Larp at AB

Collectable Card Games (CCG), Role Playing Games (RPG), Live Action Role Playing (LARP), and tabletop games are covered by this forum.
kendernwj
AB Alumni

Larp at AB

Post by kendernwj »

They locked the other thread before I could get to it, but I thought I would throw in my say, since me and mine run one of the larps at AB, and will be running one at AB09 (all things going as planned)

The Larp we run in a Mind's Eye Theatre game which is a system published by White Wolf. A gaming company that writes and produces a large number of game settings.

We run their older system called Vampire the Masquerade. We use the system and it's meta-plot (The plot written by the game producers) to a point but the characters, which are premade by us, are all based on a number of anime characters across many different anime's. We take these characters and twist them so that they will fit in the World Of Darkness. (World of Darkness is what White Wolf calls their version of our world).

The game is completely and utterly NOT BOFFING. Everything that would require a roll of a die in a table top game is decided by Rock Paper Scissors (Which is awesome).

Basically the low down for the game we run at AB is you get to play one of your favorite anime characters as if they were a Vampire in the World of Darkness. So instead of sitting at a table saying Ash the Stampede walks into the room, his coat all billowing and guns drawn and yells "Everyone stick you hands up". You get to literally walk into a room and yell "Everyone stick your hands up!!" It's really a lot of fun.

We will be releasing more details on this years game hopefully staring in February, me and mine are running a Mage game (LAST) a Arisia so that is taking over all our time for now, but as soon as that's over I will be posting the surviving playable characters from last year and opening my e-mail to suggestions for new anime's to include this year. (Trigun is already on the list :-)

Well I hope that answers your question Kamama, as well as any else who had a question about Larp at AB (Does anyone know if there is a BESM Larp this year?)

Nick
Story Teller
Anime Boston By Night 09: Hunters Hunted
Nameless
Getting the hang of this...

Larp at AB

Post by Nameless »

[color:purple][/color]
Hey! I'm a LARPER too, and I am so upset with how they closed the forum!
I really like to LARP and I used to boff with Nero tee-hee :P
There is no boffing at AB now, but I did play in BESM they we're ok. The Vampire came was soooo super. Can't wait!
I hope they don't shut down this forum now that I mentioned boffing.
Censorship much people?
AB ROCKS!
Nameless
xoxoxo ;)
Eimi
Show-off

Larp at AB

Post by Eimi »

I didn't close it because it mentioned boff, I closed it because it had nothing to do with Anime Boston, they were just asking how to LARP. This one does since Nick posted his intent and games that will be running at the con (:
Nameless

Larp at AB

Post by Nameless »

tee-hee
that's all well and good miss, but I think if people wish to learn about something why should you ban that? AB is about educating people. By not giving the gents and lasses a chance to converse with one another you deprived them.

I mean no disrespect but you aborted the chat prematurely before englightenment could be obtained.

xoxoxo
Nameless :thumbup:
PatrickD
AB Staff

Larp at AB

Post by PatrickD »

[quote=Nameless]tee-hee
that's all well and good miss, but I think if people wish to learn about something why should you ban that? AB is about educating people. By not giving the gents and lasses a chance to converse with one another you deprived them.[/quote]
We ask that all threads on this forum be AB-related. If I want to learn about car repair, that would be just as off topic as wanting to learn about LARP. If people want to talk about non-AB things then there are better and more appropriate forums out there in which to do it. However, discussion about LARP at AB is completely within the rules.

If you want to continue this conversation, take it to PM. This is off topic here and could result in THIS thread being locked too.
-Patrick Delahanty
Anime Boston North American Guest Liaison
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
AnimeCons.com | FanCons.com | The Chibi Project | Anime Unscripted™

View my Convention List
brighteyesblake
AB Alumni

Larp at AB

Post by brighteyesblake »

LARP=Live action Roleplay which is a part of Anime Boston in the fact that it's in the gaming room. I saw boffing demonstrations two years ago so wouldn't that have made it part of the diverse culture that makes up Anime Boston?

Hi All i'm the other member that helps with Vampire the Masquerade I just wanted to say I hope you're all set for this years LARP we're very excited Nick and I and we've come up with a whole new line up of Anime chars to include this year. The fighting style Rock, Paper, and Scissor will be the same. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
We also are running a LARP at Arisa next week. A mage game if you wish to participate.

Have a lovely evening,
My best,
nikki^-^
brighteyesblake
AB Alumni

Larp at AB

Hi Nameless,

I think you should make sure your clear on what you were having people learn.

Welcome to the forums. I hope to see you this year at the LARP again.
Any anime you wish to see part of this years LARP?

Take care,
Nikki^-^
Nameless

Larp at AB

Post by Nameless »

Heyas,

[color:red]I would totaly love to have Fruits Basket or Bleach characters to choose from this year

I will try to be more careful I didn't realize they we're so strict with policies.

Thank ya
Nameless
xoxoxo }:|[/color]
kabungalee
I'm new!

