Ever have tons of pics taken only to be unable to find any?

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2009.
Emi
Veteran Poster

Post by Emi »

What this topic is about basically is how sometimes despite having your picture taken tons at the con, afterwards you're lucky to find one picture of you.

Basically I wonder what all those people who took pics but never upload them, do with them.

I'm also curious if anyone else has encountered being stopped for photos countless times only to be unable to find any copies online afterwards.

I wish I had handed my camera off to people to take photos of me with other cosplayers more so that I'd have copies of the photos as well.

This year I at least found three pictures of me,
Two in Selphie, one in Cheerleader Konata.

But I had tons of photos taken of me on Friday when I was winter uniform Konata and the only ones I can find are the ones my friend took with my camera before we got into the con.

I'll keep checking of course since there are always those who don't get there photos up till a month after the con.
But this isn't the first time something like this has happened, I can't find any photos others took of me from Otakon last summer despite being stopped a lot.

So basically anyone else ever encounter the what happened to all those photos feeling?
Nosut
Veteran Poster

Post by Nosut »

Well while I cant say I have really had that happen. Due to the fact this was my first con ever. I did get stopped a LOT and so far not counting the pictures taken at the photobooth I have found 9 pictures of me. Plus a few pictures of me in some youtube cosplay video. I was susprised just the opposite of you. This was my first con and I didnt expect the people that did take my picture to post it yet I have found a bunch.

More on topic though I know people like my friends who take lots of pictures but dont bother to upload them. Pictures are normally taken as a persional thing for yourself to keep so they might not feel the need to put them online. I know I have TONS of pictures on my computer but I only put pictures sometimes online. Pictures are a visual memory of something and since it is still a memory offline then....eh no need to both putting it online. At least thats what I think.
Repo_Graverobber
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Repo_Graverobber »

Yeah, I know exactly how you feel. I was the only Graverobber from 'Repo! The Genetic Opera' there yet so far only found 7 pics. It happens though. A lot put their pics in a slideshow on YouTube, others don't post their album on the forums, and some delete pics to either make room for others or think they're too blurry.
Lawliet
Veteran Poster

Post by Lawliet »

haha ya i hate that, i got my pictures taken a couple times, minus all the caramelldansen footage/karaoke footage i saw being taken of me, and i still only find 1 picture that a friend took
shad0wth3fall3n
AB Alumni

Post by shad0wth3fall3n »

I will agree to this! I was the James from Team Rocket and we couldn't walk 5 steps without getting our pics taken, we chased Pikachus, and we got interviewed about 3 times, so far, I've only confirmed 1 interview, and only seen 3 pics. I feel your pain!
mahoukiyoraka
Expert Poster

Post by mahoukiyoraka »

Yes, most definitely!
I was with a D.Gray-Man group on Friday and held a panel Saturday morning, and we no doubt had more than 100 photos taken of us... judging by how about every 2 feet, someone would ask. Yet... I've only found about 10 photos.
On Saturday, I was cosplaying as Liz from Soul Eater, with my sister as Patty... and I know I did the same pose about 34738957204 times XDDD Yet, I've found about 3 photos that were mostly from a friend.
chrissiblack

Post by chrissiblack »

Yeah this happened to me. I was the Chii in the pink dress with the big bow, and I was stopped for pictures every 10 feet. I've found NONE. It's disheartening :(
Kamama
Expert Poster

Post by Kamama »

Oi vey! I was the Witch from Left4Dead on Saturday; couldn't sit down a few minutes without being asked for a picture. The only pictures I could find were from one other left4deader that happened to take a picture of the whole group. Well actually I did see one or two single ones for me, but that was it.

But think about it - out of the thousands and thousands of people that go to the con and take pictures, only a few hundred come onto the website. Then less than that go onto the forums, and even LESS than that actually post! So when it comes down to it, it kind of makes sense why there aren't many pictures.
insanekaosx
Experienced Poster

Post by insanekaosx »

I also know the feeling. I'm thinking about writing my email address on some cards and asking people to email me the pictures they take of me XP

I was Maes Hughes with a Roy Mustang, got a few pictures. A Mori with a Hunny, got many pictures. A Gary Oak, many pictures.

