Hotel Bookings are live!

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
Xeliam
AB Staff

Hotel Bookings are live!

Post by Xeliam »

Hotel bokings are open!.png
Hotel bokings are open!.png (309.42 KiB) Viewed 2228 times

One more step closer to Anime Boston 2023!

Please click here to book hotels

Please stay tuned for more announcements coming soon!
Mike Cutipa
Social Media Team
2020-2023
Roy57
I'm new!

Re: Hotel Bookings are live!

Post by Roy57 »

Hello and thank you for the information.
Lone_Wulf91
AB Staff

Post by Lone_Wulf91 »

Got my room reserved!!! This will be my first time doing AB without roommates so it should be a fun time hahaha looking forward to seeing everyone!
Richard Rivera
Rick Rivera

Rich Rivera
Security Staff
animationalstar
Determined Poster

Post by animationalstar »

Will there be rooms available for Sunday night, 4/9? Last year I was able to book a hotel Thurs-Mon, and this year I saw that there’s a waitlist for that Sunday night for each hotel.
KimtanaTheGeek
Getting the hang of this...

Post by KimtanaTheGeek »

I am stunned that the "traditional" Sheraton rooms are already sold out. I have been checking the hotel page on the AB site every day since October, and I can't believe it went live last night and already got filled. We had to reserve a "Run of House" room, but we're worried because my boyfriend is Deaf and needs an accessible room (with fire alarms and doorbell with strobe lights), and might end up with a non-accessible room since Run of House apparently means "you get what you get" rooms.

Every year gets more and more stressful when getting rooms. I know AB gets busier and busier, but this was crazy. If I wasn't so neurotic checking daily, I would have completely missed out. :(
randy
I'm new!

Post by randy »

Hello,

Thank you for the information. I have checked but it seems that almost all the rooms are full.
My website here : VXhentai
theonlylostsoul
AB Executive

Post by theonlylostsoul »

pirateoceanlova wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:09 pm Will there be rooms available for Sunday night, 4/9? Last year I was able to book a hotel Thurs-Mon, and this year I saw that there’s a waitlist for that Sunday night for each hotel.
Hello, thank you for you inquiry. Due to the property owner repurposing the South Tower that the Sheraton had used, the hotel has lost a substantial inventory of rooms and this has a great impact on availability. As we get closer to the convention our hotel booking partner Maritz or the hotel itself will be able to confirm if they have a Sunday night room for you. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer than this.
Kirsten (Kiri) Smith
Director of Operations
Anime Boston
theonlylostsoul
AB Executive

KimtanaTheGeek wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:22 am I am stunned that the "traditional" Sheraton rooms are already sold out. I have been checking the hotel page on the AB site every day since October, and I can't believe it went live last night and already got filled. We had to reserve a "Run of House" room, but we're worried because my boyfriend is Deaf and needs an accessible room (with fire alarms and doorbell with strobe lights), and might end up with a non-accessible room since Run of House apparently means "you get what you get" rooms.

Every year gets more and more stressful when getting rooms. I know AB gets busier and busier, but this was crazy. If I wasn't so neurotic checking daily, I would have completely missed out. :(
Hello and thank you for your feedback. Due to the property owner repurposing the South Tower that the Sheraton had used, the hotel has lost a substantial inventory of rooms and this has a great impact on availability.

Run of house is essentially a standard room. Did you request an accesible room when booking? Another option is to change your reservation to another hotel our convention has contracted rates with. If you'd like a more direct line of contact, please visit https://www.animeboston.com/coninfo/contact/8 to fill out the contact form to reach the Operations Division directly and we can try to help you and your boyfriend have a safer space to sleep.
Kirsten (Kiri) Smith
Director of Operations
Anime Boston
animationalstar
Determined Poster

