Conventional Combat Cards: 2011

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
Delicious Orange
Experienced Poster

Post by Delicious Orange »

Well since Phase 2 emails are going out at the moment (and I'm stuck on the waiting list) I figure it's a good time to start gauging interest in seeing Conventional Combat Cards return for a 3rd year. Last year saw the cards get a revamped design and we also had an incredible collection of cards submitted around the alley. I know I had a great time giving them out and had a bunch of extra table traffic because of it.

Don't know what Conventional Combat Cards are? Click here!

What experiences did everyone else have with the CCCs last year?

What improvements do you think could be made to the cards or to the game itself this year?

Finally, and most importantly, would you want to make a CCC this year (either again or for the first time)?
---------------------------------
Delicious Orange Art
Kogarashi
I'm Special!

Post by Kogarashi »

I would love to make one for the first time this year, especially if people were actually collecting them last year. I didn't know if they were, since no one asked me if I had any.

We still get the little signs advertising the fact that we have Combat Cards, don't we?

My biggest question for the artists who did this (aside from how "in-demand" they were) was how much did you charge for the cards if you sold them instead of giving them away?
Tuberat
AB Staff

Post by Tuberat »

i charged 1.oo each, or gave the set free with large purchases. we dont' get signs for our tables - we made our own, but flyers were handed out to people in various locations which had our table numberson them as a checklist.

though ian - you need to talk to chris. i think he may want to table the CCC in the looks of something grander - but if there is enough intrest, you might convince him to do both.

we briefly talked about it a month or so back so i'll have to get back in touch with him.
Nikki O'Shea Bean
http://www.dragonpressgraphics.com
http://www.bardscomic.com

Artists Alley Manager 2008-2017
Artists Alley Co-Manager 2005-07
Attendee 2004
Artists Alley Accidental Volunteer 2003
Delicious Orange
Experienced Poster

Post by Delicious Orange »

I'm all for the sound of "something grander". I'll try to get in touch with him via AIM.
As for the cards; I had two designs, one that I gave away and one that I included with all purchases (or to anyone who could beat me in a game). Also, people didn't need to ask if you had cards because the collectors list told them where to find all the cards.
---------------------------------
Delicious Orange Art
Kogarashi
I'm Special!

Post by Kogarashi »

[quote=Delicious Orange]I'm all for the sound of "something grander". I'll try to get in touch with him via AIM.
As for the cards; I had two designs, one that I gave away and one that I included with all purchases (or to anyone who could beat me in a game). Also, people didn't need to ask if you had cards because the collectors list told them where to find all the cards.[/quote]

Ah, good to know about the collectors list, and that would explain why I didn't get asked this year when I had at least one person ask the first year.

Count me curious about "something grander." :D
Babs
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Babs »

I would definitely be interested in making a conventional combat card or two to sell/pass out for the game. Its something new to me and I'm always up for trying new things! I would also be interested in the "something grander" if that were to pass as well.
freezeex
Experienced Poster

Post by freezeex »

I saw the CCC selling last year, but I never get a chance to know about it. If I have a chance, I would be very interested to make a CCC for the first time.
Count me in if the CCC for 2011 is back~
yokoshimakitsune
I'm new!

Post by yokoshimakitsune »

This sounds like a really awesome idea! Although this will be my first AB, let alone being in the artist alley so I'm not sure what to expect...
Is this something where soon a template for the cards will be uploaded and the artist's can have at it and send it back to the staff to have them printed? I'm more of a digital artist more than anything these days...