The only ones I've been able to find have been from Cosplay Chess, none from just out and about.
Ollie
Experienced Poster

Post by Ollie »

Best way to find pictures of yourself after the con is to ask the people taking them if they'll put them up. Lots of people just take pictures for the heck of it; only some care to upload them. Chances are, though, that those who DO upload will want others to see them. That's why they put them up in the first place! Just ask and you may either be able to get a business card, email address, or maybe a contact name. Also can be a good way to make new friends!
Zigfried
Veteran Poster

Post by Zigfried »

Add to that fact that a very slim percentage of congoers check these forums regularly. With only some people posting pictures and then some of those people checking the forums to post links, the chances of seeing a picture of yourself online dwindles.
RC
Veteran Poster

Post by RC »

Yes, I find myself fortunate to have found the three pics I did, of course, Ed and I were asked for alot of pictures... everyone seemed to notice Ed first. Sure, notice the [color:red]SHORT[/color] one first. XD
Halloween Kitsune
Expert Poster

Post by Halloween Kitsune »

My friend and I both got stopped quite a bit, hell, I even had people wanting to buy my keyblades off of me right then and there (I had oath keeper and oblivion, made out of pine...the whole deal). people took pictures quite a bit but I have yet to come across one of me. I came across ONE of my friend..and the only reason I have any of me is cuz my friend had control of my camera during the convention. Makes me wonder where the rest of the pictures went.
2020: Bowsette/Senko-san
2019: Captain Toshiro Hitsugaya
2018: Lady Sephiroth
2017: Smash Brothers Brawl Dark Zelda

Past Cosplays:
2016: LoL Ahri
2015: FF14 Miqo'te Bard
2014: Twilight Princess Link
2013: Chell (Portal 2)/Kat (DMC)
2012: Chell (Portal 2)
2011: Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Shugo Chara)/ Black Rock Shooter
2010: Cloud (Advent Children)
2009: KH2 Roxas

Owner and master of Fox and Bear Cosplay:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FoxandBearCosplay
Misa Fluff

Post by Misa Fluff »

Yup, I know exactly what you mean XD;
Oh well~

What really bothers me though is when they take the photo WITH you- like... really close to you, too... and then you never find it. It makes me wonder if it's on someone's myspace somewhere with the caption "ME AND MY GIIRRLLFRIIENNDD LOLZ" ...

>.> creepy.
Domeki-kun.
Obsessed Poster

Post by Domeki-kun. »

[quote=Misa Fluff]It makes me wonder if it's on someone's myspace somewhere with the caption "ME AND MY GIIRRLLFRIIENNDD LOLZ" ...

>.> creepy.[/quote]

Yum, only the greatest at AB, haha<3

I also know your feelings guys. I was with a Kuroshitsuji group ALL FRIDAY and everytime we took a step some fangirl/boy would squeel and take a picture of us. I've only found 4 pictures so far, one with the actual group and the other three by myself which makes me wonder where the hell these pictures run off too. I'm sure there was more than 842935703587 pictures taken, gods.
I've been on a con haitus for a while. Guess I couldn't abstain.

AB '07
Haji - Blood+
AB '08
Clare - Claymore
AB '09
Grell - Kuroshitsuji
Maid Cafe 101 Panel

AB '13
Saeko - H.O.T.D. (10%)

Tumblr |Facebook
Irken Hawk
Expert Poster

Post by Irken Hawk »

I got a few pics taken of me as Rorschach and I've only been able to find one, even though I wasn't the main focus (I was in the background).
kimnamjoon
Determined Poster

Post by kimnamjoon »

[quote=I Am Not Kira]Yes, I find myself fortunate to have found the three pics I did, of course, Ed and I were asked for alot of pictures... everyone seemed to notice Ed first. Sure, notice the [color:red]SHORT[/color] one first. XD[/quote]

I AM NOT SHORT YOU MORALLY BANKRUPT COLONEL WITH A GOD COMPLEX!!!

*ahem*

And yes. I got stopped every 20 seconds for a picture because I was Edward and had a working metal arm (apparently there was another girl with the metal arm, but I never saw her once o.o) and none of them have found their way online! i was like, come on guys! I got gangraped by a sailor moon group and pulled out of lines for pictures with people and not ONE of them have the common decency to post it online T_T I even checked Youtube cause someone took a video of me dancing around excitedly in the Travis Willingham (AKA Roy Mustang, my infuriating arch enemy/best friend) and I never saw her again o_o I really wanted to see it, too ;_;
Irken Hawk
Expert Poster

Post by Irken Hawk »

[quote=Irken Hawk]I got a few pics taken of me as Rorschach and I've only been able to find one, even though I wasn't the main focus (I was in the background). [/quote]

Make that two now. lol.
Legato
Experienced Poster

Post by Legato »

I took over 400+ picture at the con. And intend to upload all the good ones. I have about 340 uploaded now. My biggest issue is i took pictures of so many people, i can't sort them all.