theonlylostsoul wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:15 am
pirateoceanlova wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:09 pm Will there be rooms available for Sunday night, 4/9? Last year I was able to book a hotel Thurs-Mon, and this year I saw that there’s a waitlist for that Sunday night for each hotel.
Hello, thank you for you inquiry. Due to the property owner repurposing the South Tower that the Sheraton had used, the hotel has lost a substantial inventory of rooms and this has a great impact on availability. As we get closer to the convention our hotel booking partner Maritz or the hotel itself will be able to confirm if they have a Sunday night room for you. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer than this.
Thank you for letting me know about the Sheraton, but I actually made my reservation at the Marriott Boston Copley Place, does this loss of inventory still apply to the Marriot hotel or any other hotel part of the Maritz booking?
theonlylostsoul
AB Executive

randy wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:48 am Hello,

Thank you for the information. I have checked but it seems that almost all the rooms are full.
Hello and thank you for your feedback. Have you tried all of our partner hotels? The Sheraton will fill up quickly as the property owner repurposed the South Tower and the Sheraton lost all of that hotel room inventory. Most of our other hotels have rooms available with the exception of Sundays that seem to be put on to waitlist.
Kirsten (Kiri) Smith
Director of Operations
Anime Boston
mvhcmaniac
I'm new!

Post by mvhcmaniac »

Is there any risk involved with the "run of the house" rooms at the Sheraton? As in, are those rooms actually being reserved or is there a chance I show up and nothing's available? Just confused because I've never seen this before.
theonlylostsoul
AB Executive

mvhcmaniac wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:36 pm Is there any risk involved with the "run of the house" rooms at the Sheraton? As in, are those rooms actually being reserved or is there a chance I show up and nothing's available? Just confused because I've never seen this before.
Hi there! When you book through our portal with our housing partner Maritz, your rooms are guaranteed. Anime Boston has contracted rooms with the neighboring hotels and Maritz aids us in booking them. Having one website to see all your options is much easier than going to each hotel’s website separately!

“Run of house” is definitely a confusing jargon term used by hotels. Essentially a run of house room is a basic hotel room, so there’s no risk to the room not being there.

Hopefully this has answered your questions!
Kirsten (Kiri) Smith
Director of Operations
Anime Boston
Mirotic
Veteran Poster

Post by Mirotic »

Do you happen to know the date for when there will be updates for waitlisted rooms?
I believe if time passes, everything turns into beauty. If the rains stop, tears clean the scars of memory away. Everything starts wearing fresh colors. Every sound begins playing a heartful melody. Jealousy embellishes a page of the epic. Desire is embraced in a dream. But my mind is still in chaos and..
2012 / 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2018 / 2019 / 2020 / 2021 / 2022
theonlylostsoul
AB Executive

Mirotic wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:30 pm Do you happen to know the date for when there will be updates for waitlisted rooms?
Unfortunately, we do not at this time.
Kirsten (Kiri) Smith
Director of Operations
Anime Boston
theonlylostsoul
AB Executive

pirateoceanlova wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:47 am
theonlylostsoul wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:15 am
Thank you for letting me know about the Sheraton, but I actually made my reservation at the Marriott Boston Copley Place, does this loss of inventory still apply to the Marriot hotel or any other hotel part of the Maritz booking?
Ahh ok, sorry about that. The Marriott does not have any Sunday night rooms through our portal. You can try calling the hotel directly and booking direct with them.
Kirsten (Kiri) Smith
Director of Operations
Anime Boston
animationalstar
Determined Poster

Do you happen to know if any of the hotels in the portal do have Sunday night availability, or would all the hotels be Thursday-Saturday night only?

I also booked a hotel reservation through the portal at the Marriott a few weeks ago from Thursday night to checkout on Sunday morning, and when I called the hotel to confirm the reservation I made online, they don't have my name on file. I never got a confirmation email, even though when I booked the room a few weeks ago, it currently has a green check mark and says that it is confirmed. Would you be able to confirm this for me?
ferretwrangler
Getting the hang of this...

Post by ferretwrangler »

pirateoceanlova wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:37 pm Do you happen to know if any of the hotels in the portal do have Sunday night availability, or would all the hotels be Thursday-Saturday night only?

