Suggestion to improve screenings

Discuss all of Anime Boston's video programming here...except music videos which have their own forum.
SSAtom
I'm new!

Post by SSAtom »

I am sorry to bring up this question so late, and I assume it has been discussed in the past, but I have long wondered why the screens in the video rooms are not slightly canted forward? I often see people struggling to find a comfortable position from which they can see the subtitles, and I solution I have seen used at industrial shows is to pitch the screens slightly forward from the top. For example, relatively small screen, say 5-feet (60inches) would only require about a 5-inch tilting from the top to achieve a five degrees pitch forward. The projector, at something like 10 or 15-feet from the screen, would only have to be tilted up about 2 so degrees to compensate, thus raising the subtitles by about half a head, but without inducing object distortion. Larger screens with projectors further back would require even less adjustments to obtain beneficial results.
Is this an impractical suggestion. Thank you for you responses
diz
AB Staff

Post by diz »

Hi, I'm the video programming manager. I'll float this by tech to see what they think about this for next year.
Suwada
Veteran Poster

Post by Death »

good suggestion maybe they can like make a building in some town in the future where the conventions can actually have videos like an omni theater to see it with the "wider" view kinda like in the science museam
The_Finn
AB Staff

Post by The_Finn »

[quote=Death]good suggestion maybe they can like make a building in some town in the future where the conventions can actually have videos like an omni theater to see it with the "wider" view kinda like in the science museam[/quote]

i realize this is OT and i am not offering anything to the conversation but....

Paprika at an OMNI thearter.... HOLY CRAP that would be SOOOOOOOO AMAZING
Adam Loehmann
Anime Boston Security: 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
PAC Security: That one time
Nerd Camp: Kitchen Team Alpha

I'm what goes bump in the night
Death
Veteran Poster

Post by Death »

[quote=The_Finn][quote=Death]good suggestion maybe they can like make a building in some town in the future where the conventions can actually have videos like an omni theater to see it with the "wider" view kinda like in the science museam[/quote]

i realize this is OT and i am not offering anything to the conversation but....

Paprika at an OMNI thearter.... HOLY CRAP that would be SOOOOOOOO AMAZING
[/quote]
hehehe that is funny
CircleNine
Experienced Poster

Post by CircleNine »

Is it only me, or does the Omni Theater give huge headaches. I was watching this cool anatomical movie there but I left with a headache. Ouuch!
Death
Veteran Poster

Post by Death »

its probably cuz ur not used to seeing things in the view that takes up ur whole eye sight i mean i does almost go 180* but a li'l less ya know
batou2501
I'm new!

Post by batou2501 »

I'm tall, but I found in a lot of the rooms that it was hard to see the bottom of the screen with all the people in front of me. At the same time there was about 5-8' of room to show the picture up higher on the wall. Next year, aim the projectors up a little higher.
Death
Veteran Poster

Post by Death »

hmmm sounds good