At-con advice for artists?

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
Kogarashi
I'm Special!

At-con advice for artists?

Post by Kogarashi »

So I missed out on the last two years of AB due to not getting a table, so I don't know what might be different since the last time I was in AB's Alley (or at AB in general). So I'm looking for any tips that might be helpful either to an artist who missed a few years or, for those who are doing AB for the first time ever, new artists.

Specifically, will there be a separate check-in line for Artists (either Thursday night or Friday morning) at Registration?

And if there are bag checks again (as I heard there were previously?), will there be a separate line for artists or a way for artists to skip the big line somehow?

And if these were on the Artists' Alley info page, I somehow missed them.
ToriKat
I'm new!

Re: At-con advice for artists?

Post by ToriKat »

I don't know if anything is changing, but last year - my first time - there wasn't a separate line at badge pick ups. But the thing was, to my amazement, there was no line. There were so many booths to get your badge and no one waiting in line. If I recall right, I arrived about mid afternoon on Thursday. Just walked up, flashed ID, and they printed it out.

I'd never gone to a faster badge pick up ever.

At the Artist Alley, we did have to check into a table by the entrance to pick up the AA badge. Each person had to check in individually - you couldn't check in your assistant/table partners.

Starting Friday they had the security up to check bags, but we flashed our AA badges and got in through the line for those who had no bags.

Hope this helped. :)
My art tumblr
My twitter

AB Artist Alley 2015 Table W 93 ^_^
suza
AB Executive

Post by suza »

There aren't separate lines at Registration for picking up your convention badge. But as ToriKat mentioned, even if there IS a line (generally right around when we open for the day), we process people super quick (especially as you're pre-registered) so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Even less so if you get there on Thursday. Just have your ID out and ready to help move the process along. :)
Elisa Arteche
Anime Boston 2024 Director of Registration
Registration Staff 2008-2023
Kogarashi
I'm Special!

Post by Kogarashi »

Excellent.

I know about the table in the Alley itself where we check in, but I didn't know if there was a separate line in registration, so good to have that info now. And very nice to know that we should be able to get through the "no bags" line with our Alley badges (assuming Hynes security isn't being difficult again).
pulsedemon
Screw the rules, I have 5,000 posts!

Post by pulsedemon »

There's an entrance directly to Hall C from the Sheraton third floor. It'll be easiest to use that one to get to the Alley.
Christian Daly, Director, Exhibits Division, Anime Boston

Look out! It's my last.fm profile!
Kogarashi
I'm Special!

Post by Kogarashi »

pulsedemon wrote:There's an entrance directly to Hall C from the Sheraton third floor. It'll be easiest to use that one to get to the Alley.
Oh, definitely good to know. Thanks!