Dance Partner for the Formal Ball

If you need a room or a ride, this would be the place to make a new friend. Please note that this is NOT a place to discuss anime in general. In addition, this is NOT a relationship or solicitation forum, either.
LchNessMnstr
AB Staff

Dance Partner for the Formal Ball

Post by LchNessMnstr »

Hi!
I'm going to the ball alone, and I'm looking for a partner! I'm a girl, I'm going to be wearing the get-up below, plus the mask if you want to try and colour match for a tie or vest but feel free to wear whatever formal wear you think would work ^ ^ I've been told I'm a great dancer, and I pick up on the leader's cues well. I learn fast, and I've taken Argentinian Tango and West Coast Swing lessons. I also know the Waltz decently well, and the basic Foxtrot step. I'm also excited to learn new things!

I'm a little shy, and I'm nervous to be posting to the entire community about it but none of my friends with whom I'm going to the convention are going to the ball. I plan on being at the ball for the whole time, and then going straight to the After Dark Dating Game.

Please feel free to post/send me pictures of your outfit, and ask me any questions! I want to have a nice time at the ball, as it was great last year. I'm not sure how to go about looking for a dancer partner, so I figured this was my best bet :)

Image Image
Amanda Owen
Area Lead Tech H300 2023 - present
Shift Lead (Small 300) Tech 2019 - 2022
Senior Tech 2018
Junior Tech 2016, 2017
Cosplays: Rangiku Matsumoto 2014 - present, Alice in Wonderland 2016 - present, Chise Hatori 2018 - present.
Ugly Bob
Veteran Poster

Re: Dance Partner for the Formal Ball

Post by Ugly Bob »

Argentinian Tango sounds like a lot of fun, so I'd be interested in this.

The only concern is when/where the formal ball actually is this year. (last went when it was in the Sheraton), as I am doing a panel at 8 pm Friday night.

The main appeal this year is my hopes that Yoko Shimomura will play/have her music played during. We'll see what happens as it gets closer.
LchNessMnstr
AB Staff

Post by LchNessMnstr »

It is really fun! I'm not that great of a teacher, but there are the dance lessons earlier in the day so I'm probably going to go to those just to see what everyone else is learning. The ball is the same time as last year; 5 to 9pm on Friday. I'm open to multiple dance partners too! I just don't want to be completely alone ^ ^
Amanda Owen
Senior Tech 2018
Junior Tech 2016, 2017
Cosplays: Rangiku Matsumoto 2014 - present, Alice in Wonderland 2016 - present, Chise Hatori 2018 - present.
Ugly Bob
Veteran Poster

Post by Ugly Bob »

LchNessMnstr wrote:It is really fun! I'm not that great of a teacher, but there are the dance lessons earlier in the day so I'm probably going to go to those just to see what everyone else is learning. The ball is the same time as last year; 5 to 9pm on Friday. I'm open to multiple dance partners too! I just don't want to be completely alone ^ ^
Ah yes, I should have thought to check the main page for info, as it is similar every year. Once the schedule is announced, I'll have a better idea of the best times.
Ugly Bob
Veteran Poster

Post by Ugly Bob »

PM sent
odokom
Veteran Poster

Post by odokom »

was up.LchNessMnstr if you need someone too dance with i don't mind dancing with you
LchNessMnstr
AB Staff

Post by LchNessMnstr »

Sure! I am still looking for partners. Do you know any dances or would you be going to the lessons at AB?
Amanda Owen
Senior Tech 2018
Junior Tech 2016, 2017