Hats for Ball-Jointed Dolls?

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
Katiesaurus
Experienced Poster

Post by Katiesaurus »

Assuming we get in, a friend of mine is knitting/crocheting hats to sell at our table.
And after asking them to make one for my BJD, they're considering making a couple to sell.

So, I have two questions:
Would anyone be willing to buy these?

And does anyone know the average size for the head of a BJD? I have a pukipuki, and they're only about 4-5 inches big.

EDIT
Sample
Burnhym1
Determined Poster

Post by Burnhym1 »

i think before anyone can really answer u need to show some examples of what they will look like.
Kogarashi
I'm Special!

Post by Kogarashi »

There's a decent chance they could sell. I don't sell BJD accessories myself, but I've seen other people sell cosplay accessories and costumes for the dolls. It could work, especially if you post photo samples on here of what they would look like.

As for head size, have you tried looking on some of the BJD sites online for measurements? I don't know if they give hat-appropriate measurements there, but it's worth a shot.
Katiesaurus
Experienced Poster

Post by Katiesaurus »

I'm pretty sure they've only made the one for me so far. Which looks like this.

I admit I half-heartedly looked on the site I got my doll from, but couldn't find anything. I'll try again, because I know there were some measurements on there somewhere.
Miyu chan
AB Alumni

Post by Miyu chan »

I'd recommend, if they are serious about making BJD hats, to ask around on Den of Angels for head sizes. I'd buy one if they were cute enough and the right size for my doll.
Amy Caluori
Formal Dance Coordinator 2010-2018
Press Liaison 2014-2015
Formal Dance Staff 2007-2009
TableMonkey
Getting the hang of this...

Post by TableMonkey »

XD Katieeee bad sample is baaadddd!! <3 but thank you.