Question on the use of bringing in buyers

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
Kou_Cross
I'm new!

Post by Kou_Cross »

I did a bit of checking before, and so far, I haven't found any specific rule saying otherwise, but I wanted to make sure.
Would it be against the rules to actually have an assistant of mine go around the convention and try to get people to check out our table...?
I probably wouldn't let them hand out fliers, because some people might just throw them on the floor or something, and that's bad for the future of the convention....plus that costs money. ._.
Or better yet, could they carry around a giant sign saying something like: "Hey, read this preview from [blank] in the Artist Alley."
I figured, as long as they don't make a mess and don't bother too many people, it should be alright...?
pulsedemon
Screw the rules, I have 5,000 posts!

Post by pulsedemon »

So long as they're not holding a sign or standing/walking around yelling, it's probably cool (provided they don't end up creeping people out). It's kind of harder that way, though - you'd have to find someone to go around making the cold-sell on random strangers.
Christian Daly, Director, Exhibits Division, Anime Boston

Look out! It's my last.fm profile!
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

Maybe it would work to have them carrying around small examples of your work? Pins or something? I don't know what the rules are concerning selling anything OUTSIDE of the Artist's Alley if you are already a "vendor".... but even if they can't sell the pins or small prints or whatever, they could still show them around.
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."