Crunchyroll Premium Member Perks!

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
vhai
AB Alumni

Crunchyroll Premium Member Perks!

Post by vhai »

Crunchyroll is partnering with Anime Boston in 2016!

If you're a Crunchyroll Premium Member attending Anime Boston, we've got a bunch of perks for you!

- Premium Member convention badge
Receive your Premium Member convention badge at registration after picking up your Anime Boston con badge to receive all these perks!

- Early access to the Exhibit Hall each morning
Get in before the rest of the crowd to get first jump on all the anime items you need in your life.

- Special discount at the Anime Boston merch store

Take $5 off all items in the store when you show your Premium Member badge. This is a 1 time use discount so be sure to get everything you want when you stop by.

- Special gift with purchase at the Crunchyroll booth store

Buy anything from us this weekend and receive a special gift! Premium Members will also get a free Masquerade ticket with any purchase over $20 at the Crunchyroll booth store. There is a limited amount of tickets so be sure to pick them early.

- Premium Members will have special seating available at the following panels:

Crunchyroll Industry Panel
Hall D - Friday @ 4:00 PM

Crunchyroll Simulcast Preview Panel
Panel A - Saturday @ 4:00 PM

Working in the Anime Industry
Panel A - Saturday @ 7:00PM

Studio Trigger First Look: Space Patrol Luluco
Con 1 - Saturday @ 12:30 PM

Morning with Japan - The Kiznaiver World Premiere
Grand Ballroom- Sunday @ 5:30 AM

Pick up your Premium Member convention badge at registration after picking up your con badge to receive all these perks!

Also be sure to pick up your copy of the 2016 Crunchyroll-Hime and Anime Boston mascot poster, available at the Anime Boston merch store and Crunchyroll booth store!
Regina Tayag
Social media staff '16
Manga library staff '14, '15
Volunteer since '08
Rebekahwilpon
I'm new!

Re: Crunchyroll Premium Member Perks!

Post by Rebekahwilpon »

What information will we need to verify we are premium members?
damandav
Getting the hang of this...

Post by damandav »

I second the above question and come with another. Will we be able to bring a guest with us into the dealers room early
evil0108
Experienced Poster

Post by evil0108 »

My question is on thursday if we pick up our badges early do we get the Premium Member convention badge? Also do we need a crunchyroll subscriction for this or no? And if we we are able to get into the dealers room early what time earler would we be able to get in?
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Ditto what they all asked.

I have a premium CR Account and would like an idea of what the verification process will be like.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
damandav

Post by damandav »

evil0108 wrote:My question is on thursday if we pick up our badges early do we get the Premium Member convention badge? Also do we need a crunchyroll subscriction for this or no? And if we we are able to get into the dealers room early what time earler would we be able to get in?
I could be wrong(but I don't think so) The premium convention badge is with a premium crunchyroll membership.

If everyone who picked up their badge early on Thursday was a premium member it would mean nothing
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

when you pick up your con badge, there will be a place to verify if you are a CR premium member or not. Once verified you will get a sticker on your badge as such.

As for DR times, I believe it still opens at the same time but CR premium members will be able to get in first for 15 min. Think of it like the Masq ticket system: those with tickets get in first except it has a time limit attached.
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

Here's a few clarifications for y'all:

-You can pick up your Crunchyroll Premium Member badge (separate from your AB badge) at the Crunchyroll table in Registration. They will be there Thursday as well if you're getting your badge then.

-CR will be handling the Premium Member badges themselves. You may have to log into your account at a kiosk or give the email address associated with your account, depending on how they want to handle it. I do believe it will also be 1 person per Premium account.

-The Crunchyroll Premium Member badge is for CR Premium Members only. You can find out more about their Premium service on their website: http://www.crunchyroll.com/

-You will not be able to share perks with non-CR Premium Members.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
evil0108
Experienced Poster

Post by evil0108 »

Faceman wrote:Here's a few clarifications for y'all:

-You can pick up your Crunchyroll Premium Member badge (separate from your AB badge) at the Crunchyroll table in Registration. They will be there Thursday as well if you're getting your badge then.

-CR will be handling the Premium Member badges themselves. You may have to log into your account at a kiosk or give the email address associated with your account, depending on how they want to handle it. I do believe it will also be 1 person per Premium account.

-The Crunchyroll Premium Member badge is for CR Premium Members only. You can find out more about their Premium service on their website: http://www.crunchyroll.com/

-You will not be able to share perks with non-CR Premium Members.

