Anime I'd like to see at AB 2015

Discuss all of Anime Boston's video programming here...except music videos which have their own forum.
casper in the shell
Getting the hang of this...

Anime I'd like to see at AB 2015

Post by casper in the shell »

I posted this under the Schedule thread. Should have done this first. Whadda want? I'm old!

This is an old man making a plea. I've been lucky enough to attend every AB since 2005 and have been dying to see some classics on the big screen. If any videos end up changing / cancelling could there be a Macross Plus Movie Edition or the Full OVA screening? I'd really enjoy seeing that on a larger screen with blasting sound. Plus, people would get an introduction to a phenomenal series. The full OVA would be a blast, never seen the blu-ray version.....legally..... In short, any Macross would be appreciated. Other dream viewings: GitS (movie, series, Innocence, it's all good) and Ninja Scroll (movie only please). I look forward to the possibility. Thank you to the AB staff for making this hapenny every year.

"Dedicated to you, our future pioneers." -Macross Plus ending credits                  
AbZeroNow
Expert Poster

Re: Anime I'd like to see at AB 2015

Post by AbZeroNow »

Your passionate plea finally convinced me to actually watch the Manga Entertainment DVD collection of Macross Plus. Bryan Cranston and Richard Epcar really sell the story as Isamu and Guld. Interestingly enough, I picked up Macross Plus from the Dealer's Room 3 years ago when Daryl Surat suggested to me that I ought to check it out.

I also just learned about the Macross Frontier Movies Blu-ray Box that came out about a year ago that had English subtitles. I may have to consider an import of that now.
Anime Boston attendee since 2011.
casper in the shell
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Anime I'd like to see at AB 2015

Post by casper in the shell »

AbZeroNow wrote:Your passionate plea finally convinced me to actually watch the Manga Entertainment DVD collection of Macross Plus. Bryan Cranston and Richard Epcar really sell the story as Isamu and Guld. Interestingly enough, I picked up Macross Plus from the Dealer's Room 3 years ago when Daryl Surat suggested to me that I ought to check it out.

I also just learned about the Macross Frontier Movies Blu-ray Box that came out about a year ago that had English subtitles. I may have to consider an import of that now.
This was one of the reasons, to introduce people to a great franchise. Thanks for taking Daryls advice and grabbing a copy & hearing me out. Macross Plus is a top 5 for me. It's not too long or dragged out, the story/animation style/voice acting (dub and sub)/music, all around it is near flawless (IMO). I hope you enjoy it after all the hype.

There is a ton of Macross out there, only problem is the states will never see a release. Here is a clip from Macross Zero featuring some back story of a main protagonist (Roy Fokker) from the original Macross SDF series. Seeing the valk transform is always a good time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZR_lGjtIHM

This is a great panel that has been going strong for a few years now http://www.animeboston.com/coninfo/schedule_panel/1616