Thank every god in the world for the DS and Pictochat

This forum is dedicated to sharing stories, photos, and other discussion related to Anime Boston 2008.
Seer
Experienced Poster

Post by Seer »

Amirite? Made lines and some events a tolerable and even exciting experience. And I couldn't help but notice dozens of DS (and PSPs although poo poo on you and your anti-community devices) whenever I walked along the various lines.

And that brings me to the main topic. Who all rocked the Pictochat? And who brought it in Mario Cart and Mario party? I know my group was hitting it all up pretty good.

You may know us as Seer (who would've guessed), Eric, Manny, Juse, and Achin. I'd like to put some faces to some of the people I chatted with. ;]
ramengumi
Veteran Poster

Post by ramengumi »

I brought my PSP when I went thinking I'd have some fun with PSPTube, but when I got there I realized what I was missing out on and though "dang should've brought my DS instead!"

Oh well, no lines next year :)
Seer
Experienced Poster

Post by Seer »

Hah hah, hopefully not. But if the con grows another few thousand, who knows. Either way, pictochat is hella fun. . although you do gett hose lude dudes. ;]
NobodyNamine
Experienced Poster

Post by NobodyNamine »

Haha, I was standing in the line and I was like "Crap, I was thinking about bringing my DS too."

Lesson learned for next year. :P
gmsenpai
Veteran Poster

Post by gmsenpai »

I know I had someone pass me and my group going "Geez... look at all the DS'"

Pictochat and Mario Kart were high on my list of things to do in the lines... but then again they usually are.
Seer
Experienced Poster

Post by Seer »

Could've been me, GM. Do you remember what the person looked like?

And yes! Bring the DS next year, people! The Voice of God and the Adult Swim Wannabes said so!
Dugie
I'm new!

Post by Dugie »

Me and my friends were the "lude dudes" LOL

My friend Mike thought it would be funny to draw the nastiest things possible under my name. Which was Dugie. Some of those other names sounded familiar from the 3 seconds I was able to talk before my DS was snatched out of my hand >_>
animatedblader
I'm new!

Post by animatedblader »

I'm glad I brought my charger too. My battery just doesn't last 10 hours. The DS was the best way to survive those lines.
FFFreak1129
Getting the hang of this...

Post by FFFreak1129 »

I'm glad I had my DS with me. I used it mostly before the Pillows concert. It started up late so I went on my DS and I was surprised that there were alot of people on Pictochat. It was really fun. Alot of funny things went on in the chat room I was in. When the concert started I didn't know if I should turn off my DS or stay. I turned it off though.
YagamiRaito
Veteran Poster

Post by YagamiRaito »

I bought a DS a few weeks before the con, because at other cons I saw a lot of people on it, and I felt left out :(

I'm glad I dropped the 129 bucks for it!!
Larielle
Veteran Poster

Post by Larielle »

*facepalm* Didn't even occur to me to [strike]steal my brother's DS[/strike] bring my DS. I are smartzorz! :cool: TOTALLY bringing it next year!
NoTouchie
Veteran Poster

Post by NoTouchie »

Question: I don't have a DS, but plan on getting one. Is pictochat an in-built feature or purchased seperatly?
Seer
Experienced Poster

Post by Seer »

Hah hah, sounds like a natural and common occurance. I can dig it, hah hah.
Seer
Experienced Poster

Post by Seer »

Do not fail us again! Bring your DS and join in the festivities. Hope that you are nearby my groupa s we rock the multiplayer games like Mario Cart and Mario Party. I have Advanced wars, myself.

And pictochat comes with the DS, other person. Completely free. Just need to ride those wireless waves.
YagamiRaito
Veteran Poster

Post by YagamiRaito »

[quote=Seer]Do not fail us again! Bring your DS and join in the festivities. Hope that you are nearby my groupa s we rock the multiplayer games like Mario Cart and Mario Party. I have Advanced wars, myself.

And pictochat comes with the DS, other person. Completely free. Just need to ride those wireless waves.[/quote]

I like those waves ~~~~~~~~~~~
Seer
Experienced Poster

Post by Seer »

They are good waves~
Naoko Youko
Experienced Poster

Post by Naoko Youko »

[color:green]I was watching a friend of mine download play Mario Party while we were in line for the Masquerade.

He swore up and down whoever had it must have been on the floor below us, because his signal was weak and got better the closer it was to the floor.

Then we all got together and played Jump Ultimate Stars and Bleach. xD[/color]
gmsenpai
Veteran Poster

Post by gmsenpai »

[quote=Seer]Could've been me, GM. Do you remember what the person looked like?

And yes! Bring the DS next year, people! The Voice of God and the Adult Swim Wannabes said so![/quote]

No. :( I was looking down at my DS. I know stupid answer but I was tucked into some Mario Kart.

To be honest, there were quite a few people in the pictochat who recognized me from the forums and I thought that was really cool.