Monty Oum's Dead Fantasy stuff

Discuss all of Anime Boston's video programming here...except music videos which have their own forum.
Min
I'm new!

Post by Min »

I just caught a glimpse of what looked to be Monty Oum's next Dead Fantasy project (started as parody of FF8 opening, then had Yuna vs. Kasumis. Then a longer clip of Tifa getting beaten up by a bunch of ninja while Hayate was watching) while waiting for the closing ceremonies to begin.

Could anyone tell me what the story was with that? I couldn't find any references to Monty Oum releasing it at Anime Boston this year, and the Dead Fantasy videos I can find online are still just the 1 and 2. Did he decide to show us a glimpse of his stuff before official release, whenever that might be?
Jezzy
Expert Poster

Post by Jezzy »

It was shown at the end of the AMV Contest on Friday night. They are just sneak peeks, since the work is unfinished (aka, you could see some colored bands on the girls' joints and such). It will not be officially released until July IIRC. And it was asked that no one film the showing, so you shouldn't be finding it on Youtube until then.