You know you're at Anime Boston when

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2009.
allanimerules1
Expert Poster

Post by allanimerules1 »

hahahaha i so remember that! that was fun! but damn security kicked us out! >< i know i'm at anime boston when people sing the rick roll song!
kimnamjoon
Determined Poster

Post by kimnamjoon »

you know you've been to anime boston when seeing a someone dressed as pacman running away from people dressed as the ghosts for senior prank isn't the weirdest thing you've ever seen...
allanimerules1
Expert Poster

Post by allanimerules1 »

my senior prank this year was so gay...they just painted the windows of the entrance pink.
caper moon
Getting the hang of this...

Post by caper moon »

you know your at anime boston when u dont think twice about giving someone 60 bucks cuz they lost there monney for there badge
you know your at anime boston when your dressed as a moogle and r saving everyons game
securtiy yells at u for wareing a glomp me sign cuz its a for of solicitng lols
ninja_girl21
Obsessed Poster

Post by ninja_girl21 »

see cosplayers and look for it. i was on the tee friday morny didnt see anyone it like were the cosplayers at yo. but still you at a con when you see people and it is awesomes
i been going to anime boston since 2004
allanimerules1
Expert Poster

Post by allanimerules1 »

XD yeah they dont allow signs anymore...but i defentily know i'm at AB when a moogle saves my game
Lathrine
Expert Poster

Post by Lathrine »

[quote=Edward_Kitten]
when people expect you to yell obscene swears at them because they called you short (or shrimp.. or munchkin...) and your character has a gutter mouth (in the manga lol)

When you get out of the car and the first 10 people in the registration line go "OH MY GOD IT'S EDWARD ELRIC!!!" and you're actually scared for a moment of being raped and kidnapped ;_;
[/quote]
Story of my life! D: I wasn't 'kidnapped' this year, though. I feel your paaaain *clings* Though, being expected to shout obscene swears is amusing. XD

[quote=I Am Not Kira]you ditched your glasses because your character isn't visually impaired and spend a good twenty minutes out of every hour wondering what things say.[/quote]
... I think I love you. D: *did the exact same thing*

*ahem* You know you're at Anime Boston when;
- You're asked "Are you stalking me? Because that would be really cool." and reply "Yes, I think I am" in return. :'D
- When a random girl walks up and asks for your autograph. In the food court.
- When you get a kiss from L at a ball.
- When you wear a black, full body robe out in the 90+ degree sunlight when standing in line for badge pickup, realize it was the stupidest thing you could've done, and you regret nothing.
APimpNamedGendo
Expert Poster

Post by APimpNamedGendo »

[quote=I Am Not Kira][quote=Nosut]You know your at anime boston:

You have stopped responding to your real name and instead actually respond to your characters name all the time.[/quote]

I do that anyways, I respond better to Roy than my own name, and I'm a girl. XD
[/quote]

Are you kidding? About half my friends don't even KNOW my real name. They only know me as Gendo. And that's because of the other half, most of them refuse to call me anything else!
caper moon

Post by caper moon »

u know your at anime boston when a picture comes with a free glomp
Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Post by Kusuguru Usagi »

[quote=Effyness]You know you're at Anime Boston when...

-Everyone will drop what they're doing and dance if some guy walks by with a boom box.[/quote]

I did that once. I forget which day it was, but, someone was walking by with a boombox, and "Caramelldansen" was playing. As soon as I heard it, I started to do the dance. My boyfriend laughed and told me I was silly. Hee!! :P
Yammark
Determined Poster

Post by Yammark »

When your gun rack has a gunblade on it.
[color:yellow]I cant help it sometimes...[/color]
But it is more of a time for reference and to be funny in a reference to both blue collar and anime-like.
Heeeerrrreeesss your sign
"Warning Furrys Crossing"
oh ahbreviation: "WFC"
Yamma!
APimpNamedGendo
Expert Poster

You know your at Anime Boston when a ninja tries to kill you 5 times in one day... and it's a TYPICAL day! (Thank's Epic... you seriously did rock!)
caper moon

Post by caper moon »

u know ur at anime boston when the bucket is olny in ur hands for two min lols i rarly got to hold on to it for very long
APimpNamedGendo
Expert Poster

[quote=caper moon]u know ur at anime boston when the bucket is olny in ur hands for two min lols i rarly got to hold on to it for very long[/quote]

I think I had it for 5 minutes... then I made the mistake of leaving it with the RPG party I was in (we were on behalf of neutral) to find out if we could leave the con with the bucket (we were off to get a little food, if I remember right). It was taken while I was away.
RC
Veteran Poster

Post by RC »

When there are four letters after you, specifically, L.
Crash Override
Veteran Poster

Post by Crash Override »

You know your at Animeboston when you walk down a hall and open a door only to have Cat Bus,a bunch of zombies, Solid Snake,Umbrella Spec Ops and the Marios brothers come storming through.
We are all the same when it comes to cosplay. Our motives may be different but in the end we all just want to play pretend.
Flyvarna
I'm new!

Post by Flyvarna »

Let's see...

-When you hear your character's theme and catchphrase so many times it gets stuck in your head...

-When you can commiserate with a (Soul Eater) Shinigami over how hard it is to see through cloth...

Bleh, that's all I got for now.
APimpNamedGendo
Expert Poster

When you sign your "Son's" name into a Death-Note Kira himself is holding open for you. (I signed Shinji's name at least once... maybe twice.)
Synaizen
Veteran Poster

Post by Synaizen »

Everyone knows Kallen X Lelouch is better.
masterofplush
Determined Poster

Post by masterofplush »

lol i have pretty strong ideas for my costumes next year
-your not even out the door and your already discussing cosplay ideas and the possibility of hotel room for you and your friends which you can already scrap because your broke from saving spending money and costume bud get for next year.
-your friend who tagged along just for the hell of it wants to come and cosplay with you next year (yp thats right and we had an all night ouran marathon too while we were making last minute adjustments to costumes when my machine broke :( )
-your tempted to wear you cosplay to school if you wouldn't get in trouble for it
Come check out our cute plushies and cool art at Fluffy Kitten Studios
yunaofparadise
Dedicated Poster

Post by yunaofparadise »

you know your at Anime Boston when....

A ninja and a shinigami is playing rock, paper, sissors and one is holding a barrel.

Statik.v87
Veteran Poster

Post by Statik.v87 »

You know you're @ Anime Boston when... a fat hairy nerd walks by you dressed as sailor moon... and he doesn't look out of place at all. lol.
Siefl
AB Staff

Post by Siefl »

You know youre at AB when:

-you have to explain to your friend what is pedo bear and the things he does.
-You get mistaken for your character's father instead of the child you cosplay as
-Ed is shorter than you
-There is a line growing bigger than the boston marathon during friday badge pick-up
-When you wanna punch the person who said 'you just Tom Selleck'ed it up'
-When Snake encounters the witch from L4D....and startles her =.=
-When there are actually pillz here
-when parents stare at you and walking their children away...WHILE STILL STARING AT YOU :O
-When cosplayers are in newbury comics spazzing after buying their favorite anime or manga related merchandise.
-when princess peach is a trap.
Jennifer Marrero
AB Security Shift Supervisor 2019-2022
AB Junior Tech Staff 2018
AB Security Staff 2013-2017
AB Con Attendee 2008-2012
Lover Of Deidara
Expert Poster

Post by Lover Of Deidara »

You know you're at Anime Boston when there's a freaking Carmeldansen Parade going around the entire Convention. xDD
...Or when you repeatedly see the same people one day, then don't see them even once for the remainder of the weekend.
2012:

Sagan Natsuo
Aoyagi Ritsuka (Potential)
Agatsuma Soubi (Teenage)
Hisoka Kurosaki
Yuri Lowell
Leon Magnus
Siefl
AB Staff

Post by Siefl »

^they're watching you sleep

you know ur at ab when:
-gender bending isn't wrong
-there are still lines
-you wake up early without no delay to go to the con
-you can survive off candies for 3 days straight
Jennifer Marrero
AB Security Shift Supervisor 2019-2022
AB Junior Tech Staff 2018
AB Security Staff 2013-2017
AB Con Attendee 2008-2012
kino6113

Post by kino6113 »

when you walk by jesus in the Prudential mall!
Squee
Determined Poster

Post by Squee »

-When Eric Draven from The Crow is eating cake with Shadow the Hedgehog (me and my friend lol).

-When Tidus laughs like Yagami Light.

-When you feel wrong wearing your usual clothes.

-Wearing a thick, black, floor-length leather coat and creepy makeup DOESN'T make you feel extremely sketchy when walking into a drug store and buying razors, batteries, electrical tape, and a mask. It just makes you laugh. Hysterically.

-When making people lose the game loses its appeal.

-When the sporadic temperature changes of the shower are the best thing in the world.

-When you wear a shirt that says "Vampires Don't Sparkle" and every teenage girl you see smiles at you instead of glaring.

-When you have to write "FREE KISSES!" on the back of your badge to get away with wearing a sign.

-"I Hate Mondays" no longer refers to school or work.
Nihulus
I'm new!

Post by Nihulus »

You know you're at AB when...
-You see a group of men in large white coats and a boy wearing a black cloak and orange mask all scattered about and staring at a barrel sitting in the middle of a busy hallway and you laugh as a Naruto points and picks it up.
-You wake up on monday and go, "This isn't the Manga Reading Room..."

Kira, I miss AB already! T.T
Hinamori_Momo
Expert Poster

Post by Hinamori_Momo »

[quote=Squee Draven]
-When you wear a shirt that says "Vampires Don't Sparkle" and every teenage girl you see smiles at you instead of glaring.

[/quote]

YES!!!! XD
Squee
Determined Poster

Post by Squee »

[quote=Nihulus]
-You wake up on monday and go, "This isn't the Manga Reading Room..."
[/quote]

LMAO. Definitely agree.
RC
Veteran Poster

Post by RC »

When Edward Elric and Roy Mustang (my friend and I) get along well for longer than 10 minutes.
Heartswyrd
Expert Poster

Post by Heartswyrd »

You know your at AB when:
~you take a picture of your friend cause they have an awesome cosplay, but you didn't find out it was them till you got back to work the following work day.
~you see the people you stood in line with for the AMV contest more than you see the people who came with you to the con.
eternity lotus
I'm new!

Post by eternity lotus »

you know you were at anime boston when:

-you leave with less skin (and medical supplies) then when you came ( or maybe thats only me)

- random pokemon and reno steal your props and starts attacking others with them ( poor lavi hammer)

-when you can intimidate mall security to the point they threaten to call cops when it all started with a innocent yaoi picture
Anime Freak 1234
Veteran Poster

Post by Anime Freak 1234 »

alright i have the funniest thing ever that happened after the con my freind told me it: a group of people were all standing around when they decide to pull a prank on the normies, so one of who bought a deathnote went around to people and said he was doing a school project to find the most common names and he had the people write their own names in the book, which was funny in itself,but then one guy as he was writing his name actualy said "feels like i am signing my life away" one i a million chance and they all fell over laughin
megmo
Determined Poster

Post by megmo »

That is freakin' hilarious!!
megmo
Determined Poster

Post by megmo »

You KNOW when you're at/were at Anime Boston when....

-You see JESUS!!!
-You see Waldo while waiting in the Iron Cosplay line and someone tries to catch him XD
-You see that there's a Jonas Brothers song in one of the AMV's in the screening and groan, and when someone asks you why you just point. They understand and they DON'T shoot you a murderous glare.
-You feel like strangling the next person who brings up the game
-The week after the con someone in your history class says they Tom Selleck'ed it up and you feel like strangling THEM
-It's actually okay not to listen to the "Don't talk to strangers" and "Don't accept candy from strangers" rules your parents drilled into your head as a child
-It's totally okay to be dressing up as if it's Halloween
-You feel more accepted by a room full of strangers than by the people you've know since grade school
-You are surrounded by total strangers and yet feel 100% at ease
-Spend two weeks worth of paychecks and don't give a damn!
-You start saving up for the next year on Monday
-When you see someone carrying a sword that is almost twice their height! And no one bats an eye!
-When people you think people in the food court walking around in normal clothes are the weird ones!
-When it's all over you feel like a part of you just died T^T
-When you feel like you're going to pass out from lack of food, sleep and lots of walking but you don't regret a thing!
Yammark
Determined Poster

Post by Yammark »

You might be a [strike]Redneck[/strike] anime con attendee if

You see a Girl driking milk out of a saucer, and it being considered PG-13 so long as she is in appropriate costume (cat girl)

You have watched a cheesy, poorly written, cartoon-like show for 10 seasons or more and liked it.

You have been eaten by a Grue.

You dont know what to do since you werent cosplaying ; (
Yamma!