Anime Boston 2022 Hotel Booking is live!

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
Xeliam
AB Staff

Anime Boston 2022 Hotel Booking is live!

Post by Xeliam »

We appreciate everyone's patience while waiting for this news!

Please click here to book hotels!

With December finally here we thank you all for sticking with us as we get more news ready to share with you all for AB2022.

Hotel booking is live.jpg
Hotel booking is live.jpg (693.54 KiB) Viewed 2044 times
Mike Cutipa
Social Media Team
2020-2023
ffboy2378
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Anime Boston 2022 Hotel Booking is live!

Post by ffboy2378 »

Hi!

I just have a question. I tried asking this in the related/relevant post in Facebook, but my comment/question apparently was hidden because it supposedly violated Facebook Community Standards for some reason.

I noticed that the Midtown Hotel was not amongst the hotels that Anime Boston/Maritz had negotiated room rates with (as it was one of the more popular/known hotels in past years due to its price). My Facebook inquiry was basically asking if the Midtown Hotel rooms was already gone/booked up, if the Midtown was going to be available at a later date in the con block, or the con did not get rates at the Midtown (such as if the hotel closed down or something). I apologize in advance if any information regarding the status of the Midtown was posted/explained somewhere else already and I missed it.

Thanks so much.
Attended Anime Boston in: 2005-06 & since 2011.
Other cons I attended in the past include: AnimeNEXT, Otakon, Colossalcon East, Katsucon, MAGFest, Animazement, & Anime NYC.
Proud Persona 4 fan since '09.
Cosplayer since '09, proudly~as the Persona 4 Protagonist.
Aidan2
AB Executive

Post by Aidan2 »

Doing a bit of looking around..And I am NOT a part of our hotel team.

The Midtown hotel was sold and as of September 2021 was in the process of being redeveloped into apartments

http://realestate.boston.com/new-develo ... own-hotel/
Michael Lee
Director of Technical Operations
Kagomechan
AB Staff

Post by Kagomechan »

Aidan2 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:36 pm Doing a bit of looking around..And I am NOT a part of our hotel team.

The Midtown hotel was sold and as of September 2021 was in the process of being redeveloped into apartments

http://realestate.boston.com/new-develo ... own-hotel/
The Midtown is also being used for Northeastern University housing through the end of the school year: https://www.northeastern.edu/housing/midtown-hotel/
Mary Kaplan
Staff Resource Manager for Anime Boston 2013-2024
Director of Operations for Anime Boston 2006-2012
Secretary 2004-2005
Information Desk Manager 2003-2005
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

I just discovered this announcement in more or less the last fifteen minutes. Please, in the future also issue a notice via the E-mail mailing list. I was able to book a room, but not the two-double-bed one that I would have preferred.

Edit: I just checked my E-mail, and if AB sent a notice of the hotel room availability, I can't find it. (I keep all messages except spam, dating back a decade and a half.)