I also booked a hotel reservation through the portal at the Marriott a few weeks ago from Thursday night to checkout on Sunday morning, and when I called the hotel to confirm the reservation I made online, they don't have my name on file. I never got a confirmation email, even though when I booked the room a few weeks ago, it currently has a green check mark and says that it is confirmed. Would you be able to confirm this for me?
Your booking won't actually be pushed over to the Marriott until just before the event. Last year, I believe our reservation didn't push into their system until a week out. This is totally normal. All your event will be on the reservation booking system through Maritz until they send it to the hotels.
AB 2024: TBD
AB 2023: Emeraldas (Friday), Deedlit (Saturday), Marin Kitagawa (Sunday)
AB 2022: Futaba Sakura (Friday), Raphtalia (Saturday)
theonlylostsoul
AB Executive

pirateoceanlova wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:37 pm Do you happen to know if any of the hotels in the portal do have Sunday night availability, or would all the hotels be Thursday-Saturday night only?

Most of the Sunday night rooms seen to be waitlisted, excpet possibly at the Westin.

And FerretWrangler has the right of it, Maritz will hold the reservations until 1-2 weeks from the convention, so all changes and confirmations will be through Maritz until then. During the transition period, there may be a few day period where it seems no one has the reservations as the hotels need time to process all the reservation data.

If you cannot get back into the reservation portal to verify your reservation, please email animeboston@maritz.com and they'll be able to assist you. You should have received a confirmation email, please check spam/junk filters just in case. Please let me know if you have any other questions and I am happy to answer!
Kirsten (Kiri) Smith
Director of Operations
Anime Boston
animationalstar
Determined Poster

Thank you for the information! I just got off the phone with someone at the front desk/guest services area at the Marriott Copley Place hotel. After telling them that I had a reservation under Anime Boston from Thursday April 6- Sunday April 9 at the Marriott for the convention, and that I wanted to book a room for Sunday night April 9 at the Marriott rate for the day since Anime Boston rates are not available for that night, they told me to contact Anime Boston to get that set up. The reason they said they cannot make a reservation for me Sunday night April 9 is that the dates are too far out for them to see my reservation, and that only Anime Boston can make that Sunday night reservation for me at the Marriott rate (not the convention rate). To me it sounds like I would need to go through the Marriott to get a Marriott reservation for Sunday night at the Marriot rates not the convention rates, but they told me otherwise since the other dates on my reservation are under the convention. Would someone be able to assist me with this? I just want to make sure I'm not going back and forth between the convention and the hotel in order to get a hotel room for a night that Anime Boston doesn't offer!
pineconedz
I'm new!

Post by pineconedz »

Does anyone know of any hotels near the convention that allow 18+ to check in rather than 21+? All the block hotels are only 21+ so I can't book with any of them. I really want to get a hotel close to the convention, but my age is restricting me so much :(
saffieb
Veteran Poster

Post by saffieb »

theonlylostsoul wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:08 pm
mvhcmaniac wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:36 pm Is there any risk involved with the "run of the house" rooms at the Sheraton? As in, are those rooms actually being reserved or is there a chance I show up and nothing's available? Just confused because I've never seen this before.
“Run of house” is definitely a confusing jargon term used by hotels. Essentially a run of house room is a basic hotel room, so there’s no risk to the room not being there.

Hopefully this has answered your questions!
So by “standard room”, what does that entail, if you know? My father is coming and he has a mobility handicap, so I requested a room on a lower floor with two beds so it’ll be easier to get to and from the convention. He also has certain dietary restrictions and requires a refrigerator in the room. Do you know if a “standard room” can accommodate this?

And you said the South Tower is being repurposed? So all of the rooms will be in the north tower? Or are there still some rooms available in the south tower? We were pushed to the north tower last year and it was a bit of a struggle.

Sorry, just trying to make things easier for him.
AB 2024- Celebi (Pokémon)
AB 2022- Boris Airay (Alice in the Country of Hearts)