Registration Error?

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
ghostfire
Getting the hang of this...

Registration Error?

Post by ghostfire »

I got the confirmation email at 10:31PM on Sunday, so I'm well within the 72 hours. When I got through most of the registration, I got this error:

http://www.ghostfire.net/temp/animebostonerror.gif

I only tried for the 6ft that I was allotted, but now I can't go forward. :(
Burnhym1
Determined Poster

Registration Error?

Post by Burnhym1 »

thats not an error, atleast the page you are showing is not. just pick the amount you choose before(6ft), not over. then press continue
ghostfire

Registration Error?

Post by ghostfire »

Instead of a tic box next to 6 feet, it says FULL. It's not possible to go forward.
Burnhym1
Determined Poster

Registration Error?

Post by Burnhym1 »

well if i was you, i'd contact nikki then. the 6ft spaces might be all full by now and if u put 4ft as your min then that's probably what they gave you..
ghostfire

Registration Error?

Post by ghostfire »

No, 6 feet was my minimum and what I was listed as being given in my confirmation email. I was hoping that one or more of the mods might be around currently, since I suspect this registration will time out at any moment.
Burnhym1
Determined Poster

Registration Error?

Post by Burnhym1 »

just e-mail nikki. you can reply to the confirmation she sent you. if its an error they will give you more time because it wouldn't be your fault

cuz when i had payment problems they said, for example: if it takes 3 days to get it worked out then i get extra time.
Tuberat
AB Staff

Registration Error?

Post by Tuberat »

There is a PROBLEM - EL's page put a cap on the alloted table sizes (instead of total number of spaces) because they misunderstood something i had said last year.

i'm trying to get it fixed. I only found out about it about 2am this morning.

from this point forward - anyone who runs into that problem SHOULD STOP - and email me so i know who has been affected
Nikki O'Shea Bean
http://www.dragonpressgraphics.com
http://www.bardscomic.com

Artists Alley Manager 2008-2017
Artists Alley Co-Manager 2005-07
Attendee 2004
Artists Alley Accidental Volunteer 2003
Tuberat
AB Staff

Registration Error?

Post by Tuberat »

[color:red]THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN FIXED!!![/color]

Nikki O'Shea Bean
http://www.dragonpressgraphics.com
http://www.bardscomic.com

Artists Alley Manager 2008-2017
Artists Alley Co-Manager 2005-07
Attendee 2004
Artists Alley Accidental Volunteer 2003
TwinEnigma
Determined Poster

Registration Error?

Post by TwinEnigma »

Hi, Nikki.

I've got a question. I've been pulling some insane shifts at work and I only just got the email and put through payment tonight. It went through, but I'm not sure if it's still kosher on your end - I saw the 72 hour thing and freaked.

If you could shoot me a message back, that'd be awesome.
TwinEnigma
Determined Poster

Registration Error?

Post by TwinEnigma »

Oops, sorry for the double post - didn't realize my parental unit was on top of it and everything was already handled!

Thanks for clearing that up!
Faceman
AB Executive

Registration Error?

Post by Faceman »

[quote=TwinEnigma]I've got a question. I've been pulling some insane shifts at work and I only just got the email and put through payment tonight. It went through, but I'm not sure if it's still kosher on your end - I saw the 72 hour thing and freaked.
[/quote]

Just to answer your question, the 72 hour limit is not an automatic thing. Nikki goes in herself after the time limit has expired (she usually give a little leeway - not the exact second it's over) and changed the registration to canceled.

If you missed the 72 hour window, when you would try to log into the AA Reg section, you'd get a message it has been canceled and wouldn't be able to proceed. If your login was fine and you entered your information, then you're all good as far as that goes. :D
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
Starsan
Experienced Poster

Registration Error?

Post by Starsan »

I'm having issues myself, I did all the signup, and I finished mine okay, however when I tried to do my fiances normally, I went through the regular anime boston site, I ahd no indication of an artist alley booth, yet in his reciept, he was charged the full artist alley charge, for a table and his badge! I'm out almost $60! I'm really hoping it gets fixed, he doesn't have that much in the bank!
Faceman
AB Executive

Registration Error?

Post by Faceman »

Please email Nikki directly regarding this, if you haven't already.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
Starsan
Experienced Poster

Registration Error?

Post by Starsan »

i did :)
TwinEnigma
Determined Poster

Registration Error?

Post by TwinEnigma »

Oh no, it was all taken care of, Faceman. It was my error. I was just reading the wrong thing and thought there'd been an error like last year.

Basically, long shift + dead tired + not checking phone messages first = recipe for panicked artist who really didn't need to be panicked at all.