Costume and Prop Advisory

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
Kagomechan
AB Staff

Post by Kagomechan »

For a safe and enjoyable weekend of entertainment, Anime Boston Staff and the Hynes Convention Center ask that all attendees traveling with props and costumes to please not display them openly in public. If asked to present your prop to any Boston Police or Public Safety Officer when traveling to/from the convention center please comply with the request in a prompt and courteous manner. Do not attempt to ignore or otherwise leave their presence unless you are instructed to do so by the officer. This will ruin your weekend plans.

As always please comply with Anime Boston’s posted weapons policies while in the convention center. Please have your prop inspected and tagged by Anime Boston Security in Hynes Room 208. These policies are in place to help make this weekend fun and enjoyable for everyone.

Eilonnwy
AB Alumni

Post by Eilonnwy »

If you have a weapon/prop for your costume, your first stop after registration should be Security Room #208
Kitsoru
Veteran Poster

Post by Kitsoru »

Woah, wait. I don't wanna jump the gun here, but, is this 'do not have things in public' message only in regards to props themselves (where I can totally see this being an issue, what with prop weapons, etc.) or are you telling us not to wear our costumes in public?

Because.. I'm sorry, but that would be silly.
PatrickD
AB Staff

Post by PatrickD »

[quote=Kitsoru]Woah, wait. I don't wanna jump the gun here, but, is this 'do not have things in public' message only in regards to props themselves (where I can totally see this being an issue, what with prop weapons, etc.) or are you telling us not to wear our costumes in public?[/quote]
Only in regard to props...unless of course you have a weapon-like prop attached to your costume.

You can wear costumes in public.

...but the last thing you want is for a police officer to think you have a real weapon.
-Patrick Delahanty
Anime Boston North American Guest Liaison
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
AnimeCons.com | FanCons.com | The Chibi Project | Anime Unscripted™

View my Convention List