~C'Lay La Vie~

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
okapirose
Determined Poster

~C'Lay La Vie~

Post by okapirose »

Hello! My name is Cat of C'Lay La Vie! C'lay La Vie is a two person polymer clay studio focusing on anime and video game fanart in the form of charms, magnets, pins, figurines, earrings, and more. For those who may or may not be familiar with us, I make polymer clay characters called Wobbles, as well as charms and character pendants called Miniz. My partner in crime in C'Lay La Vie is Dixxy, she makes polymer clay character heads called Chibi Heads as pins and magnets, and does charms as well.

After being waitlisted, we are delighted to announce that we will be attending Anime Boston 2011! This will be our third Anime Boston as C'Lay La Vie and when we know where we'll be located we'll let you know as well. We are also attending a small con called Queen City Kamikaze in February 2011. For both, look for the black sparkly tablecloth!

For our individual stuff, please check out our galleries on Deviant Art. For those wondering why there are no Etsy links even though we do crafty stuff, its up in the air mostly. If you think we should acquire ourselves an Etsy account, or you have expereince using one and can give us some tips, do speak up!

Commissions are open for the both of us! Please note us on DA for further info!

Cat: http://kitcat4056.deviantart.com/
Dixxy: http://dixxy.deviantart.com/

If you would like to keep up with our news a little better than checking the AB forum, please join our Group on deviantart! You can also find commission examples, our personal best works, as well as photos of our table at the more recent cons in the gallery.

C'Lay La Vie Group: http://claylavie.deviantart.com/

A new year means new characters, new charms, and so on.

Unfortunately there isn't room or time to make every character out there and we tend to stick to fandoms we know and enjoy personally (I love Hellsing while Dixxy loves One Piece). So if you're coming to the table looking for that obsecure character from that anime that was released a month ago in Japan, or a side character of a side character from that 200 episoded anime we have no time to watch, please commission us ahead of time to ensure you get what you really want.

Keep in mind that unlike 2D media, the design of the character matters in how much it will cost. For example, a Chibi Head version of Ikkaku from "Bleach" will be less than Yugi/Yami from "Yu-Gi-Oh!" due to the design of the hair (which as any anime fan should know, can get really crazy).

Same roughly applies for Wobbles. If the character only wears a plain shirt, pants and has simple one color hair, he's going to be a lot less than say Sesshomaru from "InuYasha" (who wears probably the most clothing and accessories than any other anime character). Though for both, you do have the choice of how much detail you wish to have on them, but for all there is a minimum and maximum for each.

Commission Convention Pick Ups.
To help you save on shipping, and us a trip to the post office, you can commission us anytime before the cut off date (undecided yet) and we'll have your commission ready and waiting for you at the convention (in this case Queen City Kamikaze or Anime Boston). We have different ways of doing it, I ask that you pay in advance while Dixxy asks for the money when you come to pick up your commission. Either way, you'll be saving on shipping, and hassle, and you'll already have something waiting for you when you arrive at the con C:

In the past, as some of you may know, Dixxy has done "at con commissions" - meaning she has taken orders for Chibi Heads to be made, baked, AND picked up during the same weekend. Due to a switch in materials, the amount of baggage this requires, and time, Dixxy is no longer offering on-site commissions for Anime Boston - this will also not be available for QCK due to its one day nature. However, this option WILL BE available at Another Anime Convention provided we acquire a table :)

We're always looking for input. From fandom suggestions to maybe more of a variety of what we can offer or things we may not have thought up yet, we are open for ideas!

That about wraps it up! Thanks for reading and hope to hear from you!
okapirose
Determined Poster

~C'Lay La Vie~

Post by okapirose »

C'Lay La Vie has recently returned from a little convention in Manchester, NH called "Queen City Kamikaze". It was a one day convention and at first glance it was like "its in a school?! what sort of business are we gonna get?! *insert panic mode here*" BUT it was basically free and we had a spifftastic time and hope to go back next year C:

The small but good atmosphere QCK provided also let us figure out what we should do for Anime Boston since we're always changing and revamping our stuff for better ends.

For my part, Wobbles (the polymer clay figures that I do) will be from now going through cycles of different characters to help satisfy everyone's character taste a little better instead of the same thing year after year. It will also give me the chance to expand what characters I do and take a break from (if only temporarily from) characters I've been doing since the beginning (Kingdom Hearts' Org. 13 cast) So instead of making say 3-5 of one character, I'll be making 1-2 of each instead, so that when they sell out I can either replace them with an updated version faster, or pick another character from the same fandom.

