Cosplay HQ is Now Open!

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Cosplay HQ is Now Open!

Post by Nemra »

CosplayHQ is now open!

You can now submit your applications for the Arda Wigs Contest, Masquerade, Craftsmanship Contest, Cosplot and Cosplay Games!

To access your CosplayHQ make sure you are logged into the forums and click here!
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

Selestyl
Determined Poster

Re: Cosplay HQ is Now Open!

Post by Selestyl »

Woohoo! Thanks for the heads up!
2023 Lineup:

Luigi - Luigi’s Mansion
Joker - Persona 5
Barnaby Brooks Jr. - Tiger and Bunny
ArtestCosplayGirl200
Experienced Poster

Post by ArtestCosplayGirl200 »

hey thanks for the heads up. does anyone know what the deadline is for all the cosplay events. i am having a hard time finding it.

AB 09: SM
10: Pretear, Sakura
11: Miku Hatsune, Yuki Cross, Mion, Amu Hinamori
Been going since 2009.
2021: megumin and re zero
Amaren
AB Staff

Post by Amaren »

ArtestCosplayGirl200 wrote:hey thanks for the heads up. does anyone know what the deadline is for all the cosplay events. i am having a hard time finding it.
February 28th. :)
Darren Hadden
Cosplay Games Staff 2023
Cosplay Lip Sync Battle Coordinator
inkfishie
I'm new!

Post by inkfishie »

Hi! This is my first time applying for any of the AB contests, I read on the faq that the costume doesn't need to be finished when applying but the application wont take me forward until I upload a photo so I'm not sure how to proceed. Can I get some clarification, please?

Thanks!
Ficus
AB Staff

Post by Ficus »

Since applications for Cosplay Games wont be looked at until the deadline passes, you can work on the costume now, and submit the app with a picture later. There's no rush for applications, so take your time. You have 2 months.
Ashley Shaffer
Cosplay Gatherings and Photosets Staff- 2024
ksmurf
AB Executive

Post by ksmurf »

inkfishie wrote:Hi! This is my first time applying for any of the AB contests, I read on the faq that the costume doesn't need to be finished when applying but the application wont take me forward until I upload a photo so I'm not sure how to proceed. Can I get some clarification, please?

Thanks!
You can also take pictures of yourself in the costume as you progress. For example, if you have a bunch of the costume done, but you haven't finished all the details like embroidary or completely done with the wig, take a picture of yourself in what you have. Then update the pictures as you go.

One note: Cosplot is rolling. Roles will be filled as applications come in and are reviewed. Cosplot also has a shorter deadline (Feb 4).

All other games will select participants after the deadline.
Alison Bird
Director of Programming 2024
Selestyl
Determined Poster

Post by Selestyl »

I have a possibly oddly specific question.

My character has full-body makeup that I will be testing before I get the last piece of my cosplay. I don't want to risk wasting the makeup by doing it more than once if I can avoid it, so can I take a picture of the makeup without the missing piece, and then take a second picture once I get the missing piece but without the makeup? Sorry if that's a confusing question, and thank you for your time!
2023 Lineup:

Luigi - Luigi’s Mansion
Joker - Persona 5
ksmurf
AB Executive

Post by ksmurf »

Selestyl wrote:I have a possibly oddly specific question.

My character has full-body makeup that I will be testing before I get the last piece of my cosplay. I don't want to risk wasting the makeup by doing it more than once if I can avoid it, so can I take a picture of the makeup without the missing piece, and then take a second picture once I get the missing piece but without the makeup? Sorry if that's a confusing question, and thank you for your time!
You should be okay. When I participated in cosplay games, I had costumes picked where I had front/back shots of me in the costume and a separate picture of the styled wig on a wig head.

The pictures are there to give the coordinators a sense of what the costume will look like on you at the con. Try to provide as much clarity and detail as possible, even if it's not all on one shot.
Alison Bird
Director of Programming 2024
Selestyl
Determined Poster

Post by Selestyl »

ksmurf wrote:
Selestyl wrote:I have a possibly oddly specific question.

You should be okay. When I participated in cosplay games, I had costumes picked where I had front/back shots of me in the costume and a separate picture of the styled wig on a wig head.

The pictures are there to give the coordinators a sense of what the costume will look like on you at the con. Try to provide as much clarity and detail as possible, even if it's not all on one shot.
Thank you so much! The piece that is missing is small (it's a sash), but I definitely want it to look complete, even if it's not all in one picture.

(Of course, if the makeup turns out not looking good, I'll probably end up scrapping my application, lol.)
2023 Lineup:

Luigi - Luigi’s Mansion
Joker - Persona 5
ApocalypseUnicorn
Getting the hang of this...

Post by ApocalypseUnicorn »

Quick question! I'd LOVE to do some cosplay games, but I want to make sure my schedule will work with the games I'm applying for. I'll be attending both Friday and Sunday, but may only be able to attend the afternoon/evening of Saturday due to my job. I want to make sure I'll be able to keep the commitment to whatever I apply to/get accepted for. Will there be a schedule released for which day/when each of these games are before the application deadline hits? Or are the days already listed and I just can't find them? Thanks in advance!
Anime Boston 2019 Cosplays: Squidward (Spongebob the Musical), Drunk!Yuri Katsuki (Yuri!! On Ice), Light Yagami (Death Note), Connor (Detroit: Become Human), Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Anime Boston 2022 Cosplans: Takumi Aldini (Food Wars), Ling Yao (Fullmetal Alchemist), Louis (Beastars), Tatsu (The Way of the Househusband), Momoko (Ghost Stories)
Amaren
AB Staff

Post by Amaren »

ApocalypseUnicorn wrote:Quick question! I'd LOVE to do some cosplay games, but I want to make sure my schedule will work with the games I'm applying for. I'll be attending both Friday and Sunday, but may only be able to attend the afternoon/evening of Saturday due to my job. I want to make sure I'll be able to keep the commitment to whatever I apply to/get accepted for. Will there be a schedule released for which day/when each of these games are before the application deadline hits? Or are the days already listed and I just can't find them? Thanks in advance!
Unfortunately, the schedule usually isn't posted until the week before con. But I can give you a rough idea. Death match is always on Friday and chess is always on Sunday. It really all depends on which game you are applying for really.
Darren Hadden
Cosplay Games Staff 2023
Cosplay Lip Sync Battle Coordinator
ArtestCosplayGirl200
Experienced Poster

Post by ArtestCosplayGirl200 »

i can vouch for that, they can't grantee that it can work with everyone, they can only work around everything that happens at the events or whoever staffs it. the rules are if your in them they expect you to show up if you are able to. there is no grantee that it will work around your schedule.

death match and 18 plus dating game is always on Friday.
masquerade and a few others would be on sat (masquerade is always on a sat night).
chess is always on a Sunday.

if you look back on the schedules from the previous years then you can get the gist of what time and day they usually ideal to pick around on.

AB 09: SM
10: Pretear, Sakura
11: Miku Hatsune, Yuki Cross, Mion, Amu Hinamori
Been going since 2009.
2021: megumin and re zero