Anime Screenings at First Night Boston

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
PatrickD
AB Staff

Post by PatrickD »

For the 6th consecutive year, the New England Anime Society, the parent organization of Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference, will be conducting screenings of a variety of anime as a part of First Night Boston.

First Night Boston is the country's oldest and largest New Year's arts celebration. On December 31, 2008 from 1 pm to midnight, First Night presents a day-long festival of art, music, dance, ice sculpture, fireworks, and more. First Night is an alcohol-free event that welcomes children, families and revelers of all ages to celebrate community and unity through the arts. First Night 2009 will feature over 1000 artists in 200 exhibitions and performances in over 40 locations in downtown Boston. Times and exact locations can be found at www.firstnight.org.

For more information on the anime screenings, visit http://firstnight.neanime.org/

Anime Boston staff will be on hand for anyone that wants to pre-register for Anime Boston 2009. Don't forget...December 31st is your last chance for the $35 registration rate!

NOTICE - We have moved from our usual room up to room 312
destro
Veteran Poster

Post by destro »

Is it goin to cost money to go to the first night event?
Eimi
Show-off

Post by Eimi »

[quote=Destro]Is it goin to cost money to go to the first night event?[/quote]
There's no additional charge, but you do have to purchase a First Night 2009 button, which I believe is $15-. They're available at grocery stores and stuff (see firstnight.org for more info)
PatrickD
AB Staff

Post by PatrickD »

[quote=Eimi]There's no additional charge, but you do have to purchase a First Night 2009 button, which I believe is $15-. They're available at grocery stores and stuff (see firstnight.org for more info)[/quote]
$15 + $3 shipping if ordered online through December 26th. It's $18 at button retailers.

Your First Night button also gets you into hundreds of other events. In addition, many Boston-area cultural organizations, including museums and theatres offer discounts to button holders. There are discounts for button holders before, day-of, and after First Night - so hold on to your First Night 2009 button and enjoy some great deals into the New Year.

http://www.firstnight.org/FirstNight200 ... ounts.aspx
-Patrick Delahanty
Anime Boston North American Guest Liaison
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
AnimeCons.com | FanCons.com | The Chibi Project | Anime Unscripted™

View my Convention List
PatrickD
AB Staff

Post by PatrickD »

I just want to point out to everyone that we are not in our usual room (due to renovations in that room). This year you can find us upstairs in Room 312.
-Patrick Delahanty
Anime Boston North American Guest Liaison
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
AnimeCons.com | FanCons.com | The Chibi Project | Anime Unscripted™

View my Convention List