Online preregistration is now available

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
jnik
Show-off

Post by jnik »

Title says it all. I apologize for it taking so long this year, but hope you will all like the results.

Please do read the directions on each page of the form very carefully, as a few things are subtly different this year.

You will receive two emails this year: one when you put in your registration information, and one when your payment clears. If you don't get the first one, check your spam box.

Let me know if anything goes pear-shaped.
Eilonnwy
AB Alumni

Post by Eilonnwy »

And also, thank you all for being patient about this. If you didn't notice before, the $35 rate was extended to Nov 30th, so you have a plenty of time to take advantage of it via online.
jakeissanji2185
Expert Poster

Post by jakeissanji2185 »

everything worked perfectly. i got signed up just fine
AB 2012 Lineup

Skypiea Sanji (One Piece)
Kanji Tatsumi (Persona 4)
Sawtooth humanized (Homestuck)
Vu
AB Staff

Post by Vu »

omgtroll.

We just need a notification for the main Anime Boston page as well. Other than that, I think we should be good. I have been spreading the word around, so people will know and jump on the opportunity.
Vu Tran
North American Guest Liaison
Anime Boston 2022

Viva la manatee!

"Gonna have to go find my eyeballs, I rolled them too hard"
- Rebecca Lee, 2019
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

138. Not as bad as I honestly figured, what with the delays and the cons for pre-reg was up at.

[quote]I moved after I sent in my pre-registration or I changed my e-mail address. How can I update my address, badge name, etc.?
You can make changes like this via the prereg status page. Note that this is the only way to change your badgename this year; you will not be able to change it at the con.[/quote]

Where exactly would I find this? I get to the status page, and could not find it. I may be changing my badge name in the future, so I would like to know ahead of time. I am guessing when it lists you as being fully paid and set, it will be open, but if not, could someone kindly tell me where this is?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Risikafox
Veteran Poster

Post by Risikafox »

First of all, congratulations on getting it up and running. *cheer*

Unfortunately, I came across something strange when I went to register my sister and myself. She's 15, but on the confirmation page, it said that a $10 discount had been applied to her badge. Isn't that only applicable for children under 13?
The Hag
Expert Poster

Post by The Hag »

This happened to me too for some of the people I was paying for, but when it was totaled on the last page it had the (correct) full membership price.
Eilonnwy
AB Alumni

Post by Eilonnwy »

Yukito - You should receive an email confirming your registration. In that email would be a status code and a link to the status page. You would click that link and enter the code to check your status.

Risikafox - Thanks for pointing that out, I will have Jon look into it.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

[quote=Eilonnwy]Yukito - You should receive an email confirming your registration. In that email would be a status code and a link to the status page. You would click that link and enter the code to check your status.[/quote]

Did that, and I see no area to edit your badge name. I take it you have to wait for it to be received before any of that though.

Edit: Oh, ok, there is a second code there. Alright, thank you. :)
elphaba
Dedicated Poster

Post by elphaba »

Thanks for working so hard! Preregistered and it feels sooooooooo good!
LadyHawke
AB Alumni

Post by LadyHawke »

Didn't notice this last night because I fail.

We all love ya, Jon. No sweat about the delay. ;)
~~ Jeni
2012 Guest Relations Division - Green Room Staff

"It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get Permission" -- RADM Grace Murray Hopper - U.S. Navy
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

Thanks for your hard work. :) The new system worked perfectly for me, it's such a relief to KNOW that my registration is all set. See you at the con!
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
troublemaiker
I'm Special!

Post by troublemaiker »

im happy you guys finally got it up, i was worried it would come up while i was away from my comp and i would miss the $35 rate, so i went on saturday and registered. i am kinda grr? maybe but, the fact that im going to AB makes up for all of that.

hopefully you guys wont have this problem next year, but like everyone else said, thank you so much! you guys totally rock for doing this!
*supermegaspecialawesomehigh-five!*
jnik
Show-off

Post by jnik »

[quote=Yukito Kunisaki]Where exactly would I find this? I get to the status page, and could not find it. I may be changing my badge name in the future, so I would like to know ahead of time. I am guessing when it lists you as being fully paid and set, it will be open, but if not, could someone kindly tell me where this is?[/quote]
There are two codes in your initial confirm email: your payment code, which lets you access information about your payment record, and your attendee status code, which lets you access information about yourself as an attendee. For changing your badge name, you're going to want the attendee record.

(Note this also means that, if you change your address, you really should change it in both places.)
jnik
Show-off

Post by jnik »

[quote=Risikafox]Unfortunately, I came across something strange when I went to register my sister and myself. She's 15, but on the confirmation page, it said that a $10 discount had been applied to her badge. Isn't that only applicable for children under 13?[/quote]
Thanks...I had a series of problems confusing 13 and 18. That piece of code was written at a very early hour of the morning. It's fixed now.
AnimeGuru06
AB Alumni

Post by AnimeGuru06 »

Yay! Wtg Jon. finally got it up. ^_^ So proud of you. lol *claps*
Kim Norton

Security Staff '07-'16
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

[quote=Yukito Kunisaki]Edit: Oh, ok, there is a second code there. Alright, thank you. :)[/quote]

[quote=jnik][quote=Yukito Kunisaki]Where exactly would I find this? I get to the status page, and could not find it. I may be changing my badge name in the future, so I would like to know ahead of time. I am guessing when it lists you as being fully paid and set, it will be open, but if not, could someone kindly tell me where this is?[/quote]
There are two codes in your initial confirm email: your payment code, which lets you access information about your payment record, and your attendee status code, which lets you access information about yourself as an attendee. For changing your badge name, you're going to want the attendee record.

(Note this also means that, if you change your address, you really should change it in both places.)[/quote]

Little slow there, but I got it, haha. Thanks though. :)
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

Got my prereg notification tonight.
Guess it will take you guys awhile to get thru all the in-person prereg papers.

Hmm. 337. A thousand shy of being 'leet' ;)
jnik
Show-off

Post by jnik »

[quote=Fetch]Guess it will take you guys awhile to get thru all the in-person prereg papers.[/quote]
Yes, although we're catching up fast. The progress is on the preregister in person page.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

I believe it. I just sent my payment again after an issue with my Email, and it got accepted in a flash, haha.