Revealing Clothing Prohibited

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
xSakuraChu
Getting the hang of this...

Revealing Clothing Prohibited

Post by xSakuraChu »

Hi!
I read the prohibited item list and it says that "revealing/offensive" clothing is prohibited. Can a staff member please elaborate on what is considered too revealing? Considering a fair bit of people, including myself, occasionally cosplay sexy characters, I'd like to know what is and is not allowed, specifically.
Thanks for your time,
xSakuraChu
AB 2014`Yoruichi Shihōin
AB 2015` Uryuu Minene
AB 2016` Syndra, Uryuu Minene, Swag Syndra
AB 2017` Pop Star Janna
AB 2018` OC Water Bender
JosephW
Veteran Poster

Re: Revealing Clothing Prohibited

Post by JosephW »

see: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=22581

I'd say that for "acceptable" clothing, just stay within what you think would be acceptable to wear at an all-ages public beach.

Though really, you'd want to be more worried about being cold in so little clothing, since it's going to be 35-45 degrees outside.
AB 2018: Nick Wilde
AB 2019: Haida (Fri) / Inkling Boy (Sat)
AB 2022: Nick Wilde (Zootopia)
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

As far as revealing clothing goes the general guideline is, could you wear it at a public beach or walk down a city sidewalk in the summer? If so, you'll be okay. If not, you may need to adjust your costume.

Additionally, proper footwear is required at all times.

As stated though, please keep in mind that it can still be cold and/or wet at the end of March and plan accordingly if you may need to go outside.

All that being said, if Anime Boston or Facility staff believe your costume is exposing too much they will ask you to adjust your costume or put on additional clothing.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
xSakuraChu
Getting the hang of this...

Post by xSakuraChu »

Faceman wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:25 am As far as revealing clothing goes the general guideline is, could you wear it at a public beach or walk down a city sidewalk in the summer? If so, you'll be okay. If not, you may need to adjust your costume.

Additionally, proper footwear is required at all times.

As stated though, please keep in mind that it can still be cold and/or wet at the end of March and plan accordingly if you may need to go outside.

All that being said, if Anime Boston or Facility staff believe your costume is exposing too much they will ask you to adjust your costume or put on additional clothing.
Thank you for the response! :)
AB 2014`Yoruichi Shihōin
AB 2015` Uryuu Minene
AB 2016` Syndra, Uryuu Minene, Swag Syndra
AB 2017` Pop Star Janna
AB 2018` OC Water Bender
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

The general rule of thumb the others pointed out is a good reference. Bear in mind also the Air Conditioning is running in the Hynes. Most assume the rules are for outside the Hynes and for nudity concerns but there are health risks most don't take into consideration. Mainly catching cold and bacterial infections. Wearing almost nothing, you have no protection from someone coughing or sneezing next to you in line so...yeah. A compromise I've seen people run with is getting hoodie or blanket though.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

Aurabolt wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:55 pm The general rule of thumb the others pointed out is a good reference. Bear in mind also the Air Conditioning is running in the Hynes. Most assume the rules are for outside the Hynes and for nudity concerns but there are health risks most don't take into consideration. Mainly catching cold and bacterial infections. Wearing almost nothing, you have no protection from someone coughing or sneezing next to you in line so...yeah. A compromise I've seen people run with is getting hoodie or blanket though.
If you want a reference, just think of the Hynes being at around 60F at all times.
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; 2011-2019, 2022

2023 Anime Boston Stats Debating

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked
JosephW
Veteran Poster

Post by JosephW »

Elli21486 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:18 pm If you want a reference, just think of the Hynes being at around 60F at all times.
Ooh. I'm assuming they crank up the AC to keep cosplayers a bit more comfortable? Another con that I attend does that and it's lovely, being in full cosplay and NOT sweating my ass off. :lol:
AB 2018: Nick Wilde
AB 2019: Haida (Fri) / Inkling Boy (Sat)
AB 2022: Nick Wilde (Zootopia)