Okay good to know. Does this apply to getting into the dealers room early or no?
striker923
AB Staff

Post by striker923 »

Only those who have the CR Premium Badge will be able to get into the dealers room early.
Kim Miller Brown
2022 Outreach Manager
6heart6agram6
Expert Poster

Post by 6heart6agram6 »

do you just need the premium membership and not the premium+ one?
striker923
AB Staff

Post by striker923 »

6heart6agram6 wrote:do you just need the premium membership and not the premium+ one?
Either one is considered a premium membership. If you're paying for CR, then you're a premium member. :)
Kim Miller Brown
2022 Outreach Manager
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Post by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 »

so they have my e-mail but i've never signed up for prime, can I still count as a crunchy roll member? (i really didn't uderstand the answer) i mean i've seen the e-mails and such in my e-mail; so if I have an e-mail (even if it's not prime) i still count?

also can you register on Friday and get it? and will that still count for the rest of the weekend?

i'm sorry if that was the same exact question as before i just didn't quite understand the answer
cosplays i have complete:
Rocket Member (myself as a team rocket member)
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho
Magi (aladdin Magnoshetot)

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective
6heart6agram6
Expert Poster

Post by 6heart6agram6 »

striker923 wrote:
6heart6agram6 wrote:do you just need the premium membership and not the premium+ one?
Either one is considered a premium membership. If you're paying for CR, then you're a premium member. :)
thank you :) didnt want to have to pay for the more expensive one
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Old_School_Anime_Lover02 wrote:so they have my e-mail but i've never signed up for prime, can I still count as a crunchy roll member? (i really didn't uderstand the answer) i mean i've seen the e-mails and such in my e-mail; so if I have an e-mail (even if it's not prime) i still count?

also can you register on Friday and get it? and will that still count for the rest of the weekend?

i'm sorry if that was the same exact question as before i just didn't quite understand the answer
You must be a premium or Premium+ Member to get the CR Sticker. I'm sure they will allow you to upgrade or sign up for it o the spot.

I have a Premium Account so presumably I will be asked to log in to my account or provide my email address to verify my premium status, neither of which will be a problem XD
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
naruto88
I'm new!

Post by naruto88 »

Hello
I just signed up for crunchy roll and received the 14 day premium free trial. Will this still allow me to get the badge Thursday?
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

naruto88 wrote:Hello
I just signed up for crunchy roll and received the 14 day premium free trial. Will this still allow me to get the badge Thursday?
If your Crunchyroll account has premium status when you go to the CR kiosk, it will be accepted.
Chris O'Connell

Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

i just messed up my e-mail on the website and i can't change it back, but it thinks its the one im regestered on already, yet i can't seem to varafie that it's me, like i didnt get the e-mail yet eventhough i've clicked it; i got the changed your password e-mail and i did that, but now its not giving me my varavacation e-mail ><;
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective
H. Guderian
Obsessed Poster

Post by H. Guderian »

I haven't used my CR account much, recently, due to being busy. Nice to see its helping me out some other way.
striker923
AB Staff

Post by striker923 »

Old_School_Anime_Lover02 wrote:i just messed up my e-mail on the website and i can't change it back, but it thinks its the one im regestered on already, yet i can't seem to varafie that it's me, like i didnt get the e-mail yet eventhough i've clicked it; i got the changed your password e-mail and i did that, but now its not giving me my varavacation e-mail ><;
Sorry, we can't help with that, you'll have to get in touch with the C-roll.
Kim Miller Brown
2022 Outreach Manager
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

striker923 wrote:
Old_School_Anime_Lover02 wrote:i just messed up my e-mail on the website and i can't change it back, but it thinks its the one im regestered on already, yet i can't seem to varafie that it's me, like i didnt get the e-mail yet eventhough i've clicked it; i got the changed your password e-mail and i did that, but now its not giving me my varavacation e-mail ><;
Sorry, we can't help with that, you'll have to get in touch with the C-roll.
just worked a 6 hour shift i don't feel like spending a nother 4 hours online, i'll just deal with it at the con i'm sure someone can help me at the con

if it weren't a crappy day at work then sure i wouldn't mind but i don't feel like dealing with humans right now
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

the sooner you deal with it now, the faster the line will go for everyone. Please try to have yourself as all set as possible
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Nemra wrote:the sooner you deal with it now, the faster the line will go for everyone. Please try to have yourself as all set as possible
I don't have a premium so you don't have to worry about little old me I just want to get the e-mail thing worked out in person: i feel more comfeterable dealing with a human then a disembodied voice over the phone; they're less likely to hang up on you
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

thats fine, but that is not the place for it. You can try their booth in the dealers room but I highly doubt they're equipped to deal with these types of issues at-con.
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Nemra wrote:thats fine, but that is not the place for it. You can try their booth in the dealers room but I highly doubt they're equipped to deal with these types of issues at-con.
it doesn't seem to be a big issue, i just can't do anything on my old account is all like i'd try to log into it, and it would go strait to that one is that weird or is that just me?
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

Old_School_Anime_Lover02 wrote:
Nemra wrote:thats fine, but that is not the place for it. You can try their booth in the dealers room but I highly doubt they're equipped to deal with these types of issues at-con.
it doesn't seem to be a big issue, i just can't do anything on my old account is all like i'd try to log into it, and it would go strait to that one is that weird or is that just me?
alright how about putting it this way.

