Would you buy this?

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
Graceasaur
Experienced Poster

Would you buy this?

Post by Graceasaur »

My mom is going to set up a table at Artist Alley and she has what I thought was a pretty good idea on what to sell. We were going to make keychains that related to animes (think a mini Death Note and a apple on a Death Note keychain and Ciel's contract mark and a kitty for Kuroshitsuji, ect) and a few cutsie things, like cupcakes and small animals. We were thinking of selling the keychains for $2.

Would you buy something like this?

Also, I was wondering if people could give me a few ideas on things to make for different animes. :) I wish I had some pictures to show you guys... D:
Burnhym1
Determined Poster

Would you buy this?

Post by Burnhym1 »

I think people would definitely buy that stuff for $2.

people tend to buy little inexpensive things like that at cons more then splurge on big expensive stuff. :]
Cake_Nya
Obsessed Poster

Would you buy this?

Post by Cake_Nya »

I, personally, love keychains and would spend a bunch buying keychains I found that I liked.

If you could somehow manage to do something from Trinity Blood or Katekyo Hitman Reborn or even Prince of Tennis. I would definately buy those.
AB '13
Enjolras [Les Mis] with my fabulous group
MerchMaven
AB Staff

Would you buy this?

Post by MerchMaven »

My only concern is that all the series you listed have real, licensed keychains downstairs in the dealer's room. Yes, yours are going to be cheaper, but if I was a huge Deathnote fan, I'd think I'd gravitate more towards the 'real thing' than yours, unless yours was particularly cute or unusual. Without seeing how you're making these (beads? Clay? Shrinky-dinks?), I don't think anyone can make a judgment.

But I'd suggest you take a look at series with less merch available in the US. The marketplace would be less saturated, and the fans would be more willing to buy.
Kerry Walker
Anime Boston Merch Manager, 2006-2019
Anime Boston Security, 2004-2006
Natsuki5381
Getting the hang of this...

Would you buy this?

Post by Natsuki5381 »

I think it's a great idea! I love collecting little keychains from shows I like. If you managed to do something with Mai Hime/Mai Otome (especially with Natsuki and Shizuru involved lol) I would definitely buy them from you :)
xFantom
Experienced Poster

Would you buy this?

Post by xFantom »

Omg hi Grace xD
I'll definitely buy one :3
Past cosplays: Raven(Teen Titans), Road(DGM), Alois(Kuroshitsuji), Bel(KHR!), Madoka(PMMM), Kau(TnC), Mikasa(SnK), Aoba(DMMd)
DuckTapeBunny
AB Alumni

Would you buy this?

Post by DuckTapeBunny »

They definitely sell but you shouldn't relay on keychains only. I also am going to be selling sculpted charms and key chains in the AA this year as well as presumably many others. It's not so much getting people to buy them as it is getting people to buy yours over someone else's.