Out of Character

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2009.
RC
Veteran Poster

Out of Character

Post by RC »

To contrast the 'In character' thread, here's an out of character thread.

Did anyone do something so out of Character that it was hilarious?
InvaderFlak
Expert Poster

Out of Character

Post by InvaderFlak »

I didn't recognize too many people trying to stay in character.

To be fair I kept telling the little ones to stay in school and to not do drugs!
Edobean
Expert Poster

Out of Character

Post by Edobean »

I admitted to a Hughes cosplayer that his daughter was cute. ...Does that count?
kimnamjoon
Determined Poster

Out of Character

Post by kimnamjoon »

people kept calling me short and my voice was so shot by sunday from short-ranting I just shrugged at them or heaved a sigh the whole last day. Definitely out of character.
Cake_Nya
Obsessed Poster

Out of Character

Post by Cake_Nya »

as Hibari Kyoya from Reborn I was sitting on the stairs and some random girl ran up to me sat right next to me and hugged me until I think I was blue in the face. Normally Hibari'd snap at the person and try to harm them. However I was far too tired and hungry to even care so I just stared at them blankly and shrugged.

...she squealed in delight and ran off to tell her friends...O-o weird.
AB '13
Enjolras [Les Mis] with my fabulous group
NobiZero
Expert Poster

Out of Character

Post by NobiZero »

Saturday night, I had a group of 3 guys come up to me near the entrance to the dance and ask me all kinds of Iron Man movie type stuff like "You're not really Iron Man, right? Just Tony Stark." I was going to reply with RDJ's line from the movie "I'm just not the superhero type. Clearly." I was so tired, I had a brain fart, and all I could think to say was a simple "nope."
Freyawazhere
Determined Poster

Out of Character

Post by Freyawazhere »

Hmm.. I was Russia from Axis powers Hetalia and i was completely out of char until sunday when i actually acted evil because i had sore feet hadn't eaten and was overly tired.
Freyawazhere
Determined Poster

Out of Character

Post by Freyawazhere »

[quote=NobiZero]Saturday night, I had a group of 3 guys come up to me near the entrance to the dance and ask me all kinds of Iron Man movie type stuff like "You're not really Iron Man, right? Just Tony Stark." I was going to reply with RDJ's line from the movie "I'm just not the superhero type. Clearly." I was so tired, I had a brain fart, and all I could think to say was a simple "nope."[/quote]
wait i think i hugged you. you had the lite up chest thing right?
shad0wth3fall3n
AB Alumni

Out of Character

Post by shad0wth3fall3n »

I was James from Pokemon and I had tons of women glomping me....I would say that's out of character >.> Oh and I was Asuma from Naruto...and I was alive...therefore also out of character! :-D
NobiZero
Expert Poster

Out of Character

Post by NobiZero »

[quote=Freyawazhere][quote=NobiZero]Saturday night, I had a group of 3 guys come up to me near the entrance to the dance and ask me all kinds of Iron Man movie type stuff like "You're not really Iron Man, right? Just Tony Stark." I was going to reply with RDJ's line from the movie "I'm just not the superhero type. Clearly." I was so tired, I had a brain fart, and all I could think to say was a simple "nope."[/quote]
wait i think i hugged you. you had the lite up chest thing right?[/quote]
Yup, that was me.
Fetch
Show-off

Out of Character

Post by Fetch »

[quote=Edward_Kitten]people kept calling me short and my voice was so shot by sunday from short-ranting I just shrugged at them or heaved a sigh the whole last day. Definitely out of character.[/quote]

Now you know why Vic won't do them at cons too often. ^_^
He mentioned that particular problem at NEFanX last year, but did do a short 'short rant' to appease the fangirls.
Atree
Determined Poster

Out of Character

Post by Atree »

Erm... My friend wasn't very in character, but to be fair, her character shows up for all of maybe three chapters in Fairy Tail. And even then she doesn't do anything but shoot something, get shocked by it, and pass out. XD

---

And Fetch! I only saw you once this year, and I couldn't go say hi to you because I was waiting for a friend and didn't want her to show up and not find me at our rendezvous point.

