Iké Boys Screening with Eric McEver and Quinn Lord!

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
grimmrainbow
AB Asst Director

Iké Boys Screening with Eric McEver and Quinn Lord!

Post by grimmrainbow »

2023_Ike Boys.png
2023_Ike Boys.png (972.63 KiB) Viewed 3923 times
We are excited to present Iké Boys at Anime Boston 2023! Join us for the film screening with Eric McEver and Quinn Lord, Friday April 7th at 7pm in Hynes 210!

Best friends Shawn Gunderson and Vikram ‘Vik’ Kapoor escape from the drudgery of high school life in Oklahoma through their obsession with all things Japanese. When a mysterious anime film transforms them into its superhuman characters, they at first think that their wildest fantasies have come true. But when ancient monsters threaten to unleash the apocalypse on New Year's Eve of 1999, Shawn and Vik must look to each other to become the heroes they were always meant to be. Joining their adventure is Miki, a Japanese exchange student whose determination to go on a Native American vision quest puts her on a collision course with both Shawn and Vik and their foes... and whose destiny may determine the fate of the world.[/i
Ngan Vo
Assistant Director of Public Relations '24
Social Media Staff '19-'23
LVP Staff '19-'23
Jr Tech Staff '16-'18
zswasta
I'm new!

Re: Iké Boys Screening with Eric McEver and Quinn Lord!

Post by zswasta »

Will Eric and Quinn be tabling at all on the con floor?

I want to meet them, but I'm running a panel that conflicts with this screening/Q&A.
Mrs_Halapeno
AB Staff

Post by Mrs_Halapeno »

zswasta wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:28 pm Will Eric and Quinn be tabling at all on the con floor?

I want to meet them, but I'm running a panel that conflicts with this screening/Q&A.
Hello ~
Quinn will be signing!
Holly Pineau
Social Media Team
Mrs_Halapeno
AB Staff

Post by Mrs_Halapeno »

zswasta wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:28 pm Will Eric and Quinn be tabling at all on the con floor?

Hello ~ There is an update. Quinn will no longer be signing autographs.
Holly Pineau
Social Media Team
tonyadams
I'm new!

Post by tonyadams »

I definitely don't want to miss this exciting screening of Iké Boys at Anime Boston 2023 with Eric McEver and Quinn Lord. travle
victorpatrick
Getting the hang of this...

Post by victorpatrick »

This thrilling Iké Boys screening with Eric McEver and Quinn Lord at Anime Boston 2023 is something I really don't want to miss.  buildnow gg 
BreadCosplay
Expert Poster

Post by BreadCosplay »

woah the two replies above are weird as heck
>>>our carrd/socials<<<

MAJIMA'S AB 2024 LINEUP
Goro Majima (Yakuza Kiwami)
BREAD'S AB 2024 LINEUP
Sakura Minamoto (Zombieland SAGA)
nekropunx88

Post by nekropunx88 »

BreadCosplay wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:38 pm woah the two replies above are weird as heck
I think they're bots, I've noticed that the account who posted the reply directly before yours has been replying to old (and sometimes very old) posts with some variation of a reply already left on the thread.
Anime Boston 2024
Friday (Morning): Joe Kido - Digimon Adventure: (2020)
Friday (Afternoon): Langa Hasegawa (Dope Sketch Version) - SK8 the Infinity
Saturday: Ryūnosuke Akutagawa - Bungo Stray Dogs
Sunday: Tadashi "Snake" Kikuchi - SK8 the Infinity
BreadCosplay
Expert Poster

Post by BreadCosplay »

nekropunx88 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:42 pm
BreadCosplay wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:38 pm woah the two replies above are weird as heck
I think they're bots, I've noticed that the account who posted the reply directly before yours has been replying to old (and sometimes very old) posts with some variation of a reply already left on the thread.
you're absolutely right too. that's so weird! why bot on the anime boston forums :lol:
>>>our carrd/socials<<<

MAJIMA'S AB 2024 LINEUP
Goro Majima (Yakuza Kiwami)
BREAD'S AB 2024 LINEUP
Sakura Minamoto (Zombieland SAGA)
Beagall

Post by Beagall »

BreadCosplay wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:28 pm
nekropunx88 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:42 pm
you're absolutely right too. that's so weird! why bot on the anime boston forums :lol:
A few weeks ago I was even seeing spam threads for some crypto investing reddit by the bots. The weird (likely AI generated) replies might be a way for them to get around new user restrictions on forums before posting spam links, assuming they are designed for more than AB's forum.