Favorite AB Moments

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2009.
Aviflora
Determined Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by Aviflora »

Hey! Let's hear your favorite times back at Anime Boston 2009!

I have to say, my favorite one is meeting Kalafina. I wasn't even supposed to! I walked by just as they were closing up, and even though the staff denied me, the sweet Japanese lady came up to me and took me in. I met Kalafina and Yuki Kajiura with absolutely no rush, and we all had a pretty long conversation about my outfit and how I made it. They even called me cute!

Yep, that was pretty much the happiest moment of my life, let alone Anime Boston. <3
AB '07 - Myself <3
AB '08 - Orihime Inoue [Bleach]
AB '09 - Miwako Sakurada [Paradise KISS]
AB '10 - Did not attend :C
AB '11 - Myself
AB '12 - Summoner Yuna [FFX]
AB '13 - Summoner Yuna [FFX]
AB '14 - Summoner Yuna [FFX]

AB '15 - Ruby Rose [RWBY]
AB '16 - Ruby Rose [RWBY]
AB '17 - Season 4 Ruby Rose [RWBY],
Yennefer [Witcher 3]
AdmiralDS
Getting the hang of this...

Favorite AB Moments

Post by AdmiralDS »

The dance *coughravecough*.

That was a lot of fun and the music wasn't at all bad - only thing missing was Sandstorm.
Oh, and, meeting some girl named like Toshi but that's all I can remember of it :S.
Versipellis
Experienced Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by Versipellis »

I loved everything, but my favorite part had to be the Hetalia photoshoots. Everyone was so awesome and I loved hanging out with you guys! You made my con!

(I was Greece, by the way ^^)
MooeyDooey
Veteran Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by MooeyDooey »

[quote=Versipellis]I loved everything, but my favorite part had to be the Hetalia photoshoots. Everyone was so awesome and I loved hanging out with you guys! You made my con!

(I was Greece, by the way ^^)[/quote]

[color:black]I must agree with you on that one. - 3 -

For you see, I was the Prussia cosplayer. The one stealing random people at points and probably laughing VERY VERY loudly , as loud as I could. xD

The photoshoots REALLY made my convention quite epic. If I wasn't at those photoshoots the con would not have been quite as awesome. xD

Everyone was so nice.... we all had so much fun and I got to meet so many wonderful people... even if I was trying my hardest to be constantly in character I know I would still have such a good time talking to everyone even when out of character!

THANKS HETALIA PHOTOSHOOT FOR MAKING ANIME BOSTON FOR ME COMPLEATLY.........

[color:red]***AWESOME***[/color]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

xP [/color]
chaoticpeace
Veteran Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by chaoticpeace »

camrallden parade!
AnnabelleKitten

Favorite AB Moments

Post by AnnabelleKitten »

Definetely the dance *coughravecough* <-- why won't they let you spell it out without it turning into "dance"?

I had sooo much fun at that x3 Amazing music, and amazing people.
Zenoah
Experienced Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by Zenoah »

The dance in the dealer's room with the Assasin and Kite. Did anyone get the dance portion of the dance on video? I've seen the Caramelldansen part afterwards on youtube already.
RC
Veteran Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by RC »

One particularly favorite moment for me was when a Winrey came over, I backed against the wall... and she forgave me and then hit Edward over the head with a wrench.

"Give me a qhost anyday.."
hooyeah
Experienced Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by hooyeah »

hehe i chased some kid who was a bleach char trying to kill all shinigami people.i chased him accross the video game room i think on sat for trying to kill me.
paintman
AB Alumni

Favorite AB Moments

Post by paintman »

A dealer explained that the sole function of everything at his booth was to make you look more kawaii, he sold many items very quickly after that
Tim Bickford
-Masquerade Staff
Shinden
Veteran Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by Shinden »

[quote=paintman]A dealer explained that the sole function of everything at his booth was to make you look more kawaii, he sold many items very quickly after that[/quote]
HAHA wow. The perfect strategy!
2012: I, Otaku
2013: off
2014: An Introduction to Kill La Kill
2015: Beyond Honnouji
2016: Japanophile's Guide to Boston, Nippon wo Mamore
2017: All About the Imperial Family
2018: Contrasts of Tezuka
Robin291
Veteran Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by Robin291 »

1 have one name for all of you...GARY OAK! xD yeah, he was the awesome part of the con. but in all seriousness, the Bleach photo shoot for me was amazing and the main events were all really good despite some technical difficulties.
shad0wth3fall3n
AB Alumni

Favorite AB Moments

Post by shad0wth3fall3n »

I would have to say the Masq was amazing because I never thought we'd win and after we ran back to celebrate we were called up AGAIN! And I was like "We won? Team Rocket won?" and my friend looks over and says "And they made it double!" I lawled for a good 5.

