Pro Row Application Clarifications

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
SailorAstera
Determined Poster

Pro Row Application Clarifications

Post by SailorAstera »

Hello! I have a few questions about the information presented on http://animeboston.com/artists/artists_alley_pro_row/ and anyone's time in response to these concerns would be helpful and appreciated. ♥

The site says Pro Row Apps open "Monday, October 6, 2018 at 5:00am ET" and close on "Monday, October 13, 2018"

October 6th and 13th are both Saturdays so I would be appreciative on clarification for those dates.

The page also states "In addition, Pro Row Application will no longer be on a first come, first served basis.
Henceforth, the Pro Row will be a Lottery system."

I was unaware Pro Row was previously FCFS as I thought that Pro Row had always been fully juried. Was this not the case?
Later in the page it also says, "Please be respectful of the Jury choices" so it's not entirely clear what the plan is for the process.
Any information to clarify these conflicts of information would be super great.

I'm getting my portfolio in shape! Thanks for your time. :D
~*Sarah*~
AdorkaBows | AdorkaStock

"In the name of the Moon, I will punish you!"
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Re: Pro Row Application Clarifications

Post by Nemra »

woops. Time to fix that. Thanks for the heads up! Pro Row has been juried in the past and will be juried this year as well.

As far as date confirmations, the ones I have are Oct 6 - 13th.
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

SailorAstera
Determined Poster

Post by SailorAstera »

Thank you for the clarification! I will pass this on to my AA friends. :) Will http://animeboston.com/artists/artists_alley/ also be getting updated with regular app info?

Also would love to hear more about the lottery process for the general sign ups. Will anyone who applied be randomly allowed in, or will there be any consideration for a balance of mediums or styles?
~*Sarah*~
AdorkaBows | AdorkaStock

TheDeedlit
AB Staff

Post by TheDeedlit »

It has been pointed out that the old FCFS method, was in effect a very stressful lottery. In that respect, all the lottery system does is extend the time period for applying. As far as is humanly possible we will try to get a good mix of styles and media.
Kathy Lawton
Artist Alley Manager 2018-2020
artistalley@animeboston.com
SailorAstera
Determined Poster

Post by SailorAstera »

Thanks, TheDeedlit! I've heard a few friends who have gotten their Pro Row acceptances last night so I will keep waiting for news. :)
~*Sarah*~
AdorkaBows | AdorkaStock