Larp at AB

Post by kabungalee »

I'm gonna be there,and I was wondering;
I have a Masquerade character I play in Mass, and I wanted to know if I could bring that character into your game. He's not too powerful, just a Toreador Ive played at like four or five events...
chibikakashi0101
Veteran Poster

Larp at AB

Post by chibikakashi0101 »

I know all those people witht he blue things are going to shoot me for this, but what exactly is larping?
kendernwj
AB Alumni

Larp at AB

Post by kendernwj »

I'm going to answer two for one here.

First I'll deal with the later. Chibkakashi0101, look at the first post of this thread and that gives an idea. But basically think of it as Role playing but instead of typing your characters actions or narrating them you instead actually act them out. SO instead of stating "I walk up to the Sabbat punk and try and convince him to join me in the dark alley" you would instead walk up to the other player playing the Sabbat punk and try and convince him to join you in the dark alley. Now there are some mechanics involved but those are simplified for this game so I wouldn't worry about them too much.

As for Kabungalee, Sadly I'm not all that willing to allow characters from other games into this setup. First and foremost because doing so opens a giant can of worms that I am just not wanting to deal with. Second this game it built around the idea of twisting anime characters into the WOD and unless you Torrie happens to be Kenchin in the other games he's been in as well, then sadly he won't really fit into our game. What I am willing to do, and I open this up to anyone willing to put the effort in. Is to work with you to make a character before the game that you would enjoy. So if you like this Torrie a lot and would really like to play him, e-mail me and we will find a way to make a character based on an Anime that will be similiar and fit it into this story line. My email is Kendernwj@gmail.com This offer stands for anyone who has a concept they want to play in this game, just please e-mail me and I will do my best to work with you and make it so you can play the character you want.

Me and my group are looking for you the players to have fun, that's our goal, so remember the more you are involved the more likely you are to have a good time and our goal to be met.

Nick

P.S. the major plot theme for this game and it's first information post will hopefully be coming by the end of this month.
Whisper

Larp at AB

Post by Whisper »

Hey Nick,

Were you guys at TempleCon this year? If so, I had a great time LARPing with your group- and hopefully will have a chance again at AB.

Much love,
Whisper
I r Legend
Expert Poster

Larp at AB

Post by I r Legend »

i would totally join...if i was cosplaying DD:
brighteyesblake
AB Alumni

Larp at AB

[quote=ohai itz will]i would totally join...if i was cosplaying DD:[/quote]
Hiyas,

You don't have to cosplay in order to play in our LARP if we can imagine we're vampires based on characters then I'm sure we can imagine you look like the character you wish to play. Don't let the cosplay aspect turn you away. I hope to see you play.
Thank you,
Nikki^-^
I r Legend
Expert Poster

Larp at AB

Post by I r Legend »

oh really? awesome! Any specifics as to when this is going to be happening? And I assume i should bring the basics like dice and such. xD
kendernwj
AB Alumni

Larp at AB

Post by kendernwj »

It should all be in the schedule. Our game is Saturday Starting ~3pm and going till midnight. You actually don't need to bring anything except a willingness to have fun. The system using rock/paper/scissors.

Thanks
Nick
kendernwj
AB Alumni

Larp at AB

Post by kendernwj »

Nope we were not at Temple-Con. We were at Arisia and last years AB

Nick
I r Legend
Expert Poster

Larp at AB

Post by I r Legend »

Sooo...even if im not Cosplaying can I just be like "I'm Yusuke Uruameshi" with a band t-shirt, jeans, and a hoodie? if so that's godly.
kendernwj
AB Alumni

Larp at AB

Post by kendernwj »

Exactly, you do not have to actually be cosplaying the character you wish to play. we expect that is your suspension of disbelief can carry you into be the Vampire version of an Anime Character, then what you are wearing is a relatively minor stumbling block in this. But don't get me wrong, we totally encourage dressing the part, even if it's just some form of "gothic punk" style outfit that you think your character would wear if they were a vampire.

See you all Saturday
Godly
Nick
brighteyesblake
AB Alumni

Larp at AB

Thank you everyone!

Hi all, I just wanted to say on behalf of Nick and myself and all of the storyteller's from Anime Boston by Night this year, that thank you!
Every player that Larped did an amazing job and without you we could not have had the successful game that we did. Nick shall be posting replies to everyone's email we received and a wrap of what happened.
Again, every pack and super pack, and player great job!
^-^
Nikki
aka "Leira"
brighteyesblake
AB Alumni

Larp at AB

Thank you everyone!

Hi all, I just wanted to say on behalf of Nick and myself and all of the storyteller's from Anime Boston by Night this year, that thank you!
Every player that Larped did an amazing job and without you we could not have had the successful game that we did. Nick shall be posting replies to everyone's email we received and a wrap of what happened.
Again, every pack and super pack, and player great job!
^-^
Nikki
aka "Leira"