They are employees of a company, and there are many different kinds of employees. In order to fix your problem they need access to a database that has information on thousands of people. Only few people in the company will have access to it. The likelihood that someone has access to that information being at-con is pretty slim since it's a customer support job and not an at-con job. In addition, they will need equipment in order to access it. The only equipment they will have is strictly for verifying whether someone is a premium member or not at registration.

In the dealers room, they will be selling merchandise and their equipment will be tailored to that end and not customer support. Simply put, they will not be able to handle this type of request, no matter how simple it may be, at-con. They are simply not equipped for it, it's not those specific employees jobs, and there are more pressing matters on their end during convention time.

now you can go and ask them yourself, and i may be completely wrong with everything i have said so far, but you will save yourself much more time and energy by just doing it before or after con.
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Nemra wrote:
Old_School_Anime_Lover02 wrote:
alright how about putting it this way.

They are employees of a company, and there are many different kinds of employees. In order to fix your problem they need access to a database that has information on thousands of people. Only few people in the company will have access to it. The likelihood that someone has access to that information being at-con is pretty slim since it's a customer support job and not an at-con job. In addition, they will need equipment in order to access it. The only equipment they will have is strictly for verifying whether someone is a premium member or not at registration.

In the dealers room, they will be selling merchandise and their equipment will be tailored to that end and not customer support. Simply put, they will not be able to handle this type of request, no matter how simple it may be, at-con. They are simply not equipped for it, it's not those specific employees jobs, and there are more pressing matters on their end during convention time.

now you can go and ask them yourself, and i may be completely wrong with everything i have said so far, but you will save yourself much more time and energy by just doing it before or after con.
no no you make complete sence, i just don't understand why it's not a simple fix on my end of the spectrome ><; i'm just done with dumb little things like this but i'll simply ignore it; i also don't feel like putting in my credit card information and such since when i tried to get a netflix account, it said i couldn't get one since my card is a pre paid card (something the bank gave me at the start of my job 6 years ago) and i doubt i'd be able to get a cr membership anyway

thank you for answering my question, and sorry i took up your time...
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

Micah
Experienced Poster

Post by Micah »

vhai wrote:Premium Members will also get a free Masquerade ticket with any purchase over $20 at the Crunchyroll booth store.
Is the Masquerade no longer free for anybody to attend? I know there's always been a ticketing system to handle capacity issues, but do we have to pay for those this year or is this just odd wording?
AB 2013
Jake English (.Homestuck.)
AB 2014
Jake English (.Homestuck.)
Mable Pines (.Gravity Falls.)
Rocket Grunt(.Pokemon.)
AB 2015
Mable Pines (.Gravity Falls.)
Rocket Grunt(.Pokemon.)
Faun
AB 2016
Red Robin (.DC.)
Arsenal (.DC.)
Aidan2
AB Executive

Post by Aidan2 »

Micah wrote:
vhai wrote:Premium Members will also get a free Masquerade ticket with any purchase over $20 at the Crunchyroll booth store.
Is the Masquerade no longer free for anybody to attend? I know there's always been a ticketing system to handle capacity issues, but do we have to pay for those this year or is this just odd wording?

Just Odd Wording. It will be Free and ticket distribution will be similar to prior years.
Michael Lee
Director of Technical Operations
Nuno89

Post by Nuno89 »

I know it says "Premium Members will have special seating available at the following panels..." Are we going to be able to cut the line as well or just special seats ? Specially for the The Kiznaiver World Premiere with free breakfast....
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

Nuno89 wrote:I know it says "Premium Members will have special seating available at the following panels..." Are we going to be able to cut the line as well or just special seats ? Specially for the The Kiznaiver World Premiere with free breakfast....
There's not going to be a line cut. It's just that there will be a section of seating reserved for CR Premium Members. Once that section fills up, you'll have to sit in the general seating area.
Chris O'Connell

Max465
Experienced Poster

Post by Max465 »

I'm a little confused here, because a lot of these perks are available for Premium Plus members anyway.

