesson FTW! Hope the photos turned out
~ Sixer cosplayer with Dipper (and lil Bill Cypher in their pocket) - heck yeah GF fandom gushing, 12/10 will absolutely fangirl with again
~at least 3 separate people have talked lolita fashion with. The brand is Haenuli, plz go look. Your outfits this day were lovely, can't wait to see what next year will bring!
~ AB staff, especially peeps in VHQ & Security - A-frellin-plus!! raisin' that bar high!
~ Eli & Kotori with the scouting box - ahhhh yes, UR Rin, best pull
Last edited by Anna-neko on Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maid Cafe - '18, '19, '22

why, yes, I have been goin to this con since day 1. Wanna brain-break on the age math?
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Shout out to everyone I played Vs. at Anime Pass the Yen.

I was Autumn. It was very well played and I had a good time. I wish I had more energy for the game but to be honest, my voice was strained and letting out those few yells I did kind of killed. I felt like and still feel like I have hot bubble in the back of my throat and even swallowing hurts, so I tried to keep myself reserved.... which is not even me. I was a lady deadpool one year. I know how to be wild. It just wasn't a good year for me, lol.

But special call out to the girl I said "bye bye" to before I eliminated her. I felt instant guilt after saying that because I felt like an bunghole. That's not really who I am and I apologize. I am happy you came up and to be honest, that question was probably going to get me too if we continued with it. I know nothing about sports.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Rick
Expert Poster

Post by Rick »

madman1502 wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:06 pm
Also, shout-out to everyone who complimented me in my Kiki cosplay. I’m genderfluid and have issues at home that prevent me from being myself all the time, so your kind words meant a ton.
I don't recall seeing you off the top of my head, but shout-out to you for doing that! Especially where I saw you said you were self-conscious about it. That's totally brave and I'm personally proud of you for having the courage to do that, what with your issues at home and all. :3

If you do it again next year, I would absolutely love to get a photo of you if you're okay with it. :)
"I ever tell you about the time my buddy Keith went to Anime Boston?"
avalonknight
Getting the hang of this...

Post by avalonknight »

A shout-out to those who commented or reacted to my Nobu and JAlter plushies. Given I tried to stick to and recreate the Fate/GUDAGUDA art style that Nobu was based on...JAlter was a bit more tricky...as best I could, combined with the jitters that comes with showing them off for the first time, the reactions to them made me smile.
Piplup Plush cosplays
2008-2012: Team Fortress 2 Scout
2013-2014: Fourth Doctor
Fate/Grand Order plush puppets
2018: Jeanne d'Arc Alter and Oda Nobunaga
2019: Jeanne d'Arc Alter, Oda Nobunaga, and Okita Souji
animefan1238
I'm new!

Post by animefan1238 »

Shout out to:
Viga for her idol panels. They were fun and informative. I am now deeper in idol heck because of you. No regretts.

The History of Love Live panel and the dignified shouting of who is best girl from SIP and Sunshine. Disagreeing with people has never been so much fun. LoL.

The numerous Bob Ross cosplayers. I don't know why he was popular this year but I don't care. Numerous variations and all were great!

The Broadway AMV audience for being theatre fans and singing long to the showtunes.

The girl I talked to at the Discotek booth Sunday and convinced me to buy Kiss Him, Not Me. Started it last night and my wife and I were laughing our butts off.

Finally to all you fellow anime, manga, idol, J-pop, J-rock etc fans. You truly are a fun bunch and never stop liking it becuse other people think you're odd. You are in good company and being a nerd is the best thing in world. Cheers everyone!
TheGlassesGirl
Expert Poster

Post by TheGlassesGirl »

Big shout-outs to:

-The Tuxedo Mask I saw on Friday who gave me a rose after I took your picture!! You made my day!!!
-The Sailor Chibimoon I kept seeing on Saturday when I was dressed as Black Lady, who kept going "Is that....me?" "Is that.....ME?" back and fourth with me-you were awesome and made me laugh so much!!
-My amazing Cosplay Games competitors/fight partners: Yuri from the Death Match, Knight Solaire and Karamatsu from the Lip Sync Battle, and Kanna and Captain Falcon from Chess!!! You guys are great and it was so fun to perform with you!!!
-Everyone involved in the Cosplay Games!!! You were all so sweet and I had so much with all of you!!!
Cosplay Games performer for 6 years and counting!