Oh and singing on webcam to Yugioh Abridged boards with Kroze and Bakura and them! They were amazing! :-D
Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by Kusuguru Usagi »

I have many favorite AB '09 moments, and here are 3 non-panel moments that were lots of fun:

On Friday morning, I saw someone cosplaying Kero-chan. I said hello to Kero, and he waved back. He then outstretched his arms, and I went over to hug him. I saw afterwards he put his hands on his cheeks. Hee!! That was so sweet! :thumbup:

Also, on Sunday afternoon, my boyfriend and I were walking in the Hynes, and we saw an L cosplayer. I said "Hello, L!", and he crouched down. He then reached into a bag he had, and gave us each Dum-Dum lollipops. :D We thanked him, and afterwards we said, "Cool!" :thumbup:

And, last but not least, I got to see someone briefly on Saturday morning I've known from AB for several years who used to work on staff. I hadn't seen her since last year, and I was happy to see her again, even though it was only for a few moments. :)
ninja_girl21
Obsessed Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by ninja_girl21 »

i always remember it and it the one con i didnt get sick i had alot of fun and i love the dealers room but i didnt like getting lost, in it thought. i like meeting new peps and some people i didnt see and friends i have. and i always remeber it as fun and i had fun even though i didnt get a chance to do any events or panals or anything still go every year though cause i love anime and always love anime boston.
i been going to anime boston since 2004
Freyawazhere
Determined Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by Freyawazhere »

really? I was Russia! you were the one who i thouight a China was looking for right?
5th_Division_Captain
Veteran Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by 5th_Division_Captain »

Best moments were definitely meeting the people I talked to leading up to AB either here on the forums, Facebook, AIM, and Xbox! My other favorite moments were meeting new people at the con! It was probably the best experience EVER!!!!!!! Thanks for making my first year at AB a great one!!!!
SlAyErPaTh
Dedicated Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by SlAyErPaTh »

Getting a huge following of L4D cosplayers as we blast remix music on the stereo on Saturday.
Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by Kusuguru Usagi »

[quote=ninja_girl21]i had alot of fun and i love the dealers room but i didnt like getting lost, in it thought.[/quote]

Yes, I remember when my boyfriend and I had gone into the Dealers Room on the first day, we were both almost overwhelmed because it was so much bigger/more spread out than last year. It was a blast, though.^_^
NobiZero
Expert Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by NobiZero »

I was dressed as Tony Stark, and my friends were the Riddler and Black suited Spider-Man. Several times during the convention, my Riddler friend (this was his first time to AB) was trying to play along with everyone he recognized. One of the things he'd do was whenever he saw a Sora from Kingdom Hearts, he'd do his best Goofy impersonation and yell out "Sora! Help!" to see if any of them would do anything. One of the Soras actually turned around, fully in character, jumped up and yelled out "I'm coming!" When she got there, she spotted my friend as Spider-Man, shouted out "A heartless!" and chased him around for 5 minutes straight. This became ritual for whenever we'd see this particular Sora, and this ended up happening roughly 7 times over the entire weekend. Definitely my favorite moment. If that Sora reads this, thank you very much for making our weekend, and happy belated 21st birthday!
Hinamori_Momo
Expert Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by Hinamori_Momo »

Participating in the Cosplay Chess and winning the Barrel from Aizen and his friends 5 times ^^
supernaturalfanatic
Determined Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by supernaturalfanatic »

Assorted people yelling "Powerpuff Girls!" and getting told a few times that it was awesome for us to do the costumes was awesome.

The guy working a DVD booth in the Dealer's Room that sold me the complete Princess Tutu boxset for $40 instead of $45 (was $5 short - and since I LOVE Princess Tutu, that totally made my weekend<3).

My friends and I hit up the jacuzzi in the Sheraton a few times to take a break from the con, and one time there was this group of other AB'ers there that we had a long, fun convo with (and the whole demonic water-sprayers from the jacuzzi at the same time).

And the least favorite; I got really sick on Saturday afternoon and passed out at the hotel around 6pm and slept through the night - so I missed the concert/informal dance that night. D: gr.

DrakaDark
Veteran Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by DrakaDark »

Kalafina panel and concert, also on Saturday as I was dressed as Sakura, there where these to girls asking to jump rope, there rope was made from can soda tops. I ended jumping jump with them, we also got some others to jump. That was awsome. ^.^]
Also all the nice people I meet when standing in the registration line on friday, that includes the girl I meet at 7:30 am dressed as a sexy Shippo, and the guy and girl that I ended up taking to the whole way through the at-con-registration line on friday. You all Rock! :D
minumoto

Favorite AB Moments

Post by minumoto »

Having an itachi propose to me was pretty awesome XD
and i will say this and if you get it, you win: Tuna Casserole
MacX
Veteran Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by MacX »

At the end of Veronica Taylor's Voice Acting panel, I was chatting with her and security asked "Who is he? Is he staff?" while trying to get her to her interview. Her reply was "He's close enough. He's a friend" So felt like a V.I.P (Veronica's Important Pal) as we walked in "the back" away from fan bombardment.

