Retro gaming

If it's a game that you plug into the wall or the game runs on batteries, you can find them inside this forum.
garfieldelric
Getting the hang of this...

Retro gaming

Post by garfieldelric »

Ya know, I was just wondering- do you guys have a retro gaming room? I know a few cons have them, why not you guys? Thanks.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Retro gaming

Post by Sayoria »

Nope, but as a retro fan, I would support the idea. I have seen as early as N64 systems myself, but never saw anything earlier.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Larcen Tyler
Experienced Poster

Retro gaming

Post by Larcen Tyler »

I've occasionally seen an NES and SNES around, but it's mostly modern systems.
reaper527
Determined Poster

Retro gaming

Post by reaper527 »

well, i guess n64 could qualify as retro now that handheld systems are leaps and bounds ahead of it, and are getting enhanced ports rather than crippled shovelware ports (and its 15 years old)

pretty soon, the n64 is going to be older than some of the con goers
"Asking cosplayers to walk through a metal detector is like asking Axl Rose to take a drug test." -Bluebeard45
Sayoria
AB Staff

Retro gaming

Post by Sayoria »

Yeah, but he is speaking of a "retro room" though.

Also, I myself still have a hard time saying the n64 is retro, since I grew up back with Atari. I would say, it is borderline moreso, atleast to me.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Phantom 1
Committed Poster

Retro gaming

Post by Phantom 1 »

Most recently, a lot of retro video game stores have been popping up around me. They contain everything from the Atari 2600 to the Sega CD. I was able to get a Game Boy Advanced SP for only $20.

It's probably too late, but AB should definitely consider it for next year.
DeMarcus
Committed Poster

Retro gaming

Post by DeMarcus »

For AB's gameroom we use at least 4 FC Twins that play both NES and SNES. A couple Genesis's among other classics all the way up to the present. If you don't see a system present, just ask we have almost every system all the way down to the Odyssey lol...

We usually don't see too many people playing on atari and gen one consoles though. Usually Snes and Nes are the exception of course.