Merch for Anime Boston 2009!

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
Pham
AB Staff

Post by Pham »

The Anime Boston Merch team is pleased to announce that in addition to our collectable, year-specific shirts and pins, we will be offering a small run of women’s shirts. These are not baby-dolls, they are merely shirts cut for the female body, and have art not seen anywhere else at AB.

These shirts are very limited, and likely will not be reprinted. We are testing the waters for offering other apparel other than our con shirt, and encourage our attendees to stop by and check them out!

For the last two years, our con shirts have sold out, and last year, we sold out of our pins as well. We do encourage anyone interested in these to stop by as soon as possible, for a chance to get one.

We will be repeating our “What Merch Do You Want?” raffle. Come by and enter your REASONABLE request for AB merchandise, for a chance to win what we’re putting out next year.
Tuan N. Pham
Asst Director of Public Relations, AB 2017, 2018
Director of Public Relations, AB 2007-2016
jessica
Committed Poster

Post by jessica »

Yay female-cut shirts!

Color?
MerchMaven
AB Staff

Post by MerchMaven »

The color is called Iris, it's a couple of shades off of AB's Royal Blue.
Kerry Walker
Anime Boston Merch Manager, 2006-2019
Anime Boston Security, 2004-2006
jessica
Committed Poster

Post by jessica »

[quote=SciFiGrl47]The color is called Iris, it's a couple of shades off of AB's Royal Blue.[/quote]

According to my crayola box, that's like a purple, no? Purple comes after blue in the rainbow/color wheel, so am I correct to assume it's a purplish color? I could google, but I don't know what brand of shirts you're using....
Mosquito1945
AB Staff

Post by Mosquito1945 »

It's closer to blue than purple (the color we started with was much purpler). The iris is kind of a periwinkle color. It's very pretty. I can't wait to get one.
Kate Harrison
Asst. Merchandising Manager
Gollum
Veteran Poster

Post by Gollum »

Any chance you could tell us what the prices for the various items are going to be?
MerchMaven
AB Staff

Post by MerchMaven »

Both shirts will be priced at $12.00.

The merch team will be meeting this weekend to see what we can work out for 'deals' when merchandise is bundled.

We are trying to provide an array of items to make sure everyone can bring home a souvenir. 8)

Kerry Walker
Gollum
Veteran Poster

Post by Gollum »

ima_robot
Getting the hang of this...

Post by ima_robot »

WOOOOO~! thats a bargain!
MerchMaven
AB Staff

Post by MerchMaven »

We have done our best to keep our prices low, despite rising costs. I'd like to make sure that people can still get one, despite the financial times. 8)

The female shirts are a blue somewhere between periwinkle and wedgewood, to be a girlly-girl. This is the first piece of clothing that isn't our themed shirts, so I wanted to maintain a contact with the AB Royal Blue.

If they prove successful, I would be open to a different color scheme. 8)
Kerry Walker
jessica
Committed Poster

Post by jessica »

[quote=SciFiGrl47]
The female shirts are a blue somewhere between periwinkle and wedgewood, to be a girlly-girl. This is the first piece of clothing that isn't our themed shirts, so I wanted to maintain a contact with the AB Royal Blue.[/quote]

Can I ask what brand you're printing on? And, when you said it isn't a themed shirt, does that mean it's a different design than the regular con shirts? Assuming that "themed" means "mystery (which is the theme this year.) and not AB's colors. (Royal blue, orange, white, and black.)
MerchMaven
AB Staff

Post by MerchMaven »

[quote=jessica]
Can I ask what brand you're printing on? And, when you said it isn't a themed shirt, does that mean it's a different design than the regular con shirts? Assuming that "themed" means "mystery (which is the theme this year.) and not AB's colors. (Royal blue, orange, white, and black.)[/quote]

The same brand as AB's year specific shirts, Gilden. They are a nice weight, nice price, and do not shrink.

The art, as perviously stated, is brand new, and unique to this use. It is not tied to this year's theme. I used the word 'themed' because most of the attendee shirts through the years have been black, which is not an AB color, but have the AB Mascots and the info about year and location on the front breast.

I hope everyone will at least check it out and give us an idea of what color to use next year. 8)
Last edited by MerchMaven on Tue May 12, 2009 9:41 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: I can't spell
Kerry Walker
jessica
Committed Poster

Post by jessica »

[quote=SciFiGrl47]

The same brand as AB's year specific shirts, Gilden. They are a nice weight, nice price, and do not shrink.

[/quote]

Goodie. :D I'm buying one for sure now. If it was American Apparel.. Now that's a whole other story :P. A quick google of Gilden shows me the "Iris" color... I definitely like it. Good job.