Places to show original anime?

Discuss all of Anime Boston's video programming here...except music videos which have their own forum.
Hyunster
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Hyunster »

I have finished an original fan/parody anime called Manga Wars! (formerly Azumanga Wars, the title changed to avoid possible trademark violation.) You can see the trailer here:
youtube trailer

The finished movie is about 3 min 30 seconds long. I submitted the finished piece to the official Starwars fanfilm contest. While I will be releasing it on youtube and other online venues shortly, I wonder if people can suggest me ways for me to show this on offline events. Very few conventions seem to have official channels or contact info for submitting something like this. I would be open to any suggestion from conventions to film festivals (although very few are allowed to accept fanfilms of dubious copyright status, I understand) or even informal parties and gatherings.

Thank you.

ShadowWolf
Committed Poster

Post by ShadowWolf »

There are certainly many ways you could have showings of your video, though the concern is legalities. If you have a warehouse, town hall, movie theatre ask about the cost of renting it. Then advertise. This will surely bring in people, and you will be able to have your own viewing fan club.

That's probably the most I can give you, otherwise it's probably copyright infringement.