Anime Boston 2024:
Thursday: Kanamori (Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!)
Friday: Vanitas (The Case Study of Vanitas)
Saturday: Yor Forger (Spy x Family)
Sunday: Rui Kamishiro (Project Sekai)
MistyKristiCosplay
Getting the hang of this...

Post by MistyKristiCosplay »

Shout out to all of those got a picture of me as Popuko in the halls, you were all very kind and absolutely made my con experience the best, also a shout out to all of those at the Haikyuu photoshoot on Friday, you all were so nice and I had the most wonderful time meeting you all!

Shout out to staff and security for being very friendly and polite as always!

Bonus shout out to all of those in the cosplay games, all of you worked so hard and gave some amazing performances!!
Con-Goer since Anime Boston 2013

AB 2024:
???
Luka Megurine (Vocaloid)
Columbina (Genshin Impact)
Serena (Animal Crossing)
Ganyu (Genshin Impact)

IG: @MistyKristiCosplay
Victablook
Expert Poster

Post by Victablook »

shout outs to:

- the three korosenseis we were able to find/meet! (especially the one in cosplay chess-- it was awesome to meet you as eraserhead in deathmatch and find out you were going to be korosensei later) two of you patted both my and my karma's heads and it was so in character, i got really happy.

- the my hero academia group we fought against in death match! the choreography we did was really fun, and rewatching it now, we looked super cool. very blessed you played along with the chip bit before the cheering started.

- the cosplay games staff!! you were all very organized and made the games run smoothly. extra shout-out to the one who refilled my water bottle during death match while they were scrambling around giving other people water!!!! gotta keep everyone hydrated after their hard-fought battles.
Last edited by Victablook on Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
2024:
tails (sonic)
ryuk (death note)
royalbakaness
Obsessed Poster

Post by royalbakaness »

TheGlassesGirl wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:46 pm Big shout-outs to:

-The Tuxedo Mask I saw on Friday who gave me a rose after I took your picture!! You made my day!!!
-The Sailor Chibimoon I kept seeing on Saturday when I was dressed as Black Lady, who kept going "Is that....me?" "Is that.....ME?" back and fourth with me-you were awesome and made me laugh so much!!
-My amazing Cosplay Games competitors/fight partners: Yuri from the Death Match, Knight Solaire and Karamatsu from the Lip Sync Battle, and Kanna and Captain Falcon from Chess!!! You guys are great and it was so fun to perform with you!!!
-Everyone involved in the Cosplay Games!!! You were all so sweet and I had so much with all of you!!!
Were you the Princess Tutu at the Death Match?!?! You were amazing!!! My friend and I were so in awe of your choreography.
A swirly ice-cream cone of good and evil
AB 10: Ryo-ohki
AB 11: Touko Amano, Luna in cat form, Ryo-ohki
AB 12: Belarus, Hungary, fem!Canada
AB 13 : Eponine, GLaDOS, Sunako Nakahara
AB 14 : Princess Cadance, GLaDOS, Applejack
AB 15: Makise Kurisu
AB 16: GLaDOS, Steampunk Alice, Scarlet Benoit
AB 17: Ryo-ohki, Rei Hino (school uniform), Sunako Nakahara
AB 18: Cinder (Lunar Chronicles), casual steampunk
TheGlassesGirl
Expert Poster

Post by TheGlassesGirl »

royalbakaness wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:27 pm
TheGlassesGirl wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:46 pm Big shout-outs to:

Were you the Princess Tutu at the Death Match?!?! You were amazing!!! My friend and I were so in awe of your choreography.
Yes that was me!!! :D Thank you so much!!!
Cosplay Games performer for 6 years and counting!

Anime Boston 2024:
Thursday: Kanamori (Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!)
Friday: Vanitas (The Case Study of Vanitas)
Saturday: Yor Forger (Spy x Family)
Sunday: Rui Kamishiro (Project Sekai)
midnightsiren182
AB Staff

Post by midnightsiren182 »

Lauren Gallo
Programming Ops Staff 2024
Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Post by Kusuguru Usagi »

Shout-out to the Spike Spiegel cosplayer I saw at the Kamishibai panel on the Sunday of the con. You had recognized me afterwards when we were both at Back Bay Station. I had a fun time talking with you, and it was really nice meeting you. Hope you got home safely. See you, Space Cowboy!! :D :D