Regarding Takamasa Sakurai

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Regarding Takamasa Sakurai

Post by Nemra »

As some of you may have already heard, Takamasa Sakurai has passed away.

Sakurai-san was a guest at Anime Boston in 2012. Sakurai-san as one of Anime Boston first cultural guests, a program that has continued through Programming's exploration of more academic content.

A few years later, Sakurai-san was instrumental in arranging for Anime Boston to become one of the first members of the IOEA.

It was his experience in Boston that put us on that short list. It is also partially due to that recommendation, that Anime Boston is becoming better known in Japan.

In brief, Sakurai-san was one of the premiere ambassadors of Japanese pop culture across the globe and a true friend to Anime Boston.

Rest in peace
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

coolforever
AB Alumni

Re: Regarding Takamasa Sakurai

Post by coolforever »

Wow, that's horrible to hear especially with how he died.

R.I.P. :(
Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
ShoujoQ
I'm new!

Re: Regarding Takamasa Sakurai

Post by ShoujoQ »

It was so shocking to hear of Takamasa's passing. Only because I was reading an article from him a few days prior. I had always hoped to be able to meet him in person one day and thank him for all the work he did. He was a great supporter of anime and Japanese idols. Some of his articles can be found here ->Here They are worth a read for sure.

He will be missed greatly.