Favorite Staffer Memories

This forum is dedicated to sharing stories, photos, and other discussion related to Anime Boston 2008.
tokotoko
Getting the hang of this...

Post by tokotoko »

I just wanted to share some nice staffer memories I have from this con and see if anyone else had some good ones. Positive, please?

-One of the guest staffers went out and pulled Brad Swalie back into the autograph room by his ear in a very comical manor. That certainly made my night!
-Another autograph staffer was dancing for the line at the Aaron Dismuke signing. It kept us quite entertained while we waited.
-And the best for last: I lost my driver's license in the Dealer's Room. One of the sellers asked me for it when I was using my credit card. He was very busy, and I was too dumb to realize he hadn't given it back. Flash forward several hours later--my friends and I were going to an 18+ showing and were getting out our IDs when I realized I didn't have it! I ran down to the Lost and Found in the Security Room in a panic. After waiting for just a moment, the staffers delivered! The had it and sent me happily on my way.

Thanks to these staffers and all the ones who worked the con. They have a hard job, and I appreciate that they could be in a good enough mood to leave me with some nice memories.
Archimer
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Archimer »

I meant to make a topic about this earlier-- Being staff at a big convention like Boston is a largely thankless job. I'm very grateful that we have such awesome people willing to volunteer to put this event on for us. Without staff, there would be no AnimeBoston!

As far as moments go: Some of the staff I ran into were very animated, much like the person you saw dancing. It must be difficult to keep up that kind of energy. Thanks, guys!
NobodyNamine
Experienced Poster

Post by NobodyNamine »

Just one really big thing.

- I was freaking because I lost my badge somewhere. I was almost literally in tears mostly because I didn't know if I would have to repurchase one or what, and my friends told me that they had checked with lost and found and they hadn't gotten anything.

So my friend's mom was going to let me use her's just to be able to get into the dance. So before we went to leave back to the hotel to change, I wanted to check the lost and found one more time. Well, I did, and the staffers had it - I guess someone brought it in right after my friends had left. And he was very nice and a bit comical about the whole thing, so that was awesome. :D

There were other things too, but that one-small-incident-I-made-into-a-huge-story was the best.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Well, all had to be with Jeff Quinlan (Xenocrisis on here).

While I don't have much about the rest of them, I did go there in hopes to seeing him, since we have chatted pre-con. The first intention was to have him see my friend dressed as Minagi Tohno from Air TV. After anime name that tune, we were walking on our way to Con Ops to see if he was there. As we went to turn out of Ballroom A-C's hall, an AB staff member came to take her picture. It took me a bit, but I looked at his tag, and saw it said Jeff, so I walked over, and stood beside him and said "So, you saved us the trouble of looking for you, huh?" Haha.

Ever since then, I would see him around the con on Friday and Saturday popping up like Fuko from Clannad saving the day, such as the info on the Dealers room, and when I lost my group infront of the main events. Good times, good times, haha.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024