How long do AA signups typically stay up??

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
hygiei
Getting the hang of this...

How long do AA signups typically stay up??

Post by hygiei »

what should i expect in terms of how fast applications will close? I signed up for AAC a few months back, and was surprised when the signups were open for half a day after they were posted. Of course, that's a smaller con, so it was clearly going to be open for longer. However, what about AB? in your experience, has it stayed open for only like, 2 minutes, or is there at least a little time to get your stuff together and sign up if you didn't see it the second it opens??
thanks!!
Shattered-Earth
Experienced Poster

Re: How long do AA signups typically stay up??

Post by Shattered-Earth »

it's not really a matter of how long they stay up but how long it takes to fill up, the applications will stay up for a while but i would say the alley fills up in about a minute or two. If you don't have your stuff together and meandering in 30 minutes after it opens, you probably aren't getting a table even if the form is still live, sorry :(
Tuberat
AB Staff

Post by Tuberat »

We don't really take down the form because after the alley fills up, it serves as a catch for all waitlist folks. If i take it down, i'm inundated with emails for months before the con asking to get on the waitlist and it gets hard to keep track of them all properly.
Nikki O'Shea Bean
http://www.dragonpressgraphics.com
http://www.bardscomic.com

Artists Alley Manager 2008-2017
Artists Alley Co-Manager 2005-07
Attendee 2004
Artists Alley Accidental Volunteer 2003
hygiei
Getting the hang of this...

Post by hygiei »

thank you both so much for the response! I guess tomorrow will just be spent refreshing the AA page, haha.