For example, say I have Ed, Al, Envy, Hughes and Mustang from "Fullmetal Alchemist" and Hughes and Edward sell out. I can then make different characters from FMA, perhaps Scar and Lust or Havoc and Hawkeye.

"But why can't you have the full cast of FMA?" Oh believe me I would LOVE to do every character out there for every fandom, but like any other artist, I am only human and thus can't make them all, not to mention the display I have for them now, and for the forseeable future, can only hold so many.

As such, pushing pick-up at the convention commissions are more highly encouraged. While some favorites may linger for each con (alien/xenomorphs, Alucard, etc) the majorty of others may go poof at one time or another.

There are some fandoms however I personally won't be bringing to a con unless its commissoned. Its personal taste and obviously if I haven't seen the fandom, I'm not going to pull half a dozen characters out from it just because its the new thing. Vocaloid, Dragon Ball(Z or otherwise), and Black Butler are a few. These characters you'll only see if you commission me or if I end up seeing them (which is unlikly at this time because I'm back-logged on several other fandoms XD So much to see so little time).

Blabbed enough methinks so will part by saying commissions in general are open and pick-up at Anime Boston commissions are open until April 9th Information and how many slots are open are located here: http://kitcat4056.deviantart.com/journal/35304652/

Thank you!
~Cat
Dixxy
Getting the hang of this...

~C'Lay La Vie~

Post by Dixxy »

Hi everybody, this is Dixxy, the other half of the dynamic duo.

Before we go any further, here's my deviantART:

http://dixxy.deviantart.com

Now that you've seen all those freakin' sweet clay heads you're probably wondering what they're for. The answer is simple: pins OR magnets.

That's right, OR. When I go to a convention the Chibi Heads are stored as just that - heads - without anything attached to the back at all. Then someone decides to purchase one they get to choose if they want it to be a pin or a magnet, at which point we use Glue Technology to attach the desired backing to the Chibi Head and VOILA! It's ready to stick to your fridge/locker/shirt/cork board/etc.

Similar to Cat, I've also dabbled in the realm of charms and I've JUST started work on keychains, premade jewelry, and work with a polymer clay technique called millefiori (which is where you make "logs" of clay that, when you slice the log, all of the pieces have the same picture or design on it).

Commissions: Anyone who's familiar with C'lay La Vie knows that I used to bring raw clay to the convention with me to make at convention commissions happen. As of the start of the 2011 convention season, this is no longer the case (with the exception of Another Anime Con since that con is very close to my house). So, if you want a Chibi Head that I don't normally do or want to ensure that you have someone popular (like the Crona/Ragnarok combo or Hikaru from Ouran High School Host Club) send me a note on DA or drop a line here and we'll make that happen for you :) Besides, that way I'll have plenty of time to get it done, get it done right, and make it all shiny with glaze.

Although Cat's giving you guys until April 9 to get commissions in, I'm only going to keep it open until April 2 for now but depending how things look closer to the deadline I may close earlier or later.

See you guys at Anime Boston!
SailorAstera
Determined Poster

~C'Lay La Vie~

Post by SailorAstera »

Just wanted to say that it was great to see you at QCK and I love my Luna Earrings. :D
~*Sarah*~
AdorkaBows | AdorkaStock

"In the name of the Moon, I will punish you!"
Dixxy

~C'Lay La Vie~

Post by Dixxy »

You're very welcome :)
Dixxy

~C'Lay La Vie~

Post by Dixxy »

Hi guys, Dixxy here. Due to the volume of commissions I have commissions will be closed by March 25, 2011 but if a lot of small commissions or one big commission comes my way in the next few days they will close even earlier! I will post here when commissions close.

http://dixxy.deviantart.com/journal/39095275/

Current commission guidelines.
okapirose
Determined Poster

~C'Lay La Vie~

Post by okapirose »

Cat here!

Commissions and pick-up @ con commissions are still wide open until April 9th!

Please read commission information here http://kitcat4056.deviantart.com/journal/35304652/ and note me on DA or PM me here if you wish to commission me!

Thanks!
Dixxy

~C'Lay La Vie~

Post by Dixxy »

Hey guys, commissions for me (Dixxy) are now officially closed but Cat's still accepting commissions through April 9!
okapirose
Determined Poster

~C'Lay La Vie~

Post by okapirose »

[color:red]THIS IS THE LAST WEEK I'M ABLE TO ACCEPT PICK-UP COMMISSIONS, PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP IF YOU"RE INTERESTED.[/color]

I also have 6 cake necklace/earring combos up for sale, discounted from what they will be at the con, all one-of-a-kind, grab them while you can!

Commission information: http://kitcat4056.deviantart.com/journal/35304652/

Cakes available: http://kitcat4056.deviantart.com/journa ... /#comments