During the dance some girl went "omgzzzz thissss guyyy i wuuuvvv u" to when I was dancing. :p Scored her digits too! 8)

When someone was selling "Ancient Chinese secrets" @ the AA, I did two funny things: 1) I yelled "I find that highly offensive" and 2) I faked bitched-slap the guy
I can sculpt anything out of clay for you. Challenge me.

“I’ve known Macklin for a very long time and I think he is an incredibly talented person.” - Veronica Taylor (Ash Ketchum, Pokemon).

Follow me on twitter @ HeyLookASign
Syiian
Expert Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by Syiian »

Prussia at the Hetalia Panel.
That made my weekend.

AND.

Our Hetalia game of Duck Duck Pasta, which we then got kicked off the courtyard doing.
xD
♥
Larielle
Veteran Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by Larielle »

The Hetalia photo shoot was all kinds of amazing xD Loved meeting so many fabulous people!

And does actually getting recognized count as a favorite moment? I usually cosplay well-known series so I was pretty sure nobody'd know who I was outside of the panel/photo shoot, so I was really surprised when I kept meeting people who were all "Lithuania!" and I'm like, "Seriously?! 8D"

Oh yeah, and Troy Baker is THE MAN.
Kyo
Expert Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by Kyo »

[quote=minumoto]and i will say this and if you get it, you win: Tuna Casserole[/quote]
Cottage cheese.

Favorite moment... I guess it was the AMV contest. I see so many terrible AMV's on YouTube that seeing a few good ones during the contest was really nice. It gave me a few ideas for whenever I feel like making another one.
minumoto

Favorite AB Moments

Post by minumoto »

the AMV's were pretty fantastic. i wish i could see them again. i managed to find one on youtube.
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Favorite AB Moments

Post by kiarrens »

[quote=minumoto]the AMV's were pretty fantastic. i wish i could see them again. i managed to find one on youtube.[/quote]
www.animemusicvideos.org
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
satchansays
Experienced Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by satchansays »

my favorite moments:
-Anime Unscripted...."there's an app for that" hahaha.
-my friend actually knowing all the words to the Pokemon theme song in German
-making the "Non-Masq Line"/"Anti-Masq Line" on Saturday
-being smacked on the head with a Pizza Hut box by a C2 cosplayer after hugging the Lelouch she was walking with and ignoring her
-my friends and I sharing Twizzlers with the L from Cosplay Chess as we were leaving the Main Events hall
-playing Catch the Barrel. more specifically, trying to make off with the barrel after winning it and being dragged back to the circle of challengers by a particularly stern Tobi cosplayer.

I'm sure there's more that I'll remember later. I had a ridiculous amount of fun.
kimnamjoon
Determined Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by kimnamjoon »

The Travis Willingham Panel! <333 The autograph session with troy Baker was hilarious, too. And at the end of the Troy Baker panel, the voice actor for Havoc pulled his shirt down *__*

and, of course, 25% off all yaoi <3333
ShinigamiKaitou
Veteran Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by ShinigamiKaitou »

I have far too many to count but the one I rememeber the best was the mass caramelldanson followed by singing the Pokemon theme at the top of our lungs in the mall food court sunday XDD even some non-congoers joined!
Repo_Graverobber

Favorite AB Moments

Post by Repo_Graverobber »

Singing Repo! songs outside Artist's Alley on Sunday, nothing else compared for me.
mikami
Determined Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by mikami »

[quote=Kyo][quote=minumoto]and i will say this and if you get it, you win: Tuna Casserole[/quote]
Cottage cheese.
[/quote]

I just threw up in my mouth a bit. lol

I think my favorite moment was seeing my hentai AMV on the big screen. It was the most epic feeling EVER!
Cosplays-2007,2008(Misato/Evangelion), 2009(Lucy/Elfen Lied), 2010(SIM), 2011(gothic SIM), 2012(Mara Jade), 2013(female mandalorian), 2014(female mandalorian, Alice(OUATIW)

AMV's-2011(Adversity), 2013(Animosity of the Feline Species)

H-AMV's-2009(The Hentai King), 2010(Yaoi Love), 2011(Supertight), 2012(Share the Load)
MeowRawr22

Favorite AB Moments

Post by MeowRawr22 »

My favorite moment was definately the "bleach parade" and after we went to a photoshoot and played shinigami-shinigami-hollow (duck-duck-goose) and then the police officer telling us we couldn't do it on their precious grass xD
purple_popinjay
Determined Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by purple_popinjay »

My favorite moments hadda be:
- running around and dancing as a Moonkin
- dressing up as Jacob from Dominic Deegan and showing Mookie at his table
- being Itachi in cosplay chess and harrassing Sasuke then getting hit by the friendship gun XD
"Do you know what costume players are? Costume players like to dress up as Pokemon for fun!" - Pokemaniac, Rock Tunnel, Pokemon Red/Blue Versions

---------------------------------------------------------------------

AB 2024 Tentative Line-Up:
Schedule TBD
Kitty Silver
Veteran Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by Kitty Silver »

Well a great moment to me was in the pre show for the closing ceremonies. Did anyone manage to record the "Dear AB" parts. I'm dying hoping to get a copy so I can show my fiance
Darkshowers
Veteran Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by Darkshowers »

I didn't get to see much but my favorite was the concert with Kalafina and my favorite anime composer Yuki Kajiura.

Also, I enjoyed the Death Note - The Psychology of Solipsism panel.
Irken Hawk
Expert Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by Irken Hawk »

Being apart of the huge group of people singing "I'm On A Boat", "Like A Boss" and the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song.

Oh. And the dance on Saturday. I loved the Fett's Vette remix.
Bluebeard45
Expert Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by Bluebeard45 »

When I bought $5 in tickets at the charity auction raffle and won the Japanese Nintendo DSI! Banzai!

(Now I get to try and figure the thing out with all the instructions in Japanese :) )
priestess_grrrl
Expert Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by priestess_grrrl »

Okay I have several:
  • [li]caramel dansen at the r_a_v_e and then running up three flights of stairs to do it again the next morning despite abject exhaustion[/li][li]smoking on the terrace with my sexy lieutenants[/li][li]watching Roy Mustang fanboy Batman[/li][li]watching a lollipop-bearing L shrink away from a revolving door as if it were about to eat him[/li][li]watching a beautiful boy dressed as Kenshin spread his parasol and pose for pictures
Ah, cons. Where else can you experience these things? :p
underthered

Favorite AB Moments

Post by underthered »

[quote=Syiian]Prussia at the Hetalia Panel.
That made my weekend.

AND.

Our Hetalia game of Duck Duck Pasta, which we then got kicked off the courtyard doing.
xD
♥[/quote]

YES! DUCK DUCK PASTA! I loved "ruining everyone's day."

And the mass exodus (...introdus?) that followed, marching through the con shouting and singing.
heyyouthere
Expert Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by heyyouthere »

little kid in a wheelchair made into mario kart with a wii remote. BEST EVER!
AB'12-'13
THUR: Harry Potter - Hufflepuff house
FRI: Adventure Time- Finn
SAT: WILDC.A.T.s.(comic) - Grifter
R^V3: FLASH

downwash.tumblr.com
youtube.com/XsteveswansonX
Vulcan
Determined Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by Vulcan »

- The L who was going through the dealers room asking EVERYONE if they had any candy to spare.

- Being onstage for another year in the masquerade cosplot skit with Sketch and the rest of the cosplot gang!!
AB2016
Jacob Frye: Assassin's Creed-Syndicate

Cosplay Page: https://www.facebook.com/SteeleRevolution/
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/c/SteeleRevolution7
Irken Hawk
Expert Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by Irken Hawk »

I forgot one.

Running into a Graverobber cosplayer on Saturday, then running into him again with a Repo Man cosplayer on Sunday.
ninja_girl21
Obsessed Poster

Favorite AB Moments

Post by ninja_girl21 »

running into d gray man peoples and most of all the time i was there till when i couldnt move cause i had to work damnnnnnn. grrrr work, but i enjoyed it every year that is why i go.
i been going to anime boston since 2004
minumoto

Favorite AB Moments

Post by minumoto »

arguing with someone cosplaying as matt from deathnote about yuri and yaoi. i won since i had the giant sword XD.
minumoto

Favorite AB Moments

Post by minumoto »

[quote=Kiarrens][quote=minumoto]the AMV's were pretty fantastic. i wish i could see them again. i managed to find one on youtube.[/quote]
www.animemusicvideos.org[/quote]
thanks!
minumoto

Favorite AB Moments

Post by minumoto »

[quote=mikami][quote=Kyo][quote=minumoto]and i will say this and if you get it, you win: Tuna Casserole[/quote]
Cottage cheese.
[/quote]

I just threw up in my mouth a bit. lol

I think my favorite moment was seeing my hentai AMV on the big screen. It was the most epic feeling EVER![/quote]
hehe. i wanted to go to the hentai amv dealy, but i managed to miss it <_<