Many of the people i took pictures of i have no idea what character they were. I only thought they had a well made costume, or at least spent some serious time making it and deserved to be remembered.

I have like 100+ pics in my photobucket that are unlabeled cause i have no idea who they are. I feel dumb for that, but i haven't been as big into anime as i once was, so i haven't caught all the new ones in recent years.

So look through my photobucket in my sig, you might find yourself there. I tried to take pics of anyone in costume

[quote=shad0wth3fall3n]I will agree to this! I was the James from Team Rocket and we couldn't walk 5 steps without getting our pics taken, we chased Pikachus, and we got interviewed about 3 times, so far, I've only confirmed 1 interview, and only seen 3 pics. I feel your pain![/quote]
Teaem Rocket blasts off again
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/ ... Rocket.jpg
Any pictures I post i have in 12 MP 300 DPI quality. Just PM me with the filename and an email and i can send em to you. Or email me at Jciampi at gmail dot com

AB2012 album - AB2013 album
Ratica
Veteran Poster

Post by Ratica »

It depends more on who your target audience is. For example, as Bridget, people that use the internet often were likely to find to costume amusing, and upload it to show to friends.

On the other hand, the Pikachu costume attracted a different group that uploads at a different rate.

Want to find pictures of yourself after the con? Be an internet joke.
bxdarkangel
Expert Poster

Post by bxdarkangel »

yea. i was the 'wonderboy' kakashi....and i have yet to find a single pic of myself. >..<
Irken Hawk
Expert Poster

Post by Irken Hawk »

[quote=bxdarkangel]yea. i was the 'wonderboy' kakashi....and i have yet to find a single pic of myself. >..<[/quote]

It happens. Last year I was Yuffie from Dirge of Cerberus and KHI and I posed for TONS of photos and I found none (except for the ones my friend took).
bxdarkangel
Expert Poster

Post by bxdarkangel »

/facewall
yea. it suxxerz >.<
RC
Veteran Poster

Post by RC »

[quote=Edward_Kitten][quote=I Am Not Kira]Yes, I find myself fortunate to have found the three pics I did, of course, Ed and I were asked for alot of pictures... everyone seemed to notice Ed first. Sure, notice the [color:red]SHORT[/color] one first. XD[/quote]

I AM NOT SHORT YOU MORALLY BANKRUPT COLONEL WITH A GOD COMPLEX!!!

*ahem*

And yes. I got stopped every 20 seconds for a picture because I was Edward and had a working metal arm (apparently there was another girl with the metal arm, but I never saw her once o.o) and none of them have found their way online! i was like, come on guys! I got gangraped by a sailor moon group and pulled out of lines for pictures with people and not ONE of them have the common decency to post it online T_T I even checked Youtube cause someone took a video of me dancing around excitedly in the Travis Willingham (AKA Roy Mustang, my infuriating arch enemy/best friend) and I never saw her again o_o I really wanted to see it, too ;_;[/quote]

Ahem, never said you were short. As a matter of fact, you made Ed feel bad, and I quote "Darn it!" "What now, Fullmetal?" "I'm shorter than myself!"

Anyways, it took me until that post to find two of the three... so there's ALOT of searching involved.
PaAE
Veteran Poster

Post by PaAE »

Oi, the whole weekend my friend I were having our pictures taken left and right.

We were from: No More Heroes.

I Bad Girl, and she Shinobu.

We also did the Hardcore Twins of Dogs: Bullets and Carnage, yet can't find a single picture. If you've seen any, let me know.

:[ Sucks not finding any.
Irken Hawk
Expert Poster

Post by Irken Hawk »

[quote=PaAE]Oi, the whole weekend my friend I were having our pictures taken left and right.

We were from: No More Heroes.

I Bad Girl, and she Shinobu.

We also did the Hardcore Twins of Dogs: Bullets and Carnage, yet can't find a single picture. If you've seen any, let me know.

:[ Sucks not finding any.[/quote]

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2052281/ ?
TwinEnigma
Determined Poster

Post by TwinEnigma »

Yep, same here.

Pretty much the only photos I have are the ones my mom took with my camera and the ones from group photoshoots.

Other than that? I can't find anything and I know I got stopped quite a bit for photos. Although, I'm definitely not counting on ever getting a copy of the photo of me that clerk at Staples got. XD
Sora-na
Expert Poster

Post by Sora-na »

I have that happen every convention it seems like. I don't mind when people take pictures, but I was part of two photoshoots (I was in the Poke'mon one also) and yet I can't find any of the photos of me, I even popped a reply in one of those searching for threads, or looking for

Last year I participated in a Podcast and that's missing too, I guess some things happen
AB 2013
Danny Fenton
Danny Phantom
Sonic the Hedgehog gijinka (Revamp)
PaAE
Veteran Poster

Post by PaAE »

.. That's us! Lol. :]

So maybe our pictures are up and about.. but having dial up blows.
Neshota
Veteran Poster

Post by Neshota »

hah im having that problem :\

I had my picture taken tons and I have only found one so far, and it want even of me only it was me and my boyfriend
AB2009 - Ritsuka (Loveless)
AB2010 - Cooru (+Anima)
AB2011 - Bridgette (Guilty Gear)
AB2012 - Shana (Shakugan no Shana)
AB2013 - Red Cloak (Journey)
- Link (Ocarina of Time)
AB2014 - Levi (Shingeki no Kyojin)
- Haruka (Free!)
AB2015-17 - (Sadly Missed Years)
AB2018 - (Hopefully Going!)
alissa37
Expert Poster

Post by alissa37 »

Well, from another side, this is the first time I've kept up with the "Did Anyone See Me" thread for so long and actually sent pictures out. I normally take them for personal enjoyment/to post them on a different forum I frequent.
shad0wth3fall3n
AB Alumni

[quote=Legato]I took over 400+ picture at the con. And intend to upload all the good ones. I have about 340 uploaded now. My biggest issue is i took pictures of so many people, i can't sort them all.

Many of the people i took pictures of i have no idea what character they were. I only thought they had a well made costume, or at least spent some serious time making it and deserved to be remembered.

I have like 100+ pics in my photobucket that are unlabeled cause i have no idea who they are. I feel dumb for that, but i haven't been as big into anime as i once was, so i haven't caught all the new ones in recent years.

So look through my photobucket in my sig, you might find yourself there. I tried to take pics of anyone in costume

[quote=shad0wth3fall3n]I will agree to this! I was the James from Team Rocket and we couldn't walk 5 steps without getting our pics taken, we chased Pikachus, and we got interviewed about 3 times, so far, I've only confirmed 1 interview, and only seen 3 pics. I feel your pain![/quote]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/ ... Rocket.jpg[/quote]

W00t I <3 You! That makes 11! lol
Legato
Experienced Poster

Post by Legato »

[quote=Copacetic]Well, from another side, this is the first time I've kept up with the "Did Anyone See Me" thread for so long and actually sent pictures out. I normally take them for personal enjoyment/to post them on a different forum I frequent.[/quote]
i am trying to keep up with it, cause i know how much this means to some people. It was my first con, i have been forced to work the last few. I took so many pics and i want to get them to everyone.

I should have just taken email addresses from people, that would have been easier. I had so many people thank me deeply that i was taking their pic, i was just like no thank you. I want them to see their pics. :D I feel bad that many won't ever get to see theirs. Or that i see someone ask for pics of themselves, but i don't know the character, so i don't know if i have them or not, or if my friends got them in pics or not.

[quote=shad0wth3fall3n][quote=Legato]

W00t I <3 You! That makes 11! lol[/quote]
i have that pic in higher res on my PC if you want a copy.

My friend also is taking together all 1500+ of our photos combined and making them an album on his website. We all got a pic of you together, from different angles. I'll let you know when he gets that up.
Any pictures I post i have in 12 MP 300 DPI quality. Just PM me with the filename and an email and i can send em to you. Or email me at Jciampi at gmail dot com

hika-chan658
Experienced Poster

Post by hika-chan658 »

i has a pic of u! im uploading everything within a few days so ill post a link on a few different threads. sooooo many pictures >.<
shyguy

Post by shyguy »

Thats it. Next time I'm making a lot of presentation cards with my emails and website on it.
I'll take tons of pics, and give everyone a card so they contact me =D
ARRRRG i shoulda done this earlier ><
The Doctor
Experienced Poster

Post by The Doctor »

[color:blue]I have to add I am also having this problem tones were taken of me with the Tardis and yet not one has terned up :([/color]
Akatsuki Sakura-Sama

Post by Akatsuki Sakura-Sama »

It happends every year xD 100billion pictures, your luckey if you find one.
And it will ALWAYS be the worst picture you ever took. xD
acid_fusion51
Veteran Poster

Post by acid_fusion51 »

i might do the card thing next year too, so everyone will know i took their picture.
I took a bunch or peoples pics but i only know of three people i have contacted and let them know i have their pic
RC
Veteran Poster

Post by RC »

I'll remember my camera next year.... and take many pictures. XD
acid_fusion51
Veteran Poster

Post by acid_fusion51 »

you can actually get business cards made customize pretty cheap depending on the website (some are cheaper as the more you buy, bulk)

i have looked into it and will be doing this next year as a way to promote my photography and let people find there picture
PatrickD
Sometimes mistaken for Vu

Post by PatrickD »

[quote=The Doctor][color:blue]I have to add I am also having this problem tones were taken of me with the Tardis and yet not one has terned up :([/color][/quote]
You're on this page:
http://www.animecons.com/reports/photos ... 09/Cosplay
-Patrick Delahanty
Anime Boston North American Guest Liaison
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
AnimeCons.com | FanCons.com | The Chibi Project | Anime Unscripted™

View my Convention List
Experienced Poster

Post by 021210 »

[quote=chrissiblack]Yeah this happened to me. I was the Chii in the pink dress with the big bow, and I was stopped for pictures every 10 feet. I've found NONE. It's disheartening :([/quote]

Is this you?
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 1937_n.jpg

I didn't cosplay, so I don't know the feeling, but I just put the whole lot of them on my Facebook and be done with them. I don't really like adding people I don't know, so I don't post them anywhere either, except separately, like above.
KAIN SLICKER
I'm Special!

Post by KAIN SLICKER »

Friend me on facebook, and you'll see 100+ pictures - one MIGHT be you:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 2&ref=name
shad0wth3fall3n
AB Alumni

[quote=Legato][quote=Copacetic]Well, from another side, this is the first time I've kept up with the "Did Anyone See Me" thread for so long and actually sent pictures out. I normally take them for personal enjoyment/to post them on a different forum I frequent.[/quote]
i am trying to keep up with it, cause i know how much this means to some people. It was my first con, i have been forced to work the last few. I took so many pics and i want to get them to everyone.

I should have just taken email addresses from people, that would have been easier. I had so many people thank me deeply that i was taking their pic, i was just like no thank you. I want them to see their pics. :D I feel bad that many won't ever get to see theirs. Or that i see someone ask for pics of themselves, but i don't know the character, so i don't know if i have them or not, or if my friends got them in pics or not.

[quote=shad0wth3fall3n][quote=Legato]

W00t I <3 You! That makes 11! lol[/quote]
i have that pic in higher res on my PC if you want a copy.

My friend also is taking together all 1500+ of our photos combined and making them an album on his website. We all got a pic of you together, from different angles. I'll let you know when he gets that up.[/quote]

YES PLEASE!!!!
Legato
Experienced Poster

Post by Legato »

[quote=shad0wth3fall3n]YES PLEASE!!!![/quote]
Shoot me a PM with your email address and i will get you that pic in 12MP 300 DPI format.

I will start bugging my friend about getting the gallery online tomorrow morning. I know he been busy this week, but i want to see the whole gallery. :D

Kino
Expert Poster

Post by Kino »

[quote=Irken Hawk][quote=Irken Hawk]I got a few pics taken of me as Rorschach and I've only been able to find one, even though I wasn't the main focus (I was in the background). [/quote]

Make that two now. lol.[/quote]

Make that three. So many Rorschach cosplayers!

I had a bunch of pictures taken, even moreso when I was wearing a spoof mask on Saturday... I was wearing a black and white version of the "awesome" face

kimnamjoon
Determined Poster

Post by kimnamjoon »

[quote=I Am Not Kira]Ahem, never said you were short. As a matter of fact, you made Ed feel bad, and I quote "Darn it!" "What now, Fullmetal?" "I'm shorter than myself!"

Anyways, it took me until that post to find two of the three... so there's ALOT of searching involved.[/quote]

sorry for the really late reply o.o I was just subconciously reacting to the word short >__<) and I had so many awesome 'rawr i'm not short stupid colonel' lines too v_v

I finally found a picture of me!

However. My friend took it. So i'm not really sure it counts -_-;; Next year i'm making business cards with my email specifying that I receive an email with that picture or I will curse all their descendants *____* I figure that *might* inspire some results.

Or i'll creep people out. Either one will do.

p.s. sorry other edward ;_;
allanimerules1
Expert Poster

Post by allanimerules1 »

I SAW U! the masquerade was awesome! so was the skit malfunction and the actual thing. then saw ya the next day
The Doctor
Experienced Poster

Post by The Doctor »

[quote=PatrickD][quote=The Doctor][color:blue]I have to add I am also having this problem tones were taken of me with the Tardis and yet not one has terned up :([/color][/quote]
You're on this page:
http://www.animecons.com/reports/photos ... 09/Cosplay[/quote]

[color:blue]Thankyou finaly one of me with the tardis thankyou everso much[/color]