You probably don't remember, but I was the Asian girl in the pink cosplay (Chihiro, from "Spirited Away") last year, with a blonde and skinny girl, my friend. We both petted your plushies and I think the subject of birthdays came up. You said something about feeling old since both of our ages combined was just about your age. XD I think you also mentioned that your birthday was in February, like mine.

(No! I'm not a stalker! ; _ ; I just have a really good memory for random stuff.)
AB 2015:
- Naoko Satomi - The Wind Rises (Friday)
- Lin - Spirited Away (Saturday)
- Hiro Hamada - Big Hero 6 (Sunday)

Past: AB 2008 -- present
(Studio Ghibli, Fairy Tail, Pokémon,
Ravenclaw quidditch, Dalton Academy,
Professor Layton, Sfeer Theory,
Shaman King, Kuragehime.
)
DDRMOOGLE2202
Veteran Poster

Out of Character

Post by DDRMOOGLE2202 »

I talked...and more than just "Daisuke" and "Kyuuu". XD

Oh and I think at one point I was on the phone. >.>
kazekage_of_the_funk
Committed Poster

Out of Character

Post by kazekage_of_the_funk »

as sephiroth I hugged Aerith...
and for some reason friday i was a bit of a mean person when I was Zack...mostly a bad day...
Fetch
Show-off

Out of Character

Post by Fetch »

[quote=Atree]Erm... My friend wasn't very in character, but to be fair, her character shows up for all of maybe three chapters in Fairy Tail. And even then she doesn't do anything but shoot something, get shocked by it, and pass out. XD

---

And Fetch! I only saw you once this year, and I couldn't go say hi to you because I was waiting for a friend and didn't want her to show up and not find me at our rendezvous point.

You probably don't remember, but I was the Asian girl in the pink cosplay (Chihiro, from "Spirited Away") last year, with a blonde and skinny girl, my friend. We both petted your plushies and I think the subject of birthdays came up. You said something about feeling old since both of our ages combined was just about your age. XD I think you also mentioned that your birthday was in February, like mine.

(No! I'm not a stalker! ; _ ; I just have a really good memory for random stuff.)[/quote]

I remember you. When you spotted me this year, was I in my Team Rocket shirt?
Atree
Determined Poster

Out of Character

Post by Atree »

[quote=Fetch][quote=Atree]Erm... My friend wasn't very in character, but to be fair, her character shows up for all of maybe three chapters in Fairy Tail. And even then she doesn't do anything but shoot something, get shocked by it, and pass out. XD

---

(No! I'm not a stalker! ; _ ; I just have a really good memory for random stuff.)[/quote]

I remember you. When you spotted me this year, was I in my Team Rocket shirt?[/quote]
I honestly can't recall. I saw you from behind (recognized the backpack and plushies), so I probably don't have much to recall anyways. Sorry!
AB 2015:
- Naoko Satomi - The Wind Rises (Friday)
- Lin - Spirited Away (Saturday)
- Hiro Hamada - Big Hero 6 (Sunday)

Past: AB 2008 -- present
(Studio Ghibli, Fairy Tail, Pokémon,
Ravenclaw quidditch, Dalton Academy,
Professor Layton, Sfeer Theory,
Shaman King, Kuragehime.
)
Crash Override
Veteran Poster

Out of Character

Post by Crash Override »

I was on the second floor trying to drink from a water bottle through a hole in my nemesis mask and the bottle got stuck. People were taking pictures of me trying to pull the blasted thing out. It was hilarious.
We are all the same when it comes to cosplay. Our motives may be different but in the end we all just want to play pretend.
ChiUnit4evr
Getting the hang of this...

Out of Character

Post by ChiUnit4evr »

I'm not the most extroverted person in the world, so whenever people were screaming at me regarding my hunter costume, best I could do was wave. My voice was already shot and I didn't feel like screaming much....