Is this essentially saying it doesn't matter if you're a regular premium member or a plus member? That seems a little unfair to those who paid the extra $5 for a plus membership and this might be the only con they attend.

(Note: I'm not a plus member, I'm just asking for clarification purposes. As maybe I'm missing something)
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

Max465 wrote:I'm a little confused here, because a lot of these perks are available for Premium Plus members anyway.

Is this essentially saying it doesn't matter if you're a regular premium member or a plus member? That seems a little unfair to those who paid the extra $5 for a plus membership and this might be the only con they attend.

(Note: I'm not a plus member, I'm just asking for clarification purposes. As maybe I'm missing something)
It does not matter if you are a Premium or Premium+ Crunchyroll member. As I understand it, there are other benefits Crunchyroll offers Premium+ members with their own usual services.
Chris O'Connell

CrimsonKMR

Post by CrimsonKMR »

striker923 wrote:Only those who have the CR Premium Badge will be able to get into the dealers room early.
Do you know approximately how early? :)
striker923
AB Staff

Post by striker923 »

CrimsonKMR wrote:
striker923 wrote:Only those who have the CR Premium Badge will be able to get into the dealers room early.

Yes, Nabil answered it earlier in this thread:
CR premium members will be able to get in first for 15 min.
Kim Miller Brown
2022 Outreach Manager
Max465
Experienced Poster

Post by Max465 »

vhai wrote:Get in before the rest of the crowd to get first jump on all the anime items you need in your life.
Just a little curious how this is going to work, as from my past experience the Doors to the Dealers room tend to get insanely crowded 10 - 15 minutes before it opens.

I'm thinking more along the lines of say a situation where you open the room 15 minutes early for the CR members, but say a CR member doesn't arrive until 5 minutes before you open would there be a special place they could go to get in early? Will there be like a special line for CR members, or maybe like a "secret" entrance? Would they have to push through the crowd? Would they even be allowed in early at that point?

Edit: Oh another question I have. Does this include every day, or just Friday?
CrimsonKMR

Post by CrimsonKMR »

striker923 wrote:
CrimsonKMR wrote:

Yes, Nabil answered it earlier in this thread:
CR premium members will be able to get in first for 15 min.
Whoops, must have missed that - thanks! :3
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

Max465 wrote:
vhai wrote:Get in before the rest of the crowd to get first jump on all the anime items you need in your life.
Just a little curious how this is going to work, as from my past experience the Doors to the Dealers room tend to get insanely crowded 10 - 15 minutes before it opens.

We'll have a process. Trust us. :)

And yes, every day.
Chris O'Connell

Max465
Experienced Poster

Post by Max465 »

Faceman wrote:
Max465 wrote:

We'll have a process. Trust us. :)

And yes, every day.
Awesome, I just wanted to make sure there was some form of process and not just every man for himself. XD

And it's fine if the details are not 100% sorted out yet, but some heads up on the process would be nice, so we're not completely blind going in.
Erin21
I'm new!

Post by Erin21 »

So I have a quick question; I have a premium membership to CR and saw that we could get into the dealers room early but I'll be with my 13 year old sister -- will she be able to come in with me? :roll: :?:
Max465
Experienced Poster

Post by Max465 »

Erin21 wrote:So I have a quick question; I have a premium membership to CR and saw that we could get into the dealers room early but I'll be with my 13 year old sister -- will she be able to come in with me? :roll: :?:
striker923 wrote:Only those who have the CR Premium Badge will be able to get into the dealers room early."
Unless you trust your sister being by herself for 15 minutes unfortunately you'll have to wait outside with her.

Perhaps you could make an argument that it's a family crunchyroll account and get a special badge for you and your sister, but that's probably a stretch (DON'T quote me on this, I'm not staff and am no way positive you can do this)
ResistNormal

Post by ResistNormal »

So I'm a crunchyroll Premium member but my wife isn't, cause that's silly to have two membership in one house hold. It kinda stinks that I can't take advantage off this because I can't just ditch my wife. Don't know why you couldn't just confirm our address via our ID's. This is a great way to cause relationship problems lol.
aubreyskingdom

Post by aubreyskingdom »

I received a ticket yesterday when I verified my crunchy roll membership at registration. Do I take the ticket to pick up a badge somewhere or is that considered the badge? They were vague during the process.
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

aubreyskingdom wrote:I received a ticket yesterday when I verified my crunchy roll membership at registration. Do I take the ticket to pick up a badge somewhere or is that considered the badge? They were vague during the process.
Please go back to the Crunchyroll area in registration to have it replaced with their badge.
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR