Unexpected Cosplay

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2009.
NobiZero
Expert Poster

Unexpected Cosplay

Post by NobiZero »

Sure, if you wouldn't mind.
Lady of the Thread
Experienced Poster

Unexpected Cosplay

Post by Lady of the Thread »

[quote=theorangecat]I saw a Gene Starwind (Outlaw Star), which made my weekend. I cosplayed Melfina two years ago and maybe three people knew who I was. The Big Daddy, the Sorrow (Metal Gear - well, actually, all the rare MGS characters, there were a lot of them), Count D (Pet Shop of Horrors), and the Red Spy at the Black Orchid Ball were treats this year. [/quote]

Ah, thanks. I was the Count D. :)

For me, I did not expect to see the Medusa and Eva the mermaid from Petshop of Horrors. So few do PSOH costumes and I didn’t try to coordinate a group for it as I did last year so I hadn’t expected to see any other cosplayers from it. So, when I saw two excellent PSOH cosplays shortly after walking into the con center on Friday, my first thought was “Aah! I have to take a picture!” *_*
Legato
Experienced Poster

Unexpected Cosplay

Post by Legato »

[quote=Stephiroth][quote=Legato]
the detail in the Zant costume
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/ ... 9/Zant.jpg[/quote]

Hey that's me! Thank you so much for your appreciation for all of the finicky little details I put in. I'm pretty crazy about that kind of thing! :D
[/quote]
i was awed by it. I was like lost staring at you, cause of the detail. I coudln't even think of pulling out the camera...just stare and admire how sick the costume was. Finally came to and got the pic as you were passing. Sad i never got a head on shot. :(
Any pictures I post i have in 12 MP 300 DPI quality. Just PM me with the filename and an email and i can send em to you. Or email me at Jciampi at gmail dot com

AB2012 album - AB2013 album
watson
I'm new!

Unexpected Cosplay

Post by watson »

hear! hear!
D34TH4NDC0TT0NC4NDY
Veteran Poster

Unexpected Cosplay

Post by D34TH4NDC0TT0NC4NDY »

I was joking to my friend before the con... "If I see Walter Sullivan, I'm going to insult his mother." I didn't... Expect to see Walter... *decided against insulting his mother*

I also didn't expect to see Candle Jack. Heh. And I didn't think Hetalia would be so popular... Denmark was a pleasant surprise. (NO FRANCIS? WTF?)
AB'13: Sucre (OFF), Kurloz (Homestuck), Cicero (Skyrim)
my tumblr =>D34TH4NDC0TT0NC4NDY
RC
Veteran Poster

Unexpected Cosplay

Post by RC »

I was suprised to recently learn there was a Dr.House I missed. *sad*
shad0wth3fall3n
AB Alumni

Unexpected Cosplay

Post by shad0wth3fall3n »

[quote=I Am Not Kira]I was suprised to recently learn there was a Dr.House I missed. *sad*[/quote]

There were 2! :-D

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i208/ ... G_5639.jpg

They were fighting over my Hydrocodone! I just had surgery so I brought my Px with me, and surely enough they fought over it. Yay for Vicodin!
RC
Veteran Poster

Unexpected Cosplay

Post by RC »

[quote=shad0wth3fall3n][quote=I Am Not Kira]I was suprised to recently learn there was a Dr.House I missed. *sad*[/quote]

They were fighting over my Hydrocodone! I just had surgery so I brought my Px with me, and surely enough they fought over it. Yay for Vicodin![/quote]

That is awesome.
Mikuru3
I'm new!

Unexpected Cosplay

Post by Mikuru3 »

[quote=shad0wth3fall3n][quote=I Am Not Kira]I was suprised to recently learn there was a Dr.House I missed. *sad*[/quote]

They were fighting over my Hydrocodone! I just had surgery so I brought my Px with me, and surely enough they fought over it. Yay for Vicodin![/quote]

Yes, Dr. House was very good, but my favorite unexpected cosplay had to be Dr. John Dorian from SCRUBS. I didn't even realize what he was cosplaying until someone asked for a photo and he started staring off into space! So good! ^_^
kungfutornado
Getting the hang of this...

Unexpected Cosplay

Post by kungfutornado »

[color:green]The Pizza Man
Aku..? from Samurai Jack
Cosmo and Wanda[/color]
Niluxia

Unexpected Cosplay

Post by Niluxia »

That Cosmo and Wanda made me sooooo happy!!!Me n Bubbles ran after them in the dealers room to take their pic.Aku was also unexpected but he scared the crap outta me in the show so I was afraid 2 ask for a pic(I was young so don't laugh at me!)I wish I got a pic of Dr.House I love that show!!!

AB '13: Fran-FFXII
AB '12:C.Viper-Street Fighter
AB '11:Sexy No Jutsu Rock Lee-Naruto
AB '10:Envy-FMA, ABA-Guilty Gear
AB '09: Buttercup-Powerpuff Girls Z
AB '08:Sailor Mercury-Sailor Moon
AB '07:Kagura-Fruits Basket
AB '06:Me
Sayako-chan
Veteran Poster

Unexpected Cosplay

Post by Sayako-chan »

[quote=InvaderFlak]I was a Commissar last year. I got called M. Bison about 10 times. :(

I didn't expect so much Left 4 Dead and Team Fortress 2 this year. I know Portal's a huge favorite for everyone but the other two seemed to...niche for massed cosplay. Anyways, more love for Valve! I wanted to be Gordon but that fell through at the last minute.

Also, kudos to Isaac Clarke. 'Twas sweet.

(Anyone see that minstrelized Louis? How did that get in?)[/quote]

I didn't expect to see YOU MAster Chief Kitty Ears... Lolz My brother went crazy when he saw the pics and said he wants to be your minion, minus the cat ears. Are mini- canine Master Chiefs acceptable? ^_^

Didn't expect to see:
Solid Snake, well, I kinda did...
Stargate Atlantis Team!!! You guys were awesome!
So many Lolis... @_@ So many CUTE Lolis... @_@
So many Jokers!!
I didn't quite expect to see such an awesome Tardis either!
supernaturalfanatic
Determined Poster

Unexpected Cosplay

Post by supernaturalfanatic »

Cosmo and Wanda totally made my weekend.

-isanutterFOPgirl-
rawraphobia

Unexpected Cosplay

Post by rawraphobia »

[quote=GirlNChainmail]There are a few cosplays I kind of forget about, but I see them every year and they make me smile:

Jesus
Waldo
Pants-man

But this year I was surprised to see a whole bunch of awesome Left 4 Dead cosplayers. They were all great, but Louis in particular made me laugh 'cause not only was his make up so blatantly hastily and carelessly done, but he acted like that jerk in the party who never stops hitting the voice buttons.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/ ... 4Dead3.jpg

A few years back I helped my brother make a Count D costume from Pet Shop of Horrors. So many people had no idea who he was, so that only added to my glee when I saw the two girls who made flawless basilisk and mermaid costumes from PSoH:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/ ... orrors.jpg

Lets see... Also unexpected and awesome costumes were:

Princess Ruto - Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Happy Mask Man - Zelda: Majora's Mask
Candle Jack - Freakazoid
Quailman - Doug
That Dryad that was walking around on Saturday
Alice - American McGee's Alice
Raven - Teen Titans
Team Fortress cosplayers

Candle Jack made me laugh because he wouldn't let me take his picture until I said his name. Tricky brute. lol.[/quote]

lol. (;
There were actually at least two American Mcgee's Alice, one was my friend, and the other one you had pictured.
Lathrine
Expert Poster

Unexpected Cosplay

Post by Lathrine »

The most unexpected for me was the Organization XIII soccer team, Candle Jack from Freakazoid, and Jareth the Goblin King. <333 I about DIED when I saw the Goblin King. :'D Completely, utterly made my weekend. I was ever lucky enough to see both of them. x3 The second one was talking, and I was just kinda hanging out waiting for him to finish talking/notice me and a friend of his loooked at me, tapped the Jareth on the shoulder, pointed at me and said "You have a fangirl." <3333

[quote=Otome-chan]
[/quote]
WHATNO. D: I missed a Stargate cosplay?! And a Raven cosplay?! *dies from shame*
Fetch
Show-off

Unexpected Cosplay

Post by Fetch »

[quote=Lathrine]
[quote=Otome-chan]
[/quote]
WHATNO. D: I missed a Stargate cosplay?! And a Raven cosplay?! *dies from shame*[/quote]

I know those SG:A cosplayers. They are good people.
They may be at Shore Leave (a sci-fi con in Maryland in July).
They will most likely be at NEFanX (sci-fi+anime+pop culture con in Boston in November).
BeaverBoy2
I'm new!

Unexpected Cosplay

Post by BeaverBoy2 »

Random_Otaku
Expert Poster

Unexpected Cosplay

Post by Random_Otaku »

Other Pedobear reporting in.
Sayako-chan
Veteran Poster

Unexpected Cosplay

Post by Sayako-chan »

[quote=Lathrine]The most unexpected for me was the Organization XIII soccer team, Candle Jack from Freakazoid, and Jareth the Goblin King. <333 I about DIED when I saw the Goblin King. :'D Completely, utterly made my weekend. I was ever lucky enough to see both of them. x3 The second one was talking, and I was just kinda hanging out waiting for him to finish talking/notice me and a friend of his loooked at me, tapped the Jareth on the shoulder, pointed at me and said "You have a fangirl." <3333

[quote=Otome-chan]
[/quote]
WHATNO. D: I missed a Stargate cosplay?! And a Raven cosplay?! *dies from shame*[/quote]

Aww...Poor Lathrine!
*Pats H-Ed*
Sayako-chan
Veteran Poster

Unexpected Cosplay

Post by Sayako-chan »

Is there something odd about the fact that I want to glomp Pedobear?
Random_Otaku
Expert Poster

Unexpected Cosplay

Post by Random_Otaku »

No, but please don't do it in such high numbers, lol. I'm pretty sure I got well over 100 random hugs, and people wanting pictures. I just hope PortCon is not as bad...I hope ><
Vivalaraab

Unexpected Cosplay

Post by Vivalaraab »

[quote=Mikuru3][quote=shad0wth3fall3n][quote=I Am Not Kira]I was suprised to recently learn there was a Dr.House I missed. *sad*[/quote]

Yes, Dr. House was very good, but my favorite unexpected cosplay had to be Dr. John Dorian from SCRUBS. I didn't even realize what he was cosplaying until someone asked for a photo and he started staring off into space! So good! ^_^
[/quote]

Why thank you :-)!!! i was the Dr. Dorian :-p. i wasnt exactly sure how well it was goin to go over, but surprisingly it got a lot of attention :-). I am glad people appreciated it :-p
Lover Of Deidara
Expert Poster

Unexpected Cosplay

Post by Lover Of Deidara »

I actually didn't expect Muraki to be there. The cosplayer went to Cosplay Chess.
2012:

Sagan Natsuo
Aoyagi Ritsuka (Potential)
Agatsuma Soubi (Teenage)
Hisoka Kurosaki
Yuri Lowell
Leon Magnus
nenie
Determined Poster

Unexpected Cosplay

Post by nenie »

Thunder Cats and Quail Man cosplays, i was like ahh nostalgia! lol
AB07 Aya from Super Gals
AB08 Bouquet from Blue Dragon & Kairi from KH2
AB09 Dawn from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
AB10 Pan from Dragon Ball GT
AB11 Mio Akiyama from K-On!
AB12 Talim from Soul Calibur 2
AB13 Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena
AB14 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Terra from Teen Titans
AB15 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Utena
AB16 Casey from Pokemon
AB17 Kiyone from Tenchi Muyo & Pokemon Go Trainer
AB18 Team Skull Grunt & Kiyone
YanYan1337

Unexpected Cosplay

Post by YanYan1337 »

Yea somone cosplayed as aku it was the defenition of BA lol

Lol quail man was pretty bad ass too lol he was on the T when i left i was surprised to see that even ppl that wernt at anime boston recognised him aha x]