2011 Anime Round Whatever

Discuss all of Anime Boston's video programming here...except music videos which have their own forum.
ShadowAgent
AB Alumni

Post by ShadowAgent »

Hi All,

Since our schedule is now up for public view, my round announcements are kind of moot.

Please, Please, Please check the scheduling often. As you may know, schedules can change often. Although I do not forsee any major changes to the video schedule, there may be some shifting around. Any assassination attempts, please hold them off until after the con.. :p
Michael Ray

Master Scheduler 2015
Director of Programming 2013-2014

Video Programming Manager 2010-2012
Prog Ops Staff 2009
Podcast Manager 2008
Karaoke Manager 2003-2007
Nora Kisaragi
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Nora Kisaragi »

Sorry about the buzzkill this year! But, this schedule is really great.

Next time, you could try to pace the announcements quicker and beat the schedule before its posted!~

Awesome lineup, someone neeeds a prrromotion!
amkaron

Post by amkaron »

Now, I have to make a decision.

I did request the Garden of Sinners movies, and I appreciate the early evening screening time-- however, those 2 movie adaptations of the first 2 chapters go up against the Mari Iijima "live" concert. I really wanted to go to both events, and I hate to pit one against the other, but what can I do-- everyone has to make these choices at any anime convention.

Decisions-- decisions-- if I go see the 2 movies, I miss the concert-- but I now feel obligated to attend the screenings since I requested to see them as official screenings.

Thanks for the vast variety of video programming, though. In general, I think that most people will be satisfied with the lineup.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

[quote=amkaron]Now, I have to make a decision.

I did request the Garden of Sinners movies, and I appreciate the early evening screening time-- however, those 2 movie adaptations of the first 2 chapters go up against the Mari Iijima "live" concert. I really wanted to go to both events, and I hate to pit one against the other, but what can I do-- everyone has to make these choices at any anime convention.

Decisions-- decisions-- if I go see the 2 movies, I miss the concert-- but I now feel obligated to attend the screenings since I requested to see them as official screenings.

Thanks for the vast variety of video programming, though. In general, I think that most people will be satisfied with the lineup.[/quote]

That is the thing though. Wouldn't be Anime Boston if schedules didn't clash. :P...

I would say go to the Concert, because if you really want to, you might not ever get another chance to.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
ShadowAgent
AB Alumni

Post by ShadowAgent »

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

The name of the game we, as staffers, have to balance the best we can offer and still offer valued alternatives in all our programming. Sometimes this may mean a hard decision between attending one event over another. We just have so much good stuff that we would have a week long convention if we put all the cool stuff end-to-end. ;) Regardless of that hard decision, we strive that you guys have a great time either way.
Michael Ray

Master Scheduler 2015

Prog Ops Staff 2009
Podcast Manager 2008
amkaron

Post by amkaron »

True, this may be the only time that Mari Iijima performs live in Boston, but who knows if Aniplex will ever release a more economic version of the movie set of Kara no Kyoukai in the US? The $400 that Aniplex was asking US customers to pay for the Blu-Ray movie set priced me out of the market-- and I don't own a Blu-Ray player to start with. Aniplex USA is also having a very hard time getting theaters in the US to screen Kara no Kyoukai-- there is no guarantee that the Brattle Theater in Cambridge, MA will screen the movies this year, or whether or not another theater or library locally will be able to screen Garden of Sinners in a legal setting. I don't want to use illegal streaming sites to watch these movies. Also, don't ask me to order the R2 DVDs from Japan-- they don't have English subtitles, and I can't afford the price-- the exchange rate also prevents a lot of import orders as well due to the weak US dollar vs the Japanese yen.

Mari Iijima would have been perfect in Providence in 2008 as well, but the financial collapse prevented a lot of out-of-towners from travelling to Rhode Island for the 21+ convention. The relative lack of advertising didn't help either-- who knows if a 21+ anime convention will ever happen in New England again?

Just a lot of those factors that are weighing in the decision. If I'm assured that I can see the Garden of Sinners movie series at the Brattle Theater this year, then the decision will be made a lot easier.
hamstar138
AB Staff

Post by hamstar138 »

I must agree with the Yukito thing though. Kara no Kyoukai will probably show next year since it is such a big sit. As for the DVD release there will so much more of a demand that more dvds should be produced to come out.
Marija Corriveau - Anime Boston Fan Creations Co-Coordinator 2023 - 2024
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff 2018 - 2022

~AMV Maker~

Anime Boston 2016 Trailer Winner - The Little Prince Returns
Anime Boston 2017 Editor's Choice, Judge's Choice & Best In Show - Timeless
Anime Boston 2020 Upbeat Winner - Harubaru
Anime Boston 2022 Editor's Choice - When Life Gives You Kaworu
ShadowAgent
AB Alumni

Post by ShadowAgent »

If there is still an interest next year, we will continue showing it. Granted different chapters to mix things up.
Michael Ray

Master Scheduler 2015

Prog Ops Staff 2009
Podcast Manager 2008