I did have a pretty awesome standoff with a Raccoon City soldier in the dealers room though.
KitKat
Obsessed Poster

Out of Character

Post by KitKat »

[quote=Fetch][quote=Atree]Erm... My friend wasn't very in character, but to be fair, her character shows up for all of maybe three chapters in Fairy Tail. And even then she doesn't do anything but shoot something, get shocked by it, and pass out. XD

---

I remember you. When you spotted me this year, was I in my Team Rocket shirt?[/quote]

I saw you this year as well! I was in line for Hentai Dubbing!

As for out of character, I was Sad! Sumomo for a while on saturday after I burnt my fingers and bopped myself on the head with my giant pencil and someone got fake blood on my pants.
It was only brief though.
allieamity
I'm new!

Out of Character

Post by allieamity »

Out of character?
I hugged Cartman a lot. That's pretty out of character. x]
TinyLittleTohru
Obsessed Poster

Out of Character

Post by TinyLittleTohru »

Out of character.

As Natsuo, everytime I got hurt, I went Ow XD
Then proceeded to go
"Oh man..Ooops. Nope, didn't feel a thing!"

Even though i ended up with a badly twisted wrist, thanks to my Soubi. >>
Siefl
AB Staff

Out of Character

Post by Siefl »

i was out of character for sure XD

my character only showed up in the series once watching TV so i dont really know how he acts...i just acted like a kid wanting his mama greece and papa turkey XDD
Jennifer Marrero
AB Security Shift Supervisor 2019-2022
AB Junior Tech Staff 2018
AB Security Staff 2013-2017
AB Con Attendee 2008-2012
EpicSeagull1
Expert Poster

Out of Character

Post by EpicSeagull1 »

During the The World Ends With You photoshoot, we were all going to play a fun version of the Reapers Game, where you won by finding the Minaminoto cosplayer with the microphone. Another girl and myself (We both cosplayed as Rhyme) decided to team up and find him.

Not even ten minutes later, we found him. All three of us stared at eachother in shock for about two minutes, then he bolted down the hall with us chasing after him, yelling at him along the way. Eventually he was told to stop running by security, and we were able to catch up with him. Turns out he didn't even have a chance to hide before we showed up. When we turned back around to go downstairs and get our prizes, all the cosplayers we ran past were giggling or laughing at us. I was sooo embarassed! XD
AB & Port '09: Rhyme (TWEWY), Sapphire (Pokemon)
AB '10: Finland (Hetalia)
Port & AAC '11: Hiccup (HTTYD), Minako Arisato (Persona 3), Road Kamelot (D.Grey-Man)
Port & AAC '12: Magoichi Saika (Sengoku Basara), Minako Arisato, fem!John Watson (BBC Sherlock),
Port & AAC '13: fem!Sam Winchester (Supernatural), fem!Tony Stark (Iron Man, Avengers), fem!John Watson, Hiccup
'14 possibilities: Hiccup, SnK?, LotR/Hobbit?, more Persona 3/4?,
YanYan1337
Getting the hang of this...

Out of Character

Post by YanYan1337 »

i cosplayed a genome soldier and by the last day my feet hurt so bad from chasing snakes in steel toes all weekend lol genome soldiers always have the clava on but i seriously shoulda listen to the dude when he said it went -20 below lol so i was walking around in fatigues and a red sox cap and refused to chase snakes lol so yea out of character
Taurosgrl
Veteran Poster

Out of Character

Post by Taurosgrl »

[color:purple]I was Xion, from th new KH Game 358/2 days. Fun fact about that, though... It came out a week after Anime Boston...
Therefore, I was at the con not knowing my character's personality. I was bound to be OOC Dx[/color]
AB 2012!
No Set Dates Yet:
Dolorosa - Homestuck
Blind Mag - Repo! The Genetic Opera
Sasha - Infamous
Austria - Hetalia
Xion - Kingdom Hearts 358 Days/2 (Maybe?)