Biggest Flaw: Video Games

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2010.
SlAyErPaTh
Dedicated Poster

Post by SlAyErPaTh »

Ok I really have to address this. This is where most of my negative feedback is addressed to. First, the area for Video Gaming, way to open of a space to have an atmosphere of eccentricity for gamers to enjoy and play games, just really a dead space. Second, only one music game operational and even then it was limited and didn't last long, Rock Band screwed up so much with syncing problems and the amount of songs to play really got me peeved and you couldn't even play the DLCs cause of some profile problem. Also what happened to Guitar Hero seriously, I know I'm not the only one complaining about this. And then third for console games, "WHY ONLY FIGHTING GAMES?" I mean there is no variety to play but then again, I did go to PAX East so I could of been over anticipating the amount of gaming use for consoles this year. And finally, what happened to all the tournaments? I mean there was probably some fighting genre tournaments but no excitment at all for anticipation for these tournaments except to those hardcore to the genre. Overall this was a complete downgrade from last year for Video Game Programming from last year and this cannot go unchecked for next year. But I guess it could of been a problem since of PAX East the weekend before but still...Please fix this problem.
cub
Getting the hang of this...

Post by cub »

I usually try not to be a nay sayer but.... I have to agree the video game room has been going down hill for the last 3 years. Now I have to say anime boston is a big event we had what 17,000 + people this year. it's time to use that to anime boston's advantage. Anime boston should be a place to showcase games and anime by now. I have to say that conneticon's game room is 1000 times better than anime bostons. They have over 100 game consoles set up and they partner themselves with gamestop to be able to have a multitude of games to play. Anime boston had fighting games........ and rockband..... and a couple DDR machines. It's pretty pathetic. Where were the big screens from a couple years ago where were the old school game systems, where were any other games except fighting games and oh yeah sorry halo 3. The game room could be soooooo much more and yet it's just kind of an afterthought. If the game room could partner themselves with gamestop and then with best buy to use their open merchandise televisions they could set up booths in the game room to sell games that you could play there and best buy could have a little both set up with digital cameras, memory cards,digital recorders etc. They would benefit from it and so would the congoers that need batteries or lost their camera or decided they needed to have a video recorder cause they were not gonna be without one. Also the sega booth that was in the dealer room should have been with the video games add a couple other companies and put them in the game room and then you will have some good con goer traffic in there. there could be sooo much done with it and yet every year it gets a little bit worse. it's at the point were it's an embarassement and it should almost just be forgotten. but hey that's just my opinion.

if anime boston needs help trying to make this a reality please let me know. I would LOVE to try and make it better.
RyoKazuki

Post by RyoKazuki »

[color:blue]There were more games in the gaming room than just fighting games, DDR, and Rock Band but they were kind of unnoticeable unless you actually looked around. There were a few old games like the Genesis Sonic games, an old SNES, and even a Jaguar (which I was really surprised that it actually worked). Other than DDR and Rock Band, there was also the Taiko game, Pop'n Music, and Beatmania IIDX. Though all these games were available, they went barely unnoticed due to the HUUUUUUUGE amount of resources allocated to fighting games and FPS.

One major complaint I have is with the lack of Pop'n Music on Saturday because they "needed" that TV for Smash. I'm sorry, but Smash had something like 8 TVs whether it was for Melee/Brawl or whatnot. Pop'n Music had only that ONE TV and it was NOT HD for the purpose of eliminating HD lag and thus making the game playable. It was extremely unfair for the only available setup of Pop'n Music (which was somewhat popular for a game that only one person plays at a time) to be taken down to add that TV to Smash. I'm done with my ranting for now though. All in all, I think the game room wasn't bad but definitely didn't utilize the full potential that it had.[/color]
Shadow
Veteran Poster

Post by Shadow »

The biggest issue I have with the gaming room is the "player-made rules" that EVERYONE imposes on each other. Worst offender: Smash Bros.
Come on people, there are other maps than Final Destination
RyoKazuki

Post by RyoKazuki »

[color:blue]Yeah, the tournament rules are really annoying and take out a lot of the fun of the game. Perhaps they could designate certain TVs for tournament style and other TVs as casual style when it comes to the fighting games. That way new players and casual players can enjoy themselves without having to conform to the tournament players and getting their ass handed to them with absolutely no chance of getting in even one kill.[/color]
Shadow
Veteran Poster

Post by Shadow »

Mmhmm.
And it was disappointing, and surprising, that NOBODY knew how to play Arcana Heart -_-