Question about displaying stuff...

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
Briannah
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Briannah »

Hi. So, my friend and I were talking about sharing a table at AB '11, and we were trying to figure out how to display our respective wares. I will hopefully be selling normal, on-paper art, and she will hopefully be selling clothing items - bloomers and such. As well as big, fluffy skirts (not so big that we encroach on other people's space, though). I was wondering how much space we might need, and how we would go about displaying them.

Thank you!
Tuberat
AB Staff

Post by Tuberat »

Your fellow artists who display clothes will probably be able to help you out more, BUT, this handy dandy little thing may help you get a starting idea:

FAQ #13- What size table space should i get?
Nikki O'Shea Bean
http://www.dragonpressgraphics.com
http://www.bardscomic.com

Artists Alley Manager 2008-2017
Artists Alley Co-Manager 2005-07
Attendee 2004
Artists Alley Accidental Volunteer 2003
Kogarashi
I'm Special!

Post by Kogarashi »

Flat art rarely needs more than space for a binder showcasing your portfolio/wares, and a vertical display or two to put the really eye-grabbing pieces on. If this is your first con, two feet should be plenty for that. You can use wire cubes or pvc pipe to make yourself a vertical display for your art, but first and foremost make sure it is stable. You can see wire cubes in the picture Nikki linked, at either end of the table.

As for your friend, it depends on what sort of display rack she plans on using. Clothing racks are best on the floor, meaning you'll want to ask to be put at the end of a row, preferrably in one of the room's corners so her rack can be out of the way but on the floor rather than the table. You may want an additional two feet of space for anything small she can put on the table, and to justify taking up floor space with a clothing rack.

Having never sold clothes before, I can't give more specific suggestions on what exactly to use as a clothing rack, however.