Feedback panel--a bit of a problem

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2009.
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

I fully intended to go to the feedback panel after closing ceremonies. I never got there.

The reason was that a Hynes employee was in the corridor, yelling to be heard over the din, "If you're not staff, exit the building."

My issue is not with the man trying to do his job--it's with the fact that no one had told him that there was a reason for some attendees to be sticking around after closing ceremonies.

Allow me to offer a solution: for next year, you may wish to move the feedback panel to one of the smaller screening rooms in the Sheraton.

Oh, my feedback?
[1] Registration was fantastic this year! and
[2] I offer my hope that NEAS will consider taking another crack at a 21+ convention--perhaps in a smaller, cheaper venue a little off the beaten path, and
[3] Expanding the dealer's room floor space was most welcome.

AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)
Eimi
Show-off

Post by Eimi »

[quote=Master of NERV]
[2] I offer my hope that NEAS will consider taking another crack at a 21+ convention--perhaps in a smaller, cheaper venue a little off the beaten path.[/quote]

Future runs of PAC have not been abandoned and are in the (very) early planning stages.
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

Good to know. My wife and I were pre-reged for PAC, and the only reason we didn't attend was my wife's sudden and serious illness.
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)
PatrickD
AB Staff

Post by PatrickD »

[quote=Master of NERV]Good to know. My wife and I were pre-reged for PAC, and the only reason we didn't attend was my wife's sudden and serious illness.[/quote]
Hi! It was a pleasure to meet you after Anime Unscripted and get the chance to talk with you.

I'm glad you came to Anime Boston this year and am happy to see that you had a good time. We're hoping to have PAC return in 2010 and will be sure to let everyone know when dates and a location are set...but like Melissa said, VERY early planning stage right now.
-Patrick Delahanty
Anime Boston North American Guest Liaison
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
AnimeCons.com | FanCons.com | The Chibi Project | Anime Unscripted™

View my Convention List
Kuma
Experienced Poster

Post by Kuma »

I would like to suggest that PAC be moved to 18+ and into one of the hotels instead of the con center. I think with 18+ you draw more of a crowd but still have a level of maturity.

AB for me personally went off without a hitch hopefully it can stay that way
Aarana
AB Alumni

Post by Aarana »

I thought PAC was absolutely brilliant as a 21+ con. Best con I have ever been to, seriously! It has my full support :)

Kelly Duffy
Large Event Coordinator 2020
Kuma
Experienced Poster

Post by Kuma »

[quote=Aarana]I thought PAC was absolutely brilliant as a 21+ con. Best con I have ever been to, seriously! It has my full support :)

[/quote]
i will agree it was great as 21+ but still needs to draw a crowd
Vu
AB Staff

Post by Vu »

Although suggestions for Providence Anime Conference is appreciated, this is regarding the Anime Boston Feedback panel. So, please keep the concerns and suggestions regarding Anime Boston!
Vu Tran
North American Guest Liaison
Anime Boston 2022

Viva la manatee!

"Gonna have to go find my eyeballs, I rolled them too hard"
- Rebecca Lee, 2019