AA 2018

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
craftshley
Getting the hang of this...

AA 2018

Post by craftshley »

Since the forums are pretty inactive this time of year, I'm not sure if this will garner a response but...

When are AA signups for 2018? In past years, a date is posted at the beginning of September and then pro row happens in October, with regular signups in November. But there's no info anywhere. I've combed through all the AB social media and this forum but there is no info available. I asked via the contact us form on the AB website and on Twitter but have not received a response. It seems as though we are at least a month behind past schedules and this has me worried that the app will be happening much later than usual and so we won't know if we get into the AA until after Christmas or the new year. I'm also hoping that this doesn't mean that the app will go up with no warning.

I hope someone has an answer for me! Thank you :)
TheDeedlit
AB Staff

Re: AA 2018

Post by TheDeedlit »

Pro Row applications go live on 10/16 @ 6pm.

Standard applications will begin on 11/4.
Kathy Lawton
Artist Alley Manager 2018-2020
artistalley@animeboston.com
Meloria
Getting the hang of this...

Re: AA 2018

Post by Meloria »

So Applications opened, three hours go by where people are literally afraid to go to the bathroom, and then a tweet goes out that the window won't open until after 6. I'm kind of curious how it is that people think this "random time on a certain date" and FCFS work for AA Applications for this event? I'm applying for the first time and was told this was going to be an utter nightmare. My question is, what do we as a community, have to do to convince AA runners and coordinators that this method REALLY just doesn't work. Crashing the site and a free for all just make everyone stressed and angry.