Magic: The Gathering Schedule

Collectable Card Games (CCG), Role Playing Games (RPG), Live Action Role Playing (LARP), and tabletop games are covered by this forum.
smoagendash
Veteran Poster

Post by smoagendash »

Friday:

Booster Drafts - Modified Swiss Style - 8 Man Pods ($15 Entry)- Hourly: 12:00, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 4:00, 5:00, 7:00, 8:00

Each Draft is 3x 50:00 Minute Timed Rounds with 24:00 Minute Time Draft Picks and 25:00 minute Time Deck Construction. The Draft Format is Shards of Alara / Conflux / Alara Reborn. Most Drafts will be about 3 hours as Prize Splits usually Occur in the third round. Each draft will be run at REL: Regular Point Value 16K. Each 8 Man pod will be able to accept 8 Packs for first place and 4 Packs for 2nd place. Shards of Alara, Conflux and Alara Reborn will be available for Prize Support Packs.

6:00 pm - Friday Night Magic: Standard Constructed (Lorwyn, Morningtide, Shadowmoor, Eventide, Xth Edition, Shards of Alara, Conflux, Alara Reborn), $5 entry. Four FNM Promotional Cards (May Cards TBA) will be given away as door prizes and to top placing players. 80% of entry fees will be converted into prize support for this event. There will be 4x 50:00 minute timed rounds. Prizes will be based on placing in the tournament after 4 rounds (3 rounds if 15 players or less). This event will be run at REL: Regular Point Value 8k.

Saturday:

Booster Drafts - Modified Swiss Style - 8 Man Pods ($15 Entry)- Hourly start times:

Early Schedule:
10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 1:00

Afternoon/Evening Schedule:
3:00, 4:00, 7:00

Each Draft is 3x 50:00 Minute Timed Rounds with 24:00 Minute Time Draft Picks and 25:00 minute Time Deck Construction. The Draft Format is Shards of Alara / Conflux / Alara Reborn. Most Drafts will be about 3 hours as Prize Splits usually Occur in the third round. Each draft will be run at REL: Regular Point Value 16K. Each 8 Man pod will be able to accept 8 Packs for first place and 4 Packs for 2nd place. Shards of Alara, Conflux and Alara Reborn will be available for Prize Support Packs.

5pm - Two-Headed Giant Sealed Deck Conflux Gateway Support Kit Event with Nicol Bolas Play mats! $40 Entry: Magic Multiplayer Format, Teams of 2 players

Each Player will receive 8 packs: 4 Packs of Shards of Alara, 2 Packs of Conflux and 2 Packs of Alara Reborn. Each team will have 60 Minutes to build 2 40 card decks. There will be 4x 50:00 minute rounds (3 rounds if 15 teams or less). $10.00 per team ($5.00 per player) will be converted into prize support. Promotional Hellspark Elemental, Path to Exile and Nicol Bolas play mats will be handed out at this event at random and to top placing teams.

Sunday:

11am Block Constructed (Shards of Alara, Conflux, Alara Reborn): $5 Entry. With no official tournament season dedicated to Block Constructed this year, this is a great opportunity to play in what is a very exciting format with everything from quick aggro, high powered Timmy creatures and Planeswalkers! 80% of entry fees will be converted into prize support for this event. There will be 4x 50:00 minute timed rounds. Prizes will be based on placing in the tournament after 4 rounds (3 rounds if 15 players or less). This event will be run at REL: Regular Point Value 8k.

Booster Drafts - Modified Swiss Style - 8 Man Pods ($15 Entry)- Hourly start times: 10:00, 1:00

All Tournaments and open play must be completed by 3pm Sunday

Pandemonium Books & Games will be buying, selling and trading Magic: the Gathering Singles and Supplies in Live Gaming! We'll also be Buying, Selling and Trading used Manga at our Dealer Table in the Dealer's Room!

FNM and Conflux Gateway materials are Sanctioned through Wizards of the Coast already and we will be receiving the support Materials.
DagaYemar
Expert Poster

Post by DagaYemar »

Damn, I'm in hte masquerade...Could a two-headed giant tournament be held at any other time?
I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent.
Statik.v87
Veteran Poster

Post by Statik.v87 »

Hey. I've just recently gotten back into magic. I really need to expand my card pool, so a draft sounds like a good concept. The only thing is, I've never done one. I don't know what "Modified Swiss Style" or "8 man pods" mean. Is there a particular site you would recommend I visit? I've been learning some Alara cards, which I figured was important, but I don't know how things work. Could someone help me out? Thanks.
smoagendash
Veteran Poster

Post by smoagendash »

When drafting, players are divided into 8-man groups; these are "pods". "Modified Swiss" simply refers to the seating and scoring system used to run the event.
Statik.v87
Veteran Poster

Post by Statik.v87 »

Thanks. So besides learning some of the cards, I should be all set. Sounds good. :o
Sayako-chan
Veteran Poster

Post by Sayako-chan »

Ahaha!

This is so complicated sounding...
I just want to play some 1x1,to 3x3 games..
(I'm not a huge fan of Empire games..)

If I want to stay away from tournaments,
Can I still play a few games with anyone who's interested?
smoagendash
Veteran Poster

Post by smoagendash »

Absolutely! I'm sure there will be a lot of casual games.
Statik.v87
Veteran Poster

Post by Statik.v87 »

Anyone for a Vanguard match or two? :o
Orange_Soda_Man
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Orange_Soda_Man »

Will you guys by any chance be accepting credit/debt? I'll have cash on me but just in case.
Olson34
AB Staff

Post by Olson34 »

I really hope next year we can get a few more judges to come or at least get things rolling on time. My friend and I played in the 2GH tournament and got 3ed. but by the time everything was done i had missed the entire mascaraed and was almost time for the dance to start. I'm looking forward to next year but I just hope times for other events will be taken into account.
Kenneth Olson
Staffing Anime Boston since 2010
Fan Creations Manager 2014-2018
Fan Creations Staff 2019-2024