art auction?

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
Babs
Getting the hang of this...

art auction?

Post by Babs »

I've been navigating the site a while, and have not found anything about an art auction. I think there was a mention somewhere about one but it might have been in reference to a different con.

Does AB have an art auction? If so, where can I find information about it or past auctions?
Kogarashi
I'm Special!

art auction?

Post by Kogarashi »

There is an art show. It just looks like the info isn't on the site yet. When it goes up, you'll find it under Events, just like the Artists' Alley information.

For reference, here's last year's version of the Events page: Just above "Art Track"

If I recall, entries that get enough bids go to auction, but don't quote me on that. ;)
pulsedemon
Screw the rules, I have 5,000 posts!

art auction?

Post by pulsedemon »

Yeah, there's usually not a need for an auction. If it happens, Chris and Dan in the Art Show will be in touch with everyone to work it out and usually have an impromptu auction to resolve anything where a piece has a lot of bids.
Christian Daly, Director, Exhibits Division, Anime Boston

Look out! It's my last.fm profile!
Babs
Getting the hang of this...

art auction?

Post by Babs »

Thank you, I don't know how I missed that. I did mean art show instead of art auction- another result of being tired and